MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

The Elite Tier Bonus of 25% is calculated on the 50% extra or 100% extra you get for flying Business or First. For example, SYD-KUL is worth about 4096 miles. Flying Business class will earn you 6135 miles (that's an extra 2048 miles) and you'll earn an additional 512 miles for the Elite Tier Bonus.

Thanks for the info, Josh!

My pleasure.

What I wish would happen with the Elite Tier Bonus is that elite members can earn bonus points on any fare that they fly. The Qantas FF programme does that. ;)

Latest from Enrich.

Saturday March 12, 2011

MAS’ Enrich programme has hospitality as its main selling point

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2011/3/12/business/8185614&sec=business

By DALJIT DHESI

daljit@thestar.com.my

Malaysia Airlines aims for a bigger membership base for its Enrich frequent flyer and loyalty programme via a range of lifestyle-based events apart from travels hosted under the Enrich Indulgence series.

It currently has close to two million members worldwide, with the majority from Malaysia followed by Australia. About 90% of Enrich members are from Asia and Australasia.

Enrich corporate marketing and loyalty programme senior vice-president Raja Datuk Nordiana Zainal Shah says it expects more than 10% growth in membership this year due to its ability to meet the diverse needs of its Enrich members. She says membership over the last few years has consistently been growing at an annual rate of 10% a year.

“Although meeting everyone's needs is not an easy thing, we try our level best to actively engage with our members and place hospitality as one of our utmost virtues when dealing with them. We get consistent feedback from our members and know what they want,” she says in an interview.

b_25zainal.jpg

Raja Datuk Nordiana Zainal Shah: “We get consistent feedback from our members and know what they want.”

In 2000, there were about 40,000 Enrich members and the figure increased to two million last year, she says, adding that she is hopeful the membership will continue to grow despite the escalating price of crude which will lead to higher fuel surcharges and flight ticket prices.

Of the two million members, about 5% were elite tier members Nordiana says, adding that this is a significant milestone for Enrich as the average industry benchmark of elite tier membership is between 1% and 3%.

Enrich caters to four tiers of membership blue for entry level, silver, gold and platinum for the elite tiers of the Enrich members segment.

Members in all tiers are eligible to use their earned miles to redeem flight and upgrade their class of travel. Alternatively, the miles can also be used to obtain Enrich vouchers for in-flight shopping or to purchase extra baggage allowance.

The list of benefits gets more comprehensive as members move up to the elite tiers including access to the Golden Lounge, priority check-in, excess baggage allowance and priority reservation list.

To top it all, there is the Chef-on-Call service, a pre-flight meal order service exclusively for Enrich Platinum members

Enrich Indulgence Series, which was introduced three years ago, is a lifestyle platform that Enrich is embarking on to reach its members.

It aims to forge closer relationship with its members and partners on top of its existing flying benefits such as the miles redemption in air travel and other ancillary benefits.

Nordiana says there are six themes to the Indulgence series such as travel, shopping, music, fashion, art and golf.

The focus of each indulgence event is to forge deeper engagement with members and partners by delivering unrivalled treats, privileges and experience, she notes.

Of the six, music and golf were the more prominent ones in terms of interest generation from members.

In November last year, Enrich members were entertained by legendary singer Diana Ross at a private performance at the KL Hilton held exclusively for Enrich members and this year it will be two time Grammy awards winner Michael Buble who will perform at a concert on March 13 at Stadium Malawati, Shah Alam.

She says Enrich manage to secure 800 new members in a couple of weeks when the tickets for the Buble concert went on sale on Jan 7. About 83% of the total tickets sold were to Enrich members, she says.

On the decision to choose the entertainer, she says: “He is one of the biggest selling artists of the decade and an epitome of success in the international music industry. Likewise for Enrich, the brand has achieved many successes in the last decade and presenting Michael Buble in our shores and via the Music Indulgence platform is a stellar achievement which underscores our commitment to members and partners.

“There has been overwhelming response from our Enrich members across the region and we have members flying in from Brunei, Jakarta, Singapore and Britain. Britain is the top five key markets for Enrich.”

Enrich will be enhanced from May onwards. And in a major development, the new World of Riches (WoR) for period May-Jul-2011 has been made available in print form before mid-April. (Amazing achievement given how slow Enrich/ MH traditionally is - Azizul would be delighted!! - MH should get some recognition from the M'sian Book of Records for this major achievement !!!)

Amongst others,

- 30% redemption for ASEAN destinations & others;

- 30% redemption for long haul companion biz ticket, but you need to purchase one biz ticket;

- MASWings is now a member, so you can accrue miles;

- 100,000 miles to achieve platinum status within 1 yr, but only 80k to maintain it.

- 15% additional discount on mileage required for online redemptions,

- one-way redemptions will be 50% of a return redemption,

- one can also redeem online for lounge access and temptations vouchers (I think they are doing away with physical vouchers or something along those lines)

- new design for Enrich cards (nothing oustanding, in my opinion)

- sector-base accrual simplified. From May, 1 sector for each Y class travelled, 2 for C and 3 for F.

etc

To date, the website does not reflect any of the above, and the login page/ transactional website is still separate & distinct from the rest of MH's website. Maybe there will be some integration come May.

Mushrif brought us an enlightening news from the dead subforum.

Enrich will be enhanced from May onwards. And in a major development, the new World of Riches (WoR) for period May-Jul-2011 has been made available in print form before mid-April. (Amazing achievement given how slow Enrich/ MH traditionally is - Azizul would be delighted!! - MH should get some recognition from the M'sian Book of Records for this major achievement !!!)

Amongst others,

- 30% redemption for ASEAN destinations & others;

- 30% redemption for long haul companion biz ticket, but you need to purchase one biz ticket;

- 100,000 miles to achieve platinum status within 1 yr, but only 80k to maintain it.

- one can also redeem online for lounge access and temptations vouchers (I think they are doing away with physical vouchers or something along those lines)

- new design for Enrich cards (nothing oustanding, in my opinion)

- sector-base accrual simplified. From May, 1 sector for each Y class travelled, 2 for C and 3 for F.

etc

To date, the website does not reflect any of the above, and the login page/ transactional website is still separate & distinct from the rest of MH's website. Maybe there will be some integration come May.

I'll reserve my 'delight' until I get my hands on the online pdf version of the WOR 1 May - 31 July 2011 and the prove that all the enhancements above have take effect.

The enhancements are really endearing.

Great news! Now the mileage accrual matter is standardized for all MH coded flights.

I believe this 100,000 miles are status miles, meaning the miles which only counted if you fly Business and First class only. I don't think MH will award a Platinum status to someone who earns 100,000 miles with MH in a year but by only flying in Economy class.

Aha, straight copy paste from SQ's KrisFlyer SOP LOL. I wonder if the additional 15% discount is applicable to the routes being given a 30% discount on one particular quarter thus 30% + 15% = 45% discount on redemption on the routes? With SQ it does not work that way. MH in the past has given even 50% discount on redemption.

Great news IF MH does not change the current return rates. KUL to Europe will now be only 30,000 miles one way, compared to 42,000 miles at present. And this is normal rates, before the 15% discount for online redemption or 30% discount for that particular quarter.

- Yes, it is 100K Elite Miles or 130 Elite sectors in one calendar yr to achieve Platinum.

- Apart from the 50% redemption for one-way, the WoR states that there will be a new redemption chart so that redemptions will require less miles. The chart, however, is not printed within the WoR.

But comparing the mileage-required in the charts of teh destinations on offer for May-July WoR; it appears that the reduced mileage requirements is not for all destinations. For instant, within the ASEAN list of destinations, only HKT, SIN & DPS enjoy reductions under the enhanced Enrich programme. For instance, a return tkt on Basic "fare" required 35K, but from May, it will be 30K. For SIN, Basic return required 20K, but from May, it will be 15K.

- I would imagine that the 15%-less online redemption will be on top of any promotional discount in effect during any particular period.

- Btw, the WoR also offer 30%-less redemption discount for destinations in China on Y class.

- The latest WoR also made clear that MH9000 series tickets do earn miles, but I'm not sure if this is applicable on FY-operated flights. And this being MH where product knowledge amongst staff is generally very poor - I couldnt be bothered to contact Enrich to find out, as I know the immediate answer to any uncommon question would be a quick "No", or worst, 5 different answers when the uncommon question is posed to five different people on 5 different occasions.

- The online claim for missing mileage still cannot handle mileage earned on MH9000 flights - I hope this will be taken care of in the enhanced website, but again, knowing MH, always be prepared to be disappointed as it never pays attention to details.

- The WoR also made explicit that the new Chef-on-call is also available for Platinum members travelling in Business class. When the COC service was first launched, it was only advertised as available to First pax on most (not all) F routes.

Just to say and hoping, bring back enrich miles for domestic routes no matter you're flying on bussines or economy class. Currently no/nil enrich miles for economy class.

- Apart from the 50% redemption for one-way, the WoR states that there will be a new redemption chart so that redemptions will require less miles. The chart, however, is not printed within the WoR.

- I would imagine that the 15%-less online redemption will be on top of any promotional discount in effect during any particular period.

- The latest WoR also made clear that MH9000 series tickets do earn miles, but I'm not sure if this is applicable on FY-operated flights. And this being MH where product knowledge amongst staff is generally very poor - I couldnt be bothered to contact Enrich to find out, as I know the immediate answer to any uncommon question would be a quick "No", or worst, 5 different answers when the uncommon question is posed to five different people on 5 different occasions.

- The online claim for missing mileage still cannot handle mileage earned on MH9000 flights - I hope this will be taken care of in the enhanced website, but again, knowing MH, always be prepared to be disappointed as it never pays attention to details.

Regardless, I hope there won't be any destination that will require more miles to redeem than the current rates.

If the 15% discount on online redemption is also offered to the destinations which receive the 30% discount, I hope Enrich Online is capable of deducting the 45% discount without any mistakes. I do not want to be disillusioned - redeeming (say) KUL-LHR one way expecting to pay with only 16,500 miles [30,000 miles -(30% discount + 15% online discount)] but my account is debited with other amounts more than that. Somehow I have a feeling that this will happen and one needs to go to Enrich office in KL Sentral personally to get it sorted out.

Agree with you about the acute case of 'product knowledge amongst MH staff is generally very poor'. On all my visits to the office, I had to arm myself with a lot of exhibits - past WORs, email correspondence print outs, boarding pass stubs, printout of etickets, Temptation receipts etc so that I can shield any unwanted answers from the Enrich CSRs that usually will require one to submit this and that papers and/or to call their hotline. Sometimes it just felt so sad sitting in front of the kakak who works there and hearing her answers while you know that she is wrong and you yourself know so much more, like SOOOO much more than her, which is awfully unacceptable because she works there, not you.

Just to say and hoping, bring back enrich miles for domestic routes no matter you're flying on bussines or economy class. Currently no/nil enrich miles for economy class.

Wrong. For domestic flights, 0 Enrich miles for you if you are booked on fare class T/X/L, you know all the cheapos MH Low and MH Low Get-the-Deal fares. MH Basic fares earn 50%, MH Smart fares earn 100% and MH Flex fares earn 125%. All this for domestic routes on Economy class.

I hope that the enhanced Enrich website can handle online redemptions for companion tickets.

Wrong. For domestic flights, 0 Enrich miles for you if you are booked on fare class T/X/L, you know all the cheapos MH Low and MH Low Get-the-Deal fares. MH Basic fares earn 50%, MH Smart fares earn 100% and MH Flex fares earn 125%. All this for domestic routes on Economy class.

Speaking of earning FF Miles on MAS domestic flights, one can now accrue Delta Skymiles on MAS domestic flights too starting from the MH Basic fare classes i believe. Many deeply discounted international EY tickets are now eligible for Delta Skymiles accrual too.

By the way, any idea how to get a replacement card for MAS Enrich ?

Edited by Isaac

Yup, as I mean for those booked on fare class T/X/L MH Low and MH Low Get-the-Deal. Why not MH offer even 1-10% miles for this fares, at least enrich members can earn something and not just flying without nothing.

Was looking for the new enhancements mentioned earlier at the website, but currently only some cosmetic changes could be seen.

NewEnrich.jpg

I also tried doing some redemptions and here are my findings:

- The system automatically deducts 15% of the miles required for one particular redemption transaction. A one way KUL-LHR in Economy Class is offered for 25,500 Enrich miles (30,000 Enrich miles - 15% discount for online redemption).

- All one way redemption rates are now 50% of return redemption rates. A one way KUL-LHR in Economy Class is now 30,000 Enrich miles, instead of 42,000 Enrich miles previously.

- However, all the destinations which are given the 30% quarterly discount treatment is not eligible for the 15% online redemption discount. I tried KUL-SIN and was quoted 5,250 Enrich miles per way, which is (5,250/0.7 = 7,500 normal rates). Should the 15% discount for online redemption is given too, a one way KUL-SIN should be offerred for 4,125 miles only (7,500 x 0.55).

Hopefully the new WOR which broke the world record for being the earliest being published ever in the history of Malaysia Airlines could be made available online ASAP. Not all Enrich members can drop by at the KL Sentral office to pick up the print out copy.

Was looking for the new enhancements mentioned earlier at the website, but currently only some cosmetic changes could be seen.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o10/9MMAR/MalaysianWings/NewEnrich.jpg

I also tried doing some redemptions and here are my findings:

- The system automatically deducts 15% of the miles required for one particular redemption transaction. A one way KUL-LHR in Economy Class is offered for 25,500 Enrich miles (30,000 Enrich miles - 15% discount for online redemption).

- All one way redemption rates are now 50% of return redemption rates. A one way KUL-LHR in Economy Class is now 30,000 Enrich miles, instead of 42,000 Enrich miles previously.

- However, all the destinations which are given the 30% quarterly discount treatment is not eligible for the 15% online redemption discount. I tried KUL-SIN and was quoted 5,250 Enrich miles per way, which is (5,250/0.7 = 7,500 normal rates). Should the 15% discount for online redemption is given too, a one way KUL-SIN should be offerred for 4,125 miles only (7,500 x 0.55).

Hopefully the new WOR which broke the world record for being the earliest being published ever in the history of Malaysia Airlines could be made available online ASAP. Not all Enrich members can drop by at the KL Sentral office to pick up the print out copy.

Thanks for the update! I guess you still can't get companion tickets online then?

From Enrich's FAQ regarding companion award:

What is a Companion Award?

Companion Awards allow you to redeem fewer miles than normally required for a Business or First Class Award for your companion travelling on the same itinerary as you. Before requesting for a Companion Award, you must first purchase a Business or First Class revenue seat.

Can I redeem my Enrich miles for an Award for someone else?

Yes. As long as you have sufficient miles to redeem for an award you can request the Award to be in anyone’s name. Call or stop by any Malaysia Airlines ticket office to make the reservation.

Yes, still manual processing.

Given that what you showed is a revised Enrich website - and knowing how MH never pays attention to details - why is "Malaysia Airlines" still depicting in the now-old style? Should this now be in the new red and blue words as per the new livery?

From Enrich's FAQ regarding companion award:

Yes, still manual processing.

How annoying. It would've been absolutely wonderful to get a 15% discount on the companion tickets.

Given that what you showed is a revised Enrich website - and knowing how MH never pays attention to details - why is "Malaysia Airlines" still depicting in the now-old style? Should this now be in the new red and blue words as per the new livery?

I don't think they're changing the logo, only the typeface on the planes. It's the same for all their website etc.

I don't think they're changing the logo, only the typeface on the planes. It's the same for all their website etc.

I'm going along with Mushrif's line of thought, logo and typeface go hand in hand in any branding effort, where uniformity is prime and any deviation attract accusations of unprofessionalism :)

Using the Enrich Bible:

One way Economy to Business Upgrade

- 10,000 miles (Zone 1 - Domestic in Malaysia 0 - 500 miles)

- 15,000 miles (Zone 2 - International 0 - 500 miles)

- 15,000 miles (Zone 3 - 501 - 1,200 miles)

- 20,000 miles (Zone 4 - 1,201 - 2,400 miles)

- 25,000 miles (Zone 5 - 2,401 - 4,800 miles)

- 30,000 miles (Zone 6 - 4,801 - 7,200 miles)

- 40,000 miles (Zone 7 - 7,201 - 9,600 miles)

- 45,000 miles (Zone 8 - 9,601+ miles)

Say LAX-KUL one way, that'll be Zone 7, right?

So an upgrade would cost 40,000 miles? I just checked online, an award ticket is only 51,000.

Very small difference or am I missing something?

You are not missing anything. It is like that, I am not sure why the upgrade rates are not good at all.

KUL-LAX one way Economy Class redemption (with 15% discount for online redemption) is 34,000 miles.

KUL-LAX one way Business Class redemption (with 15% discount for online redemption) is 51,000 miles.

One way upgrade redemption Economy to Business KUL-LAX is 40,000 miles (no 15% online redemption because upgrade redemption could not be done online).

You are not missing anything. It is like that, I am not sure why the upgrade rates are not good at all.

KUL-LAX one way Economy Class redemption (with 15% discount for online redemption) is 34,000 miles.

KUL-LAX one way Business Class redemption (with 15% discount for online redemption) is 51,000 miles.

One way upgrade redemption Economy to Business KUL-LAX is 40,000 miles (no 15% online redemption because upgrade redemption could not be done online).

This is the case with all FF programmes, not just with MH. It is far better value to redeem a business class ticket outright rather than upgrade from an economy ticket.