MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Isaac

Cabin Crew Recruitment Drive

nope..contract is 5 yrs with MH..(thats if they still take in contract FAs which i doubt they do anymore) and i think 3 yrs with EK

Yes, MH still sign a 5 years contract with newly hired cabin crew.

From what I could recall, EK & QR only recruit 'female' cabin crew in Malaysia.

Nope. They hire both males & females.

Just check from many airline, so far, EK is my first choice, the only problem is that my age is 1 year short :angry: . I'm still 20, EK requires 21. this is the only requirement that i need. still need another 6 months :angry: .

Edited by Azuddin

make sure you have good eyesight and don't have any visible scar as well. In SQ cabin crew application form they do ask all these. Beside the appearance, airline also tend to recruit those with the 'right attitute' based on the nature of the job.

make sure you have good eyesight and don't have any visible scar as well. In SQ cabin crew application form they do ask all these. Beside the appearance, airline also tend to recruit those with the 'right attitute' based on the nature of the job.

Excellent tips Seng, but eyesight? Stewardess need good eyesight, glasses will be alright?

How long it takes to train a new crew? Is it done so at the airlines home base country, that will be awesome! What's first assignment would be like? .......just wonder ;)

Edited by Seth K

Beside the appearance, airline also tend to recruit those with the 'right attitute' based on the nature of the job.

You mean polite and etc?

Yes, for example like to serve people, give customer the best service, friendly, able to stay cool with horrible passangers, can sustain working irregular working hours. Some times in their recruitment advertisement you might notice they might put there 'those with experience in hospitality industry is welcome to apply'. I guess you get the clue when they put the word 'hospitality'.

If you wear glasses chances of getting the job will be much slimmer as they have plenty of candidates to choose from. Anyway, can also go for lasik surgery and have perfect vision if you really desperate to become cabin crew.

If you get MAS first few year will fly in domestic sector lor. For other airline like SQ will start with regional sector first before slowly upgrade to long haul.

Edited by Seng Lim

Guys, for those of you interested, there will be a career talk and cabin crew recruitment at Sunway College. Below is the advertisement forwarded to me by a friend studying in Sunway College. I dont whether the talk is open to public or just to Sunway/Monash students. I will contact the organiser and keep you guys updated.

siaaa1.png

Date: 26th January 2007

Time: ?

updates

TIME : Friday, 26th Jan. 2007, 2.30pm

Venue : Lecture Theater 1, Sunway College

OPEN TO PUBLIC.

Edited by LWwong

Anyone in MW was there at the talk?

Went there, listened to the talk, went for the interview, failed hahaha.

Anyway I was told it's only for Sunway and Monash students only. But they able to make an exception.

I went to the talk but I didn't go for the interview. I expected to see more SIA ladies there but only 1 was present to give the talk. :p

Went for the talk....

went for the interview...passed...but said no thanks.

Hi guys ,

I am looking for jobs based on flying .I am 17 going to be 18 coming december.your help would be help full.Oh just completed my spm.

For more details pls contact me.

Regurds,

haansel

Submit your resume online to Airasia.com. I didn't hear MH have any intake for cabin crews and SQ just finish their Malaysian intake in May. I don't think MH will have any intake soon since a lot of people says cabin crew is oversupplied in MH too.

But since you've just finish spm, aim for airasia and MH & Subsidaries(coz they only require spm) first.

SQ - requires you to have at least STPM or a college diploma or university degree.

Etihad/Qatar/Emirates: You have to be at least 21 years old to even apply.

I'm aiming for cabin crew jobs too to get used to flying (and I love flying life too) before I make a transition into piloting.

Just to get more experience and advantages, should you didn't get it or past the intake date, work in hotel fields first especially 4 stars and above hotels in customer service related jobs such as front office staff(recommended coz of high stress challenge) and waiter. If not, ground crews for airasia would be a good choice too.

You should also go to cabin crew interviews frequently to try your luck or just to get experience of what they will ask and what they need. Even you are not even 21 yet, please go and try to see how Etihad/Qatar/Emirates/SQ conduct their interviews so that you won't get nervous and ready for questions they will throw at you and how they assesses applicants.

If you got in cabin crew in one shot, you should go and open a champagne. :p

Lastly, be humble, friendly, approachable, smiles and be yourself. :)

Edited by Adrian M

Just a word of advice, start off something else while waiting and trying..a pre-U course would be very useful in future. By the way, are you from Klang, haansel?

I would suggest the same ..do a pre-u course while waiting for opportunities to open up. It will come handy in the future..

Hello there Walter When is your D.O.B?

Well i have written an email to SQ regarding this about 2 weeks ago and there is no reply yet.I m hoping they will reply.Anyway, i also pland to go fro cabincrew and then go for piloting.I went to the website for AirAsia cabincrew and piloting. they are intaking age for a cabin crew is 20.i i got a nother 3 yers to go.Since my dad is an IFS, so i know about this cabin crew thing the service and all but 4 now i m underage:( Well if there is any intakes please please please do infrom me .And Thank you for your helpfull information.Anotherthing is for piloting,What are the 7 Subjects u neede to know after you are qualifide for piloting?

regards,

Haansel

To dear Sanjay Thaker,yup i am frm Klang How do u know this may i know? and thanks for the advice u guys

Keep in touch:)

Well Haansel, I dont know if your memory serves it well, but I am Sanjay, the guy from La Salle, 1 year senior to you..and my dad is also your dad's colleague if you can recall it..

Edited by Sanjay Thaker

Well Haansel, I dont know if your memory serves it well, but I am Sanjay, the guy from La Salle, 1 year senior to you..and my dad is also your dad's colleague if you can recall it..

Oh its u?How r u da? long time no chat?So how long have u been is this web? :drinks: :yahoo:

ps:master_haansel_boss@hotmail.com

SIA's cabin crew recruitment in Malaysia ended last Saturday. i managed to pass the first two rounds of interview and also the water confidence test. scheduled for the final interview next weekend. it's pretty simple if your english proficience is easy.

besides asking here, why don't you scout around www.singaporeair.com/careers frequently? everything you need to know is there..cheers!