MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Khalil Abd Halim

August's Going Places...

Oh great I wonder if I can get hold of a copy from local Malaysia Airlines office. Thanks for sharing!

Hope I can get Singapore Airline's magazine as well.

Damn.....I should have come back from KL one day later. Mag looks terrific. Thanks for sharing

Same here...i was on the last flight from KUL-BKI, too bad they havent changed to the August issue yet on that flight :angry:

nice mag, lots of info! Just wondering, does MH happily let u take the inflight magazine, before, like 2004, the crew always announce to pax to take home the inflight magazine, but since after, I never hear such announcement anymore.

nice mag, lots of info! Just wondering, does MH happily let u take the inflight magazine, before, like 2004, the crew always announce to pax to take home the inflight magazine, but since after, I never hear such announcement anymore.

Written on the cover "your personal copy" :)

Mine was fresh off the factory as i flew to JHB on 1st August 7.25 am flight :)

Can auction on eBay ah? Then maybe I can get a few copy for myself. :rolleyes:

I wonder if that is a knee-jerk reaction to SQ's SilverKris that did a special one (with lots of stuff on SQ, its history, MSA, Malayan Airways etc) last May (or was it the April issue) to commemerate its 60th (& MH, for that matter) anniversary?

I was disappointed that MH was quite muted in its 60th anniversary celebrations.

There does not seem to be any pictures of the Pierre Balmain-designed uniform that is now worn by the iconic SIngapore Girl. This uniform was designed and introduced in 1968 during MSA days, some 4-5 yrs before SQ was born and took that design with it (and the big jets too, the various key landing rights that MSA had, the infrastructure.......)

Anyone knows when SQ will be celebrating her 60th Anniversary? I might be doing AKL-SIN-HKG again during late August 07 and come back during early September 07. Is it possible for me to nail down their 60th celebration silverkris in-flight magazine during that time?

When I read Singapore Airlines' history, they have always mentioned that MSA was splitted into Singapore Airlines and Malaysian Airline System in 1972. However, a check on Malaysia airlines' side, they have never written "Singapore Airlines" on their part, but rather just saying that a new airline MAS was born. In this regard, I am not surprised that the Pierre Balmain designed uniform of MSA is not shown on MAS' magazine.

Edited by S V Choong

Nice stuffs. Will definately grab one on 31/8/07.

Anyone knows when SQ will be celebrating her 60th Anniversary? I might be doing AKL-SIN-HKG again during late August 07 and come back during early September 07. Is it possible for me to nail down their 60th celebration silverkris in-flight magazine during that time?

You should try to get their Aug magazine ... Singapore national day falls in August as well. There are so many historical stuffs about MAS printed on this month's issue is in conjuntion with the celebration of Malaysian national day at the end of this month.

When I read Singapore Airlines' history, they have always mentioned that MSA was splitted into Singapore Airlines and Malaysian Airline System in 1972. However, a check on Malaysia airlines' side, they have never written "Singapore Airlines" on their part, but rather just saying that a new airline MAS was born. In this regard, I am not surprised that the Pierre Balmain designed uniform of MSA is not shown on MAS' magazine.

Yes. I've noticed this too. Well, may be you can make a joke that SQ has moved on while MH hasn't ... And look at these two carriers now ... :lol: :lol: (okay, no offense). You even can offer this advise to your friends who's got depression).

Edited by Isaac

Anyone knows when SQ will be celebrating her 60th Anniversary? I might be doing AKL-SIN-HKG again during late August 07 and come back during early September 07. Is it possible for me to nail down their 60th celebration silverkris in-flight magazine during that time?When I read Singapore Airlines' history, they have always mentioned that MSA was splitted into Singapore Airlines and Malaysian Airline System in 1972. However, a check on Malaysia airlines' side, they have never written "Singapore Airlines" on their part, but rather just saying that a new airline MAS was born. In this regard, I am not surprised that the Pierre Balmain designed uniform of MSA is not shown on MAS' magazine.
SQ celebrated its 60th anniversary at the same time as MH - back in April this year. Remember - both SQ & MH were separated at birth. You missed the special edition SilverKris - it was the May 2007 issue that was filled with articles on SQ's history & lots of stuff on MSA, Malayan Airways etc. Also on the crew operating today's 77W, the history of the crew and on the inflight magazine itself (just like what MH did here in its AUgust Going Places magazine - which is why I said MH's move is a late knee jerk reaction....after seeing what SQ did.)And SQ gentlemanly did mention MAS in the Silver Kris May issue.Don't know why MAS had to wait for the August edition when its 60th anniversary is in April?[And August is celebrating 50th anniversary of Malaya's independence from the Brits - not the formation/birth of Malaysia as a country, or MH's own 60th anniversary]

Can auction on eBay ah? Then maybe I can get a few copy for myself. :rolleyes:

I'd gladly buy one for RM50, but for this special issue, make it 2 for RM100. Anyone? Or I might have to book a ticket to somewhere nearby to get them. Should I need to fly, I hope the cleaning staff won't forget putting them in the seat pockets this time!

Edited by Rozhan

SQ celebrated its 60th anniversary at the same time as MH - back in April this year. Remember - both SQ & MH were separated at birth. You missed the special edition SilverKris - it was the May 2007 issue that was filled with articles on SQ's history & lots of stuff on MSA, Malayan Airways etc. Also on the crew operating today's 77W, the history of the crew and on the inflight magazine itself (just like what MH did here in its AUgust Going Places magazine - which is why I said MH's move is a late knee jerk reaction....after seeing what SQ did.)And SQ gentlemanly did mention MAS in the Silver Kris May issue.Don't know why MAS had to wait for the August edition when its 60th anniversary is in April?[And August is celebrating 50th anniversary of Malaya's independence from the Brits - not the formation/birth of Malaysia as a country, or MH's own 60th anniversary]

Oh no..... missed the May 2007 issue :( And there is nothing special about the June 2007 issue of SilverKris :(

Hope I can see something special on SQ's August & September 2007 issue. My colleague had told me that Singapore's national day is 9th Aug??

You even can offer this advise to your friends who's got depression

Hmm... not sure who you are talking about here Isaac ;) I can't recall any!

Doubt there's anything special in SQ's SilverKris August issue, as S'pore will be celebrating its 42nd anniversary of independence. S'pore was expelled from teh Federation of M'sia on 9-Aug-65.

If you really want the May 07 issue, which is really good and full of very informative pieces on SQ, I suggest you write to them (SQ Customer Service, via the SQ website) and get a copy mailed to you ex-gratia.

Booked the cheapest flight on MH... to KUA to get this magazine. Must get mint ones next week.

Booked the cheapest flight on MH... to KUA to get this magazine. Must get mint ones next week.

add another MYR200, u might find ur self on MH777 to BKI with 200++ magazines available :pardon:

Managed to dropped by at MAS Auckland office and grabbed my Going Places August issue, although the staff there seems to be a bit reluctant at first.

SIA will mail me the May 07 issue of Silverkris for free too. Superb!

Managed to dropped by at MAS Auckland office and grabbed my Going Places August issue, although the staff there seems to be a bit reluctant at first.

SIA will mail me the May 07 issue of Silverkris for free too. Superb!

Congratulations. You'll like the May07 SilverKris issue...

Thanks for the suggestion Mushrif.

Flipping through the MAS going places Aug 07 issue, I really remember the golden suit and bow tie of the male F/As of the 70-80s, classic! :lol:

Edited by S V Choong

Got a mint copy today through a friend. Lovely. Flight to KUA cancelled and some money saved for a flight another day

Sign in to follow this