MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Chan CS

MAS chided for ‘down-grading’

No I heard from Idris larger casseroles are coming.

Now , i seriously wonder are you IJ left/right hand?

People will continue to fly with MAS no matter what I guess.

Haha, look at the recent election results i guess "no matter" doesn't apply around here anymore.

SQ increased flights frequency to ZRH

while MH stopped flying there

AK increased flights to SUB to 4x a day

while MH reduced flights to 4x a week

SQ increased capacity to MEL by flying 2 744 and 1 77W per day (up from 1 772, 1 773, and 1 744)

while MH reduced flights to 2 772 (down from 1 744 and 1 772)

SQ has 2x daily flights to BNE

while MH struggles to fill in their once a day flight to BNE and now has to re-route their SYD flight to pick up passengers from BNE

SQ refitted their A345 with all business class seats for the EWR route (and LAX...)

EK will put their first A380 for JFK route as demand has apparently been high

while MH still struggling to find profit in their thrice weekly flight to EWR

Don't underestimate the market.. People can and will change their flying habits once they find out that grass is sometimes greener on the other side.

Guest Michael

The points are taken but we have to give MAS time to improve remember it is not quick like SIA.

Now, you have point out MH's weakness. World is changing rapidly, business survival depends on how fast you can adapt to the business environment. The world doesn't wait for MH to change. A lot can happen in one day, stock market can crash, an earthquake can happen in just seconds... Tak apa lah principle is not valid here, as MH is a company that depends on the global customers and markets. Unless MH is a domestic only airline, it has to be able to adapt quickly to the competitors challenges and customers demand.

For how long are we going to wait for MH to change?

and for one, I'm curious how regular are you flying MH and/or its competitors?

The points are taken but we have to give MAS time to improve remember it is not quick like SIA

Remember, it's widely believed the (now extinct) do-do bird wasn't particularly quick either :)

Anyway, wasn't there some 60th birthday celebrations quite recently ? Six decades is plenty of time, really !

Guest Michael

I fly once every 4 or 5 months with MH people, I really enjoy it.

Mate.. seriously... just take a step back for a moment and see the bigger picture. Please.

Mike you're pure MH maniac. :drinks:

Agreed...

I rest my case....

We will never bring MH to the world stage again with that kind of attitude (especially if he work for MH or IJ)

Michael, really, who are you?

2 years on, all that's changed is the post count. :rolleyes:

That's one of the most absurd statements I've ever read! :pardon:

(And I'd have said the same thing regardless of the carrier mentioned...)

Edited by Keith T

2 years on, all that's changed is the post count. :rolleyes:

That's one of the most absurd statements I've ever read! :pardon:

(And I'd have said the same thing regardless of the carrier mentioned...)

Keith, MH believes that Malaysian will always fly MH because.....

It is assumed that

1. Malaysians are loyal and patriotic to the National carrier and will not switch.

2. Goverment travel will always be on MH

3. Malaysian private organisations only fly the national carrier.

4. For halal food, Malaysian muslims would fly MH

That is typical thinking of many GLC's forgetting that Malaysians are more savy and now have a choice. The elections is a perfect example that Malaysian can and will change their loyalty if they feel unhappy.

Keith, MH believes that Malaysian will always fly MH because.....

It is assumed that

1. Malaysians are loyal and patriotic to the National carrier and will not switch.

2. Goverment travel will always be on MH

3. Malaysian private organisations only fly the national carrier.

4. For halal food, Malaysian muslims would fly MH

I think they are right on point 2 - for long haul travel anyway. I think most government travel in the world takes place on the flag carriers, either due to loyalty or because they are heavily subsidised. Then again there's Air Asia now.

For my work's flights to CBR we have a 'best available' policy but due to the far more flexible conditions of QF fares it often makes sense that most people fly QF anyway as meetings always drag on and schedules are ever changing. And the QF schedules are better than TT. But had either DJ or TT offered the exact same conditions and schedules as QF but at a lower price then no way would the corporate travel people authorise flights on QF.

Point 3 - do they throw out huge corporate discounts to Malaysian companies?

That is typical thinking of many GLC's forgetting that Malaysians are more savy and now have a choice. The elections is a perfect example that Malaysian can and will change their loyalty if they feel unhappy.

Choice is great indeed. :)

Edited by Keith T

I think they are right on point 2 - for long haul travel anyway. I think most government travel in the world takes place on the flag carriers, either due to loyalty or because they are heavily subsidised. Then again there's Air Asia now.

For my work's flights to CBR we have a 'best available' policy but due to the far more flexible conditions of QF fares it often makes sense that most people fly QF anyway as meetings always drag on and schedules are ever changing. And the QF schedules are better than TT. But had either DJ or TT offered the exact same conditions and schedules as QF but at a lower price then no way would the corporate travel people authorise flights on QF.

Point 3 - do they throw out huge corporate discounts to Malaysian companies?

Choice is great indeed. :)

answer to your point no.3 - the one and only reason why the corporate people is taking MH is because of its reliability.

The points are taken but we have to give MAS time to improve remember it is not quick like SIA.

They have been given time since 1972. Remember, time is money. The more time they take, the more they bleed. And since when was SIA "quick"?

Michael, I suggest you think before posting because you are starting to make yourself look very bad. You posts are all seriously lacking in depth. I enjoy my flights with MH too but this will not help the airline "get it right". There is a lot more to it.

Michael, really, who are you?

Fleet presentation employee who works at Perth Airport contracted to Malaysia Airlines. He has been on the job for 13-14 months. BUT this is the internet and he could be Osama Bin Laden, for all we know.

What does a "fleet presentation employee" do ?

Serious, I have no idea :)

I guess this "person" makes sure that the aircraft is good enough to be presented to the passengers that will come on board. Arrange pillows, align seatbelt, make sure barf bags are placed in the proper positions etc...

But whatever it is... This "Michael" character, I seriously doubt he is in the industry like he said he is because he answers like a fluke. His "insights" via his answers are amateurish at best and lacks serious depth. A lot of idealistic notions (or lack of it)about how the airline industry is if you talk to him after a while, you will mati teruk-teruk because he will definitely drive you up the wall with his answers.

I think it is best we just biarkan dia.

But whatever it is... This "Michael" character, I seriously doubt he is in the industry like he said he is because he answers like a fluke. His "insights" via his answers are amateurish at best and lacks serious depth. A lot of idealistic notions (or lack of it)about how the airline industry is if you talk to him after a while, you will mati teruk-teruk because he will definitely drive you up the wall with his answers.

I think it is best we just biarkan dia.

Quite seriously, when I first talked to Michael, I thought he was a 8-9 yr old kid who was crazy about aviation like I was when I was a young boy... until he told me his age (in Singapore he would be legally able to drink or buy a pack of cigarettes)... that was when he lost all credibility...

Michael, if you don't people to start bashing you, please come up with something more 'intelligent' in your next post...it's getting quite irritating those baseless 1-liners, when everyone else tries to give constructive comments/insights/analysis.

Thanks.

Sign in to follow this