MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
charles

MH2529

malaysian Airbus MH 2529 departing Kg for KLIA today had to return to KIA. problem with Hydraulics.

Aircraft landed but not able to taxi . had to be towed to the bay.

MY GOD!!! :blink:

I saw an A330 in the skies this evening, she was quite low, flying directly above the Sarawak river...something unusual bcoz its not a usual flight path to fly directly above the river. I didnt know it had hyd problems!!!

How did the pilots maneuver????

IIRC...The A330 has quite a few backup hydraulic systems just in case one fails.

I saw an A330 in the skies this evening, she was quite low, flying directly above the Sarawak river...something unusual bcoz its not a usual flight path to fly directly above the river. I didnt know it had hyd problems!!!

Is that a standard procedure to fly above the river under such circumtances?

Anyway, bravo to the pilots landed the aircraft safely! :drinks:

More info? Photos? Jerry, maybe you could describe more of what you saw and heard?

Sorry guys, no photos. I didnt bring along my camera that time. I was juz walking along Kuching Waterfront when I saw a MAS A330 flying low - below the clouds. It didn't look like it has a problem to me, it was juz flying normally. No funny sound or sight. Juz normal. Except for it being low and flying somewhere not usually flown. Irregular flightpath.

It flew (from where I was) from south west heading north east towards petra jaya, crossing the sarawak river, then bank north. I thought it was flying to Hong Kong or something...

k2.jpg

k3.jpg

Is that a standard procedure to fly above the river under such circumstances?

No la, how come....the river was there, the problem occurred, so it was coincident...

Saw the A330-300 in KCH this morning. Think it was too early for an Airbus flight to KCH, but was told by a ground staff that it was AOG from the previous day.

Hydraulic problem on MH A330? Nothing new.

Ohhh now i get to understand why its landing gear doors are fully extended open when my flight taxi pass it last nite, to me ,i thought well, biasalah A330 grounded in kch, the last time one got stranded was like weeks ago, didnt know its hydraulics though, but having seen the gear doors and jerry's sighting.. now i get it, but again it flew home before 5pm today...left after the heavy rain.. :pardon:

Iggy, i thought u are about to say "Jerry wallaped the hyd pump!" :D

Did You???? :rofl:

Last Monday I saw Fedex's MD-11 departing PEN's rwy4 with none of its landing gears retracted. dunno when it retracts (or never?) because already out of my eye's limit to zoom at the gears (haha!). it was heading south. SIN probably..

Few days back, saw MH 734 climbing rwy4 slower than usual, with unretracted gears as well! heading north...

Why? gears too hot to reatract??...

Few days back, saw MH 734 climbing rwy4 slower than usual, with unretracted gears as well! heading north...

Possibilities:

1. Gear too hot to retract.

2. Line training. Pilot incap.

No news about any system failure.

this reminds me the following day after Charles post I saw another Airbus I think its a A332 of MH flying low over the city area. Similar to what Jerry is saying. I was around HSBC bank area. Saw it pass through that area towards the airport and the landing gears are not retracted . flaps down and flying quite low.

Jerry, on your Google plight path, you've just drawn the approximate escape route procedure for KCH.

Jerry, on your Google plight path, you've just drawn the approximate escape route procedure for KCH.

What's a escape path?

What's a escape path?

Certain airports has high climb gradient requirement due to terrain. It is possible to achieve the gradient required on two engine. However if 1 engine fails, this high gradient requirement might be impossible to achieve. So they have special escape route procedure that will require u to deviate from normal SID.

Edited by Khaled

and the escape route for KCH is:

"At 2 DME VKG turn right heading 030, intercept radial 350 VKG. Maintain on the radial until MSA of 4200 ft".

Sign in to follow this