MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ignatius

Kuching Intl Spotting Pixies...

Could not match rwy 07 :)

But sooner or later, need to find a new location ..

Kuching gathering ?

Most probably this Saturday at rwy 07 ..

How about the others ?

its it Beech king at hornbill hanger yesterday anyone got info ?

the gathering can i request for sunday ?

Sarawak Govt Takes Delivery Of Beechcraft Plane

SINGAPORE, Feb 20 (Bernama) -- Sarawak government's aviation company Hornbill Skyways today took delivery of Hawker Pacific's Beechcraft King Air B200GT plane in a brief ceremony at Singapore Airshow 2008.

Hornbill Skyways' executive chairman Aidan Wing received the aircraft, which is on display at the Changi Exhibition Centre during the six-day Singapore Airshow beginning yesterday, from Hawker Pacific's chairman Henrik Von Platen.

Aidan told Bernama the aircraft would be for multi-purpose use, especially for aerial survey, air ambulance and corporate service.

He said the Beechcraft plane was selected over its competitors because of its proven record as a multi-role aircraft and better speed.

He also said that Hornbill Skyways planned to acquire two more aircraft bigger than the Beechcraft soon in anticipation of higher air service demand following the launch earlier this month of the Sarawak Corridor of Renewable Energy which would see RM300 billion state government investment.

Hornbill Skyways now has three fixed-wing aircraft in its stable. The company also has 10 helicopters under its wing in operation in Sarawak.

Hawker Pacific's chief executive officer Alan Smith said the Beechcraft would undergo an extensive modification programme by the company to prepare it for the multi-roles following the delivery.

The aircraft is expected to be fully operational at its base in Sarawak by May this year.

Hornbill Skyways, set up in 1977 and jointly owned by Sarawak Foundation, Sarawak Timber Industry Development Corporation and other shareholders, operates from its main base in Miri.

Hawker Pacific is a market leader in integrated civil and military aerospace sales and product support in Australasia with facilities in Southeast Asia, Australia, New Zealand and the Middle East.

-- BERNAMA

taken from BERNAMA website

mw-N34008-2008-02-19-01-HornbillSky.jpg

Taken from this forum from the Singapore Airshow Thread...credit to the person who took this picture...sorry...cant remember who...help!

Hope it asnwer your question MOVE....

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

yup..saw the aircraft in the hanger also last friday..12/12

got new rego now..9M-WSK.. ;)

Edited by rayner

Hehehe.. just tell boss that you have a meeting loh, or drag along big boss for the gathering.. I'm sure he's ok kekeke... :rofl:

Sunday is also ok ..

But this Saturday, we will have 744 as our menu hehehe

Sunday is also ok ..

I really hope you guys can take the shot from the hill.. Afternoon shots from the hill with the lights lighting up the engines.. perfect guys.. Now arm ur weapons and nail it for me can ? :blink:

Hehehe.. just tell boss that you have a meeting loh, or drag along big boss for the gathering.. I'm sure he's ok kekeke... :rofl:

hahaha... if can i drag him along.

Sunday is also ok ..

orite... i scare this saturday i cant make it got shoot.

I really hope you guys can take the shot from the hill.. Afternoon shots from the hill with the lights lighting up the engines.. perfect guys.. Now arm ur weapons and nail it for me can ? :blink:

this week hari2 raining i scare the lighting not cun lah..:(

hahaha... if can i drag him along.

orite... i scare this saturday i cant make it got shoot.

this week hari2 raining i scare the lighting not cun lah..:(

Hahaha, bro, ur boss once say he can shoot in any lighting.. be it rain or sunshine.. , can make the shots dramatic mah.... but off course hope its not raining meow and woofs lah.. Sat got shoot kah? its coming in the afternoon rite.. not morning.. try go lor kekeke..

See you folks there tomorrow! ;) Runway 07 usual spot right? Cos if you folks are planning to shoot from the 'perumahan' area I don't know the location... :(

Just worry about the weather ..:)

its been rainning for two days..the sky is dried up..haha..

lets pray for a sunny Saturday..

chinese dont forget to hang some 晴天娃娃 around ur house :D .wakakaka

Edited by Wilber Tan

Saturday (20/12/08)

KT 23 (MH8022)

Jeddah - Kuching

Arrival: 1550

Retimed to 1700 hrs .. will check again later

Thanks Lee for the info

Aiya, it's raining again ..

Most probably not go, only have motorcycle

Nanti kena ujan, habis saya punya D300