MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Eugene Koh

3 New Airlines To Serve KLIA

Out of topic:

I read in The Star today that EK was increasing their flights into KUL and was hvaing direct flights instead of flying via DAC or onward to CGK. However, whats more exciting to hear is what I read on this thread below :

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/gener...d.main/2393767/

tongue.gif  biggrin.gif  tongue.gif  biggrin.gif  tongue.gif

11315[/snapback]

hmmmm.......DXB-KUL-ADL huh......very interesting indeed!!!

even more exciting news......unless i was hallucinating, I remember reading off somewhere that KUL is one of the destinations that EK intends to deploy its A380s to!!! (but then again, with their 43 A380s, I suppose they'll use them everywhere biggrin.gif )

Edited by Jamie H

hmmmm.......DXB-KUL-ADL huh......very interesting indeed!!!

even more exciting news......unless i was hallucinating, I remember reading off somewhere that KUL is one of the destinations that EK intends to deploy its A380s to!!!  (but then again, with their 43 A380s, I suppose they'll use them everywhere  biggrin.gif )

11355[/snapback]

You read it here on MW jamie! biggrin.gif

EK flying DXB-KUL-ADL heh ? Would be good for me, more choice and hopefully would be able to book flights easier.

However, I'd keep my fingers crossed until something more concrete comes up.

Sing Yew,

I thought about you when I read this article; since you are in ADL !!!!!!

EK using A380 to KUL ? YEs it was from the Routes 2005 press release.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Edited by kandiah k

EK want make money ahh?

EK better off to fly DXB-KUL-PER than ADL imo.

They wanted to start second daily service into PER this month, but alas, they have constraints with their present fleet. I suggest an A332 service between KUL and PER would be great and kill 2 birds with one stone smile.gif

Liam, What you thinking about this?

DXB-KUL-PER ?

Healthy competition is good, but if EK is going to be a threat to MH ?

I think JQ, QF or AO should consider starting KUL from one of their OZ cities !!!!

laugh.gif huh.gif

DXB-KUL-PER ?

11497[/snapback]

Malaysia Airlines

- MH is a far better airline (in terms of service), superb crew

- Better pitch in EY 34" (unless you are flying on MH 332 dry.gif )

Emirates

- EK's catering is much better than MAS

- At EK, their 777 are the only aircraft type have better legroom (33" - 34", same as MAS') but with B737/B757 Economy Class seat width (17") which i think is fine

Anyway, unless EK air fare is cheaper (not just RM100 but more), i might consider fly with them. Otherwise MH gets my business cool.gif

DXB-KUL-PER ?

I think JQ, QF or AO should consider starting KUL from one of their OZ cities !!!!

laugh.gif  huh.gif

11497[/snapback]

AO and JQ are of the "low cost nature".. they'd be a bigger threat to MH should they EVER fly to KL from OZ.. Full-frills airlines is what we want to see more of in Malaysia for now smile.gif

EK want make money ahh?

EK better off to fly DXB-KUL-PER than ADL imo.

They wanted to start second daily service into PER this month, but alas, they have constraints with their present fleet.  I suggest an A332 service between KUL and PER would be great and kill 2 birds with one stone smile.gif

Liam, What you thinking about this?

11413[/snapback]

I want a direct flight from PEN to PER. Maybe an EK DBX-PEN-PER on their A332. P

Imran, pergilah pujuk your father's boss to fly to PEN!

Guest Fendy
- EK's catering is much better than MAS

this is subjective. i dont think so.

- At EK, their 777 are the only aircraft type have better legroom (33" - 34", same as MAS') but with B737/B757 Economy Class seat width (17") which i think is fine

yes, remember, EK squeeze in an extra row in their 777s. 3-4-3 (10) as compare to MH 2-5-2 (9)

bettter catering????? errrrr....i wouldnt really say so,...

11568[/snapback]

Yeah, better catering. As many people said ... biggrin.gif Foods prepared by LSG Skychef KLIA are just wink.gif

Anyway, if EK really fly between KUL and PER one day, i guess the quality will be pretty much the same, as the foods will come from LSG Skychef KLIA. EK however has a larger food portion in EY compared to MH.

Check this out :

Emirates Economy Catering

Guest Fendy
Anyway, if EK really fly between KUL and PER one day, i guess the quality will be pretty much the same, as the foods will come from LSG Skychef KLIA. EK however has a larger food portion in EY compared to MH.

11577[/snapback]

larger food portions does not equal quality.

both serve good and bad meals, however i find that on MH to be overall better.

..... i guess the quality will be pretty much the same, as the foods will come from LSG Skychef KLIA .....

Isaac,

You should really compare vs some of the stuff we get served flying out from BKI here (presumably catered by the local flight kitchen here) - comments ? rolleyes.gif

BTW, can anyone shed light as to whether an airline would carry meals from port of origin, despite there being a flight kitchen at destination ; eg would KA carry catering needs for BKI-HKG sector from their caterers in HKG (possibly to maintain quality ?)

i've travelled on MH, SQ, JL, TG, BM, BA, QF, MS, SV, 9P, KL,and IB .....and MH has by far the best service and catering compared to these airlines.

okay...emirates is not on the list....but looking at reviews and comments by other people.....MH wins hands down.

and fendy is right....bigger food portions do not equate with quality, and taste is subjective.

Isaac,

You should really compare vs some of the stuff we get served flying out from BKI here (presumably catered by the local flight kitchen here) - comments ?  rolleyes.gif

11603[/snapback]

Foods exBKI are provided by Gardenia, which is under the same company as Tong Hing Supermarket owned by the founder of Jesselton middle School - Datuk Wong Tze Fatt who was killed early this year in his banglo (if i'm not mistaken). I found the foods exBKI to be better and i'm not the only one who say so smile.gif I remember reading in other threads that people said foods provided by LSG Skychef KLIA aren't as good as it used to be (MAS Catering era) and they also found foods from other local airports to be better.

larger food portions does not equal quality.

both serve good and bad meals, however i find that on MH to be overall better.

I do agree that larger food portions do not equal quality but if the quality of the foods are the same (MH/EK KUL/PER by LSG Skychef), means EK win here smile.gif But then people will compare the air fares before they decide which carrier to take (i'm one of them biggrin.gif but as i said if EK is only cheaper for about RM100 then i'll be likely to stick with MH or i'll go to check on the SQ air fare like many other Malaysians do laugh.gif )

Anyhow, i can't really comment on EK catering as i've flown with them only once. I said in my earlier post that EK has better catering is based on the passengers comments from various websites smile.gif

Edited by Isaac

If we're talking purely Y class food here, FORGET MH and EK! In my past decade of commuting between UK and Msia, transatlantic and intra-Europe, LAUDA AIR's da bomb!!!!

Even streets ahead of any of the current 5 star carriers!

Edited by Jamie H

If we're talking purely Y class food here, FORGET MH and EK! In my past decade of commuting between UK and Msia, transatlantic and intra-Europe, LAUDA AIR's da bomb!!!! 

Even streets ahead of any of the current 5 star carriers!

11631[/snapback]

Oh yes, would have to agree with you on that. Just love their bakery and beverage selections. Their catering was provided by Do & Co, not too sure if OS still use them though.

Oh yes, would have to agree with you on that. Just love their bakery and beverage selections. Their catering was provided by Do & Co, not too sure if OS still use them though.

11635[/snapback]

They're really good arent they?? Dont u just love those triangular shaped plates and those multiple choice buns/rolls!! Im even brave enough to say that the Y class food was even better than MH's C class, but bearing in mind, I have yet to savour MH's catering after 'PROJECT RELISH'.........we shall see!!

They're really good arent they?? Dont u just love those triangular shaped plates and those multiple choice buns/rolls!! Im even brave enough to say that the Y class food was even better than MH's C class, but bearing in mind, I have yet to savour MH's catering after 'PROJECT RELISH'.........we shall see!!

11638[/snapback]

Yup, the triangular shaped plate are very good looking and they're Chinaware as opposed to what MH uses for Y class. The bakery selections are just fantastic, never have I flown on any airline that offers up to 6 different types of bakery items during meal times on Y class, and the best thing is that they're served warm and fresh as the final baking process in done onboard the aircraft where they have installed ovens. They also offer a wide range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages onboard. More juice varieties (as far as I can recall, Orange, Apple and Pink Guava) on Y as compared to MH which is just OJ and nothing else.

Hey,

I just thought this article would be interesting for KLIA's growth and the much talked about issue of loads being pretty low for KUL; wait till you read this article.....

http://www.business-standard.com/smartinve...ndx=6&lselect=0

Flying abroad

Jet is now looking to grow its business overseas and currently operates six flights on global routes - a second flight to London will start soon. According to Datta, the loads on the London and Kuala Lumpur routes have been above 70 per cent while for Singapore they have been lower at around 60 per cent

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Jet is now looking to grow its business overseas and currently operates six flights on global routes - a second flight to London will start soon. According to Datta, the loads on the London and Kuala Lumpur routes have been above 70 per cent while for Singapore they have been lower at around 60 per cent

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

HAHA! KUL 1 SIN 0!! biggrin.gif

Sign in to follow this