MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Isaac

Cabin Crew Recruitment Drive

Local Flight Stewards/Stewardesses

We will soon be conducting a recruitment exercise in Singapore. If you meet the following standards, we will be pleased to receive your application.

Requirements

Singapore or Malaysian citizenship

Males who are at least 1.65m in height; females who are at least 1.58m

At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘O’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination, or a Diploma from a local polytechnic

Those who have completed, are exempted from, or are not liable for National Service (Those in the process of completing NS may also apply)

The willingness and commitment to serve a compulsory service bond

Preference will be given to candidates who are able to speak foreign

languages or are experienced in customer service.

Training & Bond

If you make it through our rigorous selection process, you will undergo about 4 months’ training and will be required to serve a service bond.

Remuneration & Service Benefits

Apart from the opportunity to experience various cultures and meet new people from around the world, upon completion of training, you can also look forward to salary and allowances of about S$3,500 a month, an annual wage supplement of one month’s basic salary and profit-sharing bonus. You will also be entitled to free travel to any SIA destination once a year and enjoy discounted travel at other times. There is an attractive annual leave scheme and comprehensive training programmes.

APPLICATION DETAILS

If you fit our requirements and are interested to apply, please download this application form, fill it up and email this along with a covering letter and a recent full-length photograph of yourself by 24 September 2005 to: cabincrew_recruit@singaporeair.com.sg.

Alternatively, you may wish to post the application to the following address:

HR Recruitment (Cabin Crew)

Singapore Airlines Ltd

C/O 03-A, SIA Training Centre

Airmail Transit Centre PO Box 501

Singapore 918101

Interviews will be conducted in Singapore on the weekend of 15 and 16 October 2005.

Only shortlisted applicants will be notified by email.

I finally know why so many Malaysians want to work with SQ. Everytime i see their ads to hire pilots/flight attendants, one of their requirements is always "MUST BE a Singaporean or Malaysian Citizen", so good to be a Malaysian, always can have a second chance if MAS doesn't want you biggrin.gif . The montly salary is about RM 7700 ohmy.gif MORE THAN EK & QR ohmy.gif

That's not surprising, considering how much higher those bastards are paying them over there...

In fact, my dad once applied for cadet pilot for SIA but unfortunately did't get that... sad.gif But ah well...maybe that's blessing in disguise...

Anyway...since they don't mention a word about eyesight...is wearing contact lenses/spectacles ok?

Anyway...since they don't mention a word about eyesight...is wearing contact lenses/spectacles ok?

9242[/snapback]

Not a problem now. In fact, i've seen a stewardess (KLM), a chief steward (MAS) wearing spectacles inside the cabin serving foods. Many western carriers cabin crews are wearing spectacles too.

Edited by Isaac

Isaac, that doesn't surprise me, considering the fact that both countries are VERY close in terms of relationship, despite a bit of argument in between every now and then. Hey, but, culturally, economically and historically, we share a lot of things together. We are much much more similar than, say our Indonesian or Thai counterparts biggrin.gif

Isaac what are you waiting for biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Edited by S V Choong

Pramugara yang terlampau.... wacko.gif The montly salary is about RM 7700 ohmy.gif better than engineer.

Its a brain-drain thing...nothing new to this phenomenon, which started in 1980s. Singapore, with its low birth rate, requires human resources to fuel its economy.

Same situation in Far East as well, China is actively "draining" IC/PCB/semiconductor design & test engineers (better trained) from Taiwan and Silicon Valley, and even as culturally diverse as India.

If Malaysia wants to compete internationally, its govt must do something more effective to keep its human resources that are being attracted by overseas prospects.

Pramugara yang terlampau.... wacko.gif The montly salary is about RM 7700  ohmy.gif better than engineer.

9268[/snapback]

Eh, but cannpt compare like this lah. SGD 3500 is almost equivalent to RM 3500 as well. SInce earning SGD means living and spending in SGD.

There are tons of Malaysians in Singapore and SQ and yes its very nice to be Malaysian. Can get 2nd chance. biggrin.gif

Isaac, that doesn't surprise me, considering the fact that both countries are VERY close in terms of relationship, despite a bit of argument in between every now and then.  Hey, but, culturally, economically and historically, we share a lot of things together.  We are much much more similar than, say our Indonesian or Thai counterparts biggrin.gif

9259[/snapback]

And Brunei too. Talking of Brunei, Royal Brunei Airlines (BI) got many East Malaysians working with them too but most of them left for SQ and some to KA just after 2 years and they say working with BI is sucks.

Isaac what are you waiting for biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

9259[/snapback]

Lol, working with SQ seems really great, high salary, 5-star hotel for night-stops, flying flying and flying. My answer is no, though mellow.gif

Eh, but cannpt compare like this lah. SGD 3500 is almost equivalent to RM 3500 as well. SInce earning SGD means living and spending in SGD.

Not really, if you know where to buy cheap things inside SIN, if you spend your salary in Orchard Road everyday, then i would say yes. Beside, you always can go to JHB to buy cheap foods smile.gif

Quoted from an email i received last night...

Emirates airline has plans to add 8,000 new cabin crew by 2011 for its rapidly expanding fleet of aircraft. The carrier is expanding its crew training facilities at the Emirates Training Centre in Dubai at a cost of $20m, to train an average 100 new recruitments a week from 2007. It is currently hiring 60 crew members a week.

60 crew members a week...wow! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Btw..FYI..official count of ex-MAS employees working in both Etihad and Emirates is 94..with 5 more accepted just last week...No wonder la flight's cancelled because of no crew...they're all here! laugh.gif

Quoted from an email i received last night...

60 crew members a week...wow! ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif

Btw..FYI..official count of ex-MAS employees working in both Etihad and Emirates is 94..with 5 more accepted just last week...No wonder la flight's cancelled because of no crew...they're all here! laugh.gif

25622[/snapback]

Gawd then I better learn Arab and French fast to get my advantages on it. Maybe we can go out spotting at Dubai one day hehe.

Edited by Adrian M

Would they hire me, being able to speak English, German, Dutch fluently and French and Spanish broken ??? laugh.gif laugh.gif

(Don't look at the age-requirements, though ohmy.gif )

www.emiratesgroupcareers.com

Apply apply apply! I need more milo and Gardenia Bread peddlers! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

www.emiratesgroupcareers.com

Apply apply apply! I need more milo and Gardenia Bread peddlers! biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

25651[/snapback]

Isn't milo can bring a whole box thru checked cargo? If I got the job, I'll bring a whole carton of it coz me too need milo in the morning, lunch, tea time, dinner, supper and right before sleep. ^^

I never heard MH flights cancel due to no crew... dry.gif

As far as MH..all flights go...its either on time or not...he he he he tongue.gif

one day i heard this...

MH staff to MH passenger..."sorry sir, your flight was not cancel...it was retimed!!"...so passenger ask..."when la retime..?"... dry.gif until further notice...he he he ha ha ha.. laugh.gif

I never heard MH flights cancel due to no crew... dry.gif

As far as MH..all flights go...its either on time or not...he he he he tongue.gif

one day i heard this...

MH staff to MH passenger..."sorry sir, your flight was not cancel...it was retimed!!"...so passenger ask..."when la retime..?"... dry.gif  until further notice...he he he ha ha ha.. laugh.gif

25814[/snapback]

Either way...as to be expected out of a recruitment drive of such gargantuan proportions...the quality of inflight services which has become synonomous with Emirates' brand name will suffer due to the "rush rush" training these cabin crew are given.

Sad...very sad... sad.gif

Guys, i have a question about the topic above

I was and will be on holiday and I'm thinking about looking for a job. Anything, full time or part time. My dad suggest me to go on and try for F/A job since i like to travel. He suggest me to go either with MH or EK.

Anyone has any advice about this and how do i go for it

thank you

Fulltime doesn't matter to me. I can go for it. shorter contract period the better, 3 years with EK is not bad.

Just check out the local newspaper will do (The Star Saturday Recruitment section) and check out the airline website in their recruitment section as well. SQ just close their application for flight steward about 2 months ago.

OK, will do that.

QR was recruiting Malaysian cabin crew by advertisement in the papers a few weeks back.. I would try there too.

From what I could recall, EK & QR only recruit 'female' cabin crew in Malaysia.

Negative...males have also been recruited. Although the ratio tends to lean towards your understanding :)