Gavin Andrew David

Kuala Lumpur International Airport

Inaugural flight - EK A380

Inaugural flight - EK A380

but I do some mistake on date in video, suppose to be January 1, 2012

actually I'm not prepare for this. I'm waiting her at Rwy 32L but hmmm 32R

Yes ... we did.... no response from any of the proposals... <_<

Hi Diana... welcome to Malaysianwings

Yes.. it is safe to go to KLIA... but unfortunately it is not allowed to do spotting by the perimeter fence

or on the purposely-built "Observation Hill" which is now a prohibited place.

Aijorrr, why prohibit the place? else it could be another tourist attraction or at least some attractions for locals....

Aijorrr, why prohibit the place? else it could be another tourist attraction or at least some attractions for locals....

A belated welcome to Malaysian Wings, Diana! :)

Right now, nobody seems to care to explain why the place is prohibited other than saying that it is private property. The safest place for spotting is Anjung Tinjau at the main terminal building.

A belated welcome to Malaysian Wings, Diana! :)

Right now, nobody seems to care to explain why the place is prohibited other than saying that it is private property. The safest place for spotting is Anjung Tinjau at the main terminal building.

tHANK YOU! THANK YOU!

been to anjung tinjau, hmmmm, didnt get much of the feel.....

if u know what i am trying to say.... :D

been to anjung tinjau, hmmmm, didnt get much of the feel.....

if u know what i am trying to say.... :D

Yes, can't hear engines nor smell the kerosene! That's why taking flights at LCCT is a lot more interesting! :)

Unfortunately most of the good places that used to be OK for spotting are now out of bounds. :(

I've seen people park their cars just outside the perimeter fence next to the LCCT terminal during departure. Maybe can spot from there?

I've seen people park their cars just outside the perimeter fence next to the LCCT terminal during departure. Maybe can spot from there?

The fence is very high, and you'll attract attentions when using a very tall ladder.

and only AK's A320 from there... :pardon: , unless you've very powerful tele for

holding on A11 for 32R

Just too bad our Gov't won't allow peaceful spotting of aircrafts. :( Wonder what is the actual reason, security? Unlike Perth where they've built a spotting hill & in Vietnam they have a roof-top area next to the airport.

erm.. hello guys, im new here ..

may i ask .. is there any place at the end of the runway .. ? i wish to take a video of an MH aircraft coming overhead me and land ~ for my graduation video ..

thanks ..

erm.. hello guys, im new here ..

may i ask .. is there any place at the end of the runway .. ? i wish to take a video of an MH aircraft coming overhead me and land ~ for my graduation video ..

thanks ..

There're two possible places.... either 14L, near the pond... you've to be near the ERL overhead bridge for overhead shot

or

32R.... on the hill next to the exit road from LCCT....

14L is possible depending on which runway active.... 32R is very rare......

There're two possible places.... either 14L, near the pond... you've to be near the ERL overhead bridge for overhead shot

or

32R.... on the hill next to the exit road from LCCT....

14L is possible depending on which runway active.... 32R is very rare......

Sounds interesting. I have always wanted to know more places where we can take some nice shots other than 14L/32R Lakeside.

Norman, do you mind telling us how we could reach the "hill" that you said?

Besides, I hope someone can guide me to the "Ladang" as well :(

What is the ground frequency for Arrival and Departure for KLIA Can i use normal walkie talkie to tune to control tower frequency ? Planning to go KLIA for planes spot and photo shooting

B-16311, Hello Kitty Happy Music Time is now on apron of KUL, please rush for her departure if you just know about this. :)

Hi all,

As I am pretty new to malaysianwings, this is my first post.

I will be visiting KUL next week, and planning to do some spotting there. Do anyone has updates/places to do those. I've heard about the prohibited Observation hill, and the pusat kaji cuaca, can anyone give more updates? Things I would like to know about each spots are;

1. Should I have/use a car to access the place?

2. Is the place spotter-friendly?

3. What things (planes) interesting can be seen during daylight?

Thanks in advance,

Edric

Hi all,

As I am pretty new to malaysianwings, this is my first post.

I will be visiting KUL next week, and planning to do some spotting there. Do anyone has updates/places to do those. I've heard about the prohibited Observation hill, and the pusat kaji cuaca, can anyone give more updates? Things I would like to know about each spots are;

1. Should I have/use a car to access the place?

2. Is the place spotter-friendly?

3. What things (planes) interesting can be seen during daylight?

Thanks in advance,

Edric

Hi there... Yes the Observation Hill are prohibited to access for security reasons. Since KLIA area quite big, I suggest you to use car to go spotting. Pusat Kaji Cuaca I think no longer available for spotting because that place was the site for KLIA2. My friend got a spot near Runway 14L that suitable for spotting, but it was inside the palm trees site. You may go to Observation Deck to spotting aircraft. The interesting aircraft can be seen during daylight is EK346 (A380-800) that park at C27 ...It arrive at 3pm like that.. and of course Malaysia Airlines A380-800 usually park at C17. Good Luck for your spotting! Cheers! :drinks:

I was wondering what time of day do we have the highest chance of seeing the most number of MAS 744s as of now?

Go to Anjung Tinjau of MTB at any time of the day, look left and right. You can see a few MH B744 at the remote bay. The only thing missing is the oil container on top of the roof.

The last time I went past 12am, it was closed but previously it did not. My guess is the policy to close the area beyond 12am still applies now.

There are but bear in mind that these power points were put there so that the maids can vacuum and polish the floor. So they are not well maintained.

Hi,

I wonder anyone plan for KLIA plane spotting. I newly in this hobby and still learning how to snap good plane photo.

Do let me know if anyone plan for this event.

Thank you.

Regards,

Wilson