MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Keno Omar

Air Asia 40 Potential Longhaul Destinations

Of course, this is not the official list, just a teaser for what you may expect from Air Asia Long Haul (formerly known as Air Asia X). I'm surprised that they don't list down Manchester as a possibility :blink:

Source:

http://www.airasia.com/site/en/page.jsp?reference=aax

Europe

1. London Stansted

2. Berlin

3. Paris

4. Prague

5. Moscow

West Asia

6. Sharjah

7. Jeddah

8. Madinah

9. Cairo

10. Karachi

11. Lahore

12. Islamabad

13. Amritsar

14. Delhi

15. Mumbai

16. Hyderabad

17. Bangalore

18. Goa

East Asia

19. Tianjin

20. Hangzhou

21. Ningbo

22. Shenyang

23. Kunming

24. Chengdu

25. Chongqing

26. Xian

27. Taipei

28. Tokyo

29. Osaka

30. Fukuoka

31. Sapporo

32. Seoul

33. Cheongju

34. Pusan

Australia

35. Perth

36. Melbourne

37. Sydney

38. Brisbane

SE Asia (well, it's in the map!)

39. Manila Clark

40. Kuala Lumpur

Source:

http://www.airasia.com/site/en/page.jsp?reference=aax

Europe

1. London Stansted

2. Berlin

3. Paris

4. Prague

5. Moscow

Berlin Schoenefeld !

Paris Vatry ?

Moscow Domodedovo ?

Hopefully they would fly AMS, or IAH one day

Hopefully they would fly AMS, or IAH one day

AMS is slot-restricted and both MH and KL wouldn't be too happy with them...but, since Malaysia and the Netherlands have an open-skies agreement, I guess, nothing can stop them :pardon:

What AKX will do is, one destination one country..............

London is perhaps the only destination in Europe, stop at Sharjah, pick up some pax.

Saudi Arabian routes will likely be seasonal.

Delhi will work well, counting the number of Indian workers/tourist in SEA :drinks:

Tokyo and Seoul definitely on the radar, simply bcuz tourism/biz.

Most route probably to China cities.

Melbourne and Sydney for Australia, they confirmed that already.

Why Clark on radar, perhaps they wanna fly to US/SA via Manila?

AMS is slot-restricted and both MH and KL wouldn't be too happy with them...but, since Malaysia and the Netherlands have an open-skies agreement, I guess, nothing can stop them :pardon:

AMS and IAH will not be materialized unless if AKX globalize their product. IAH is business route and AMS is too near to LON, train for connecting pax is just perfect!

2 cents :pardon:

Edited by Seth K

Good luck for squeezing into Tokyo Haneda and Narita, I don't think I will see this happen, unless they go to Tokyo's Yokozuka air base. Osaka Itami is a possibility, but they might as well use Kobe's new airport ;)

..... I don't think I will see this happen, unless they go to Tokyo's Yokozuka air base .....

I on the other hand see this as an even more remote possibility !! :)

Geesh, I suppose anything "low cost" in or associated with Japan would end up "expensive" in this part of the world anyway. However, good to see someone giving it a go - nothing ventured nothing gained, as they say !

Saudi Arabian routes will likely be seasonal.

Hajj pilgrims head for Saudi Arabia for 2-3 months of the year but don't overlook the HUGE business of Umrah (lesser-hajj) which can be done outside the Hajj months. Hotel rates during Ramadan alone could easily match those during the actual Hajj season. AKX could form a partnership with Hajj/Umrah travel operators (or create themselves) which could considerably bring down the cost of Umrah (an agency/operator is necessary as it's very hard for individuals to get a Hajj/Umrah visa).

AK has already revolutionalized air travel in Malaysia. I would be great if they could do Now Everybody* Can Go To Makkah.

*well, for Muslims anyway ^_^

Good luck for squeezing into Tokyo Haneda and Narita, I don't think I will see this happen, unless they go to Tokyo's Yokozuka air base. Osaka Itami is a possibility, but they might as well use Kobe's new airport ;)

Good luck trying to sell MYR0 fares with Japanese airport taxes!!

Edited by Keith T

Good luck trying to sell MYR0 fares with Japanese airport taxes!!

MYR0.99 fares and taxes are two separate fees, the airport tax will add later during your purchase, as u know, it always like that.........

Hajj pilgrims head for Saudi Arabia for 2-3 months of the year but don't overlook the HUGE business of Umrah (lesser-hajj) which can be done outside the Hajj months. Hotel rates during Ramadan alone could easily match those during the actual Hajj season. AKX could form a partnership with Hajj/Umrah travel operators (or create themselves) which could considerably bring down the cost of Umrah (an agency/operator is necessary as it's very hard for individuals to get a Hajj/Umrah visa).

Thanx for the info, looks like Ramadan/Hajj months won't let AKX down, also during the summertime, but I think Saudis would stick to MH or SV, and of course the AK crew can't wear the cute red skirts on these routes :pardon:

Edited by Seth K

Of another AK subject (MRO), the following has been reported:

AirAsia will transfer its MRO from Singapore to the new Sepang Aircraft Engineering, which plans to launch in Malaysia in October, CEO Tony Fernandes told reporters in Kuala Lumpur. The airline expects to save 15%-20% off its maintenance bill. SAE CEO Budriz Putra said the new MRO company, which has a two-hangar facility, hopes to lure other regional low-fare carriers, including ones from India, the Bernama national news agency reported.

SAE hangar is being build next to the MAS A380 hangar, also under construction.

About hangar, picked up this gem from another forum.

Folks, may I make a small point about something, as I see it so often on these forums. I make it in a spirit of helpfulness, not criticism, so please don't fly off the handle.

The building you service or store an aircraft in is a HANGAR. The item you hang your jacket or shirt on, in the cupboard, is a HANGER.

This is an aviation-related website so let us try and use the correct terminology.

What I still can't understand... why Berlin? since Duesseldorf have bigger catchment area..

Think, they're also aiming for the Polish- and Czech traffic !? :huh:

Also....

if they do decide to fly to Dusseldorf ex-SHJ...EK might have something to say about that.... :mellow:

AirAsia's profit, revenue surge in fiscal third quarter

Thursday May 24, 2007

AirAsia's high pace of growth and strong profitability continued in its fiscal third quarter ended March 31 with a net profit of MRY86.9 million ($25.6 million), more than five times the MRY14.1 million earned in the year-ago quarter, on a 53% surge in revenue to MRY396.2 million.

Operating profit more than doubled to MRY119.2 million from MRY50.1 million. "We continue to enjoy buoyant demand for our products," CEO Tony Fernandes said. "We successfully managed rapid capacity addition and delivered consistent earnings growth." The Malaysian carrier added four routes in the quarter, bringing its network to 75 destinations, 19 more than on Sept. 30, 2006, the end of its previous fiscal year. It was operating 33 aircraft by quarter's end, up 38% compared to 24 at the end of the year-ago period.

Traffic jumped 34% to 24.61 billion RPKs on a 40% lift in capacity to 32.15 billion ASKs, producing a load factor of 77%, down 3 points. CASK rose 6% to 2.91 US cents while CASK ex-fuel increased 17% to 1.70 cents.

Fernandes noted that Indonesia AirAsia "had a turbulent quarter" owing to February flooding in Jakarta and posted a net loss of MRY19 million for the period. Recent aircraft crashes in Indonesia "have dented sentiment for air travel" in the country, he said. Thai AirAsia reported a net profit of MRY6.5 million for the quarter, up 43%.

Sign in to follow this