MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
BC Tam

KE to PEN & BKI

Understand that KE will be withdrawing ICN/PEN/ICN soon - any confirmation on this ? Search on their online schedule shows no flights beyond May

At the same time, also no KE flights shown for ICN/BKI/ICN beyond Oct 2007. Sign of things to come ? :(

Understand that KE will be withdrawing ICN/PEN/ICN soon - any confirmation on this ? Search on their online schedule shows no flights beyond May

At the same time, also no KE flights shown for ICN/BKI/ICN beyond Oct 2007. Sign of things to come ? :(

Probably the travel agents haven't renewed the contract after Oct 07 for the ICN/BKI flight yet. By the way, rumor that OZ will increase its flight to 1x daily soon.

Maybe they are stopping the service. Since Asiana is serving BKI and not forgetting MH to so heavy competition.

Kenneth, frankly speaking, even KE increase their flight to 1x daily, i also don think that will 'benefit' we, spotter. :( unless there change to morning or afternoon flight like Royal Brunei and Dragon Air, or having engine failure or other incident.

Good news guys. KE will still be serving BKI at least until next year. Still 4x weekly flights operated by AB6 :p

Really? no more KE pax to PEN.. PEn will only have KE's cargo to gazed upon then... sad...

I'm not sure about this, but some how I hear that KE is doing a so call season chater flight which when they experience high season then they may opt for flight and during low season they may opt for not flying to BKI.

Is there anything such as season chater flight?

OT a bit: did JL do ex-BKI... before?

No, as far as I am aware and within my living memory - not even a diversion I believe !!

However, ANA has a codeshare on the Japan-BKI runs I believe (as if that counts for anything for us spotters !)

Edited by BC Tam

Perhaps JAL could codeshare with Dragonair on the HKG-KUL run now that both of them are One World members!

Edited by S V Choong

I'm not sure about this, but some how I hear that KE is doing a so call season chater flight which when they experience high season then they may opt for flight and during low season they may opt for not flying to BKI.

Is there anything such as season chater flight?

I know there are seasonal schedule flights, so i guess there are seasonal charter flights as well. Seasonal schedule flights are very popular with Western Carriers (especially US carriers). However, the KE charter flights into BKI are not seasonal. It is scheduled charter flight. KE recently has been actively marketing their KUL and BKI flights (saw it three times in Star newspaper this week). But PEN is no where insight. I believe PEN has been suspended.

No sign of KE plan to cease its operation to BKI...what i understand is they are now using B737NG for ICN-BKI-ICN :rolleyes:

The last time KE operated their 738 into BKI was 5 days ago. Yesterday KE brought in an 333. Starting next week all 4x weekly flights will be operated by AB6.