MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Isaac

Cabin Crew Recruitment Drive

Thanks Kenneth and Louis for the wishes. Appreciated. :)

I had to extend my stay at KL next week coz AK just called me this afternoon to attend an interview on 30th of July for Ground Crew position.

RM75 penalty for changing date from 28th to 31st July on KUL-LBU sector. At least it is still more cheaper than buying another return ticket.

Thought the SIA cabin crew interview was also scheduled in Kuching, Sarawak.

Breaking News: I failed... yet again. :p

Just came out from Shangri-La and currently at Sg. Wang. I got eliminated before the final preliminary interview. Either could be my scar or something else coz I read through the announcement card flawlessly.

Ohh well it's an experience alright. I have to score the Ground Crew interview no matter what. or else my trip is going to be a total waste.

Anyone else went to the interview today?

I am so sorry to hear about that Adrian. Cheer up, ok?

Why are you going for AK? Go for EK, EY and QR. These are where the moneys at. Leave Malaysia! The grass is always greener on the other side. If you can get 'hujan emas di negeri orang', why would you suck up to the 'hujan batu di negeri sendiri'?

This might help. http://www.excelmalaysia.com/

Haha thanks MAR, I'm ok actually no biggies.

AK is more laidback to get in compared to EK, EY and QR (and SQ) since they are looking for cookie cutters perfect Singapore Boy and Girl-ish robots. Flawless skin, good looking, nice baby powdered soft hands with no scar, great smile which I really at a disadvantage on these. So AK for me is the preliminary door to me to go in cabin crew field.

For me EK, EY and QR are those interview that you will need be at least passble in SQ interview before attempting them. Or else I don't think they would even laid their eyes on you.

Yeah EK, EY and QR is the place where the money is but I can't even get in AK, money is not really the top priority for me for now, just to get in to work as cabin crew is the one on top.

Edited by Adrian M

Thanks Sri Ramani for the info. Anyone has the newspaper clipping or the details?

Currently I have AirAsia Ground Crew card on my hand. Currently waiting for them to call me up and say "You're Hired" within this 2 weeks. I wonder where most AK ground crew stayed at since the earliest shift starts at 3.30am.

yes 2 working shifts. most of them stay around the airport area (not really around, the nearest is about 15kms). you can try kota warisan, salak tinggi, bandar baru salak tinggi, nilai, desa melati, desa palma.....that's one huge list!

Ouch 15KM?! That's quite far. Will try Nilai first since there is Nilai-LCCT bus avail.

I thought there is 3 working shifts? With the last one end at 2am.

Edited by Adrian M

read in thestar ADS today that MH is hiring. probably this is your best bet, Adrian?

Precisely, this is what i was informed by a friend of mine. I think MH staff turnover is so high that they can no longer freeze the cabin crew intake now. :rolleyes:

I think MH staff turnover is so high that they can no longer freeze the cabin crew intake now. :rolleyes:

Those who join for the glamor will find soon enough that it is a lot more hard work and a lot less glamor than expected. Plus all the cost cuttings is taking its toll.

How about those who wish to interview for pilot ?

What are the requirements ?

And what kind of situation would they met during interview ?

how many rounds they have to face and etc etc ?

Thanks . ^^

Thanks . ^^

Hi Jepen welcome to MW :) , MW rule requires you to use real name in the forum, you need to PM Gavin your real name or preferred call-able name (that is not a nick) to have it changed.

Regards to pilot position, kindly refer to the links below as this thread is for Cabin Crew position. :) And please do use the search function in General Aviation section to dig up past topics that have been discussed that regards to Pilot and Cadet Pilot position. And they are filled with a lot of infos. :)

http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3137

http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4121

http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4482

http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8357

Edited by Adrian M

Thanks . ^^

Probably someday the pilot will have to work like a robot as well.

Hi Adrian ,

thanks for your guide ya , :)

I was still blur with all the stuffs since this was the 1st time for me to join a forum .

May I know that what mean by PM , and who is Gavin ?

Thanks a lot . :)

Probably someday the pilot will have to work like a robot as well.

Why said so ?

Hi Adrian ,

thanks for your guide ya , :)

I was still blur with all the stuffs since this was the 1st time for me to join a forum .

May I know that what mean by PM , and who is Gavin ?

Thanks a lot . :)

Haha PM means Personal Message. Gavin Andrew David is our respectable forum admin and he did specifically stated we have to registered using real name at the Terms of Agreement prior to registering. Else, he would delete the account who failed to change their nick to real name.

20080120-hxh8bec45acmcqdeyqw3by5b8.jpg

So the thing you should do now is to visit Gavin's Profile 'here'.

Then at the left side of the screen just below his personal photo, click Send Message and compose a short message to him stating you want to change your account name from Jepen to your real name.

You can have your name in full or just like me with first name stated and my last name as initial only if you want enough privacy.

You also can use some other call-able name that close to your real name also.

(Eg: Your name is Thomas Cheng, you can put fully Thomas Cheng or Thomas C. or Tom C. or Tommy C. or some call-able name you prefer such as Terry C. as long as we are not calling someone Mr. Jepensen Chart or Jubilee777. :p )

Lastly I hope you enjoy this forum and learn a lot of things here, get to know people and be friends with them. There is a lot awesome people hanging around this forum and there is quite a number of them are working in aviation industry :)

Update: Cabin Crew position in MH can be applied through Jobstreet.com but must submit before 10th of August. Those who qualified will be informed through email to attend the interview and in the email will be also inform the interview venue, date and time, what things should bring along and what attire should interviewee wear.

Be sure to submit your application to Jobstreet.com with photo or else your application will not be entertained.

Good luck y'all.

Edited by Adrian M

, and who is Gavin ?

To keep it simple, Gavin is THE BOSS here.