MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Rozhan

MAS B738 schedule is in!

I was clicking around MAS Online Schedule to plan my trip for LIMA in December when I noticed that flight MH 1456 on 10th December shall be on a 738. Time for some new safety cards smile.gif And what an economical way for those in the peninsular to try it out for a short haul trip.

I thought that MAS were going to use the 738's for regional destinations like China, India etc???

will the 738's be painted in MH colours, or kept in the mytravel livery?

Not so long ago, one can't even dream of flying on a B777 for domestic short haul trips, but now there are plenty of opportunities like the one plying KUL-KCH-KUL i.e. MH5, MH6, MH 2538 and MH2507 on selected days. Also MH79 and MH 80 plying BKI sector. And not forgetting MH7 from PEN-KUL and LGK-KUL on a B747!

I suppose the B738 will have some 'free time' to be deployed on KUL-LGK-KUL around December hence an opportunity to fly on it. I have checked for other domestic schedules for December and so far only LGK shall be served by the B738. However I understand that there may be some last minute changes. But wherever MAS deploys the B738, I will fly on it at least once for I must have one safety card for my collection, if not for anything else smile.gif

Also MH79 and MH 80 plying BKI sector.

9455[/snapback]

Oops..I mean MH 80 and MH 81. Got confused with MH 79 which I took from LGK to KUL (SZB), an A330-300 from Taipei to KUL via LGK. That was in 1998.

Slightly off topic, I just checked in the MAS website that MAS will be using a B772 for its KUL-ARN-EWR vv route from November this year.

Any ideas why ? Peak/Non-peak ?

smile.gif

Kandiah,

Guess, due to the "off-peak" Winterseason...

KLM does that too, i.e. YVR used to be MD11, now back to 763 wink.gif

Did a random search on their online flight schedule and found the following:

2 additional flights per week to KMG on a B738

All flights to XIY and CTU will be operated by the B738s

Any errors or additionals just post them on.

Wow blink.gif 738?! Gotta try it! Think I'll take a 734 from AOR to KUL then 738 to LGK then 744 to KUL for LIMA. LOL 'All-Boeing' combination. Must be a long time before 738 will be deployed to AOR. By the way the new terminal in AOR is nearing completion. There'll be a fast-food restaurant, a specialty store, a Halal food restaurant, and some other shops - duty free I think. Only two aerobridges... rolleyes.gif

You'll be surprised to note the difference in cabin-noise caused by the engines: the 738 iso so much more quiet than the 734 mellow.gif

Wow blink.gif 738?! Gotta try it! Think I'll take a 734 from AOR to KUL then 738 to LGK then 744 to KUL for LIMA. LOL 'All-Boeing' combination. Must be a long time before 738 will be deployed to AOR. By the way the new terminal in AOR is nearing completion. There'll be a fast-food restaurant, a specialty store, a Halal food restaurant, and some other shops - duty free I think. Only two aerobridges... rolleyes.gif

9705[/snapback]

How I envy you guys who are able to take flights just to try out different aircrafts !

BTW, why a duty free shop at AOR ? You get any international flights there ?

You'll be surprised to note the difference in cabin-noise caused by the engines: the 738 iso so much more quiet than the 734  mellow.gif

9733[/snapback]

Oh yes, that's true. I was walking along the tarmac at ADL yesterday and there were marked differences when a 734 and a 738 taxi.

Having been on both the 738 and 734 last week, the difference was indeed obvious.

The new timetable book should be out in a few weeks' time so it will be easier to see where the B738 shall be deployed to at a glance. I also found out that from January 2006, there will be 4 flights to LGK on the B738, MH 1430 at 0825 hours on Fridays, and MH 1456 at 2000 hours on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays. GREAT!

The new timetable book should be out in a few weeks' time so it will be easier to see where the B738 shall be deployed to at a glance. I also found out that from January 2006, there will be 4 flights to LGK on the B738, MH 1430 at 0825 hours on Fridays, and MH 1456 at 2000 hours on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays. GREAT!

9749[/snapback]

Does anybody has any idea as to when MH will start flying to Shenzhen? I am very curious to learn the flight time and hope to hop on one to fly home on my next trip.

Does anybody has any idea as to when MH will start flying to Shenzhen? 

9769[/snapback]

Early 2006, if i'm not mistaken. No exact date is given, yet.

Early 2006, if i'm not mistaken. No exact date is given, yet.

9872[/snapback]

Ohh......I heard they were going to start flying into SZX this coming December. Hopefully they will begin service before Chinese New Year next year.

Sign in to follow this