MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Ong

AirAsia promotion

Found this article in The Star:

Latest AirAsia promotion to salute airline’s 30 million customers

SEPANG: Pack your bags folks, AirAsia is rewarding travellers with a ticket for a mere 30 sen.

In its latest promotion to salute the 30 million guests who have flown the AirAsia Group in the past five years, tickets start from loose change – 30 sen to Jakarta and Bandung.

Fares to international destinations like Bali, Bangkok, Macau, Hanoi, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Siem Reap, and Phnom Penh take off from RM30, AirAsia announced in a statement yesterday.

The AirAsia Group comprises AirAsia Bhd, Thai AirAsia and Indonesia AirAsia.

08airasia.jpg

Blazing the way: The iconic red tail end of Malaysia’s sole low-cost carrier turned blue yesterday at KLIA in Sepang. No, AirAsia has not switched its support from Manchester United to Chelsea. Rather, it has emblazoned its new 180-seater Airbus A320 aircraft with the Visit Malaysia 2007 logo as one way of promoting the country. “It’s our contribution to the Visit Malaysia Year efforts,” AirAsia chief executive officer Datuk Tony Fernandes said.

The booking period started from midnight yesterday and ends on March 18 for a three-month travel period spanning July 1 to Sept 30.

AirAsia said that all fares quoted exclude airport taxes, fuel surcharges and fees, and were applicable for one-way travel only.

Commercial Air Asia executive vice-president Kathleen Tan said that “The Grand Sale” was expected to stimulate travel with an allocation of half a million seats during the promotion.

“AirAsia guests have continuously exhibited high demand for low fares,” said Tan, adding that achieving the 30 million passenger mark proved that “low fares” ruled.

“We believe there are still many people out there who have never flown before and with our low fares, we can encourage people to fly and open up new first time flyer markets,” she said.

AirAsia is set to be an all-Airbus fleet by June. It currently operates more than 300 flights daily traversing 10 countries.

AirAsia said that all fares quoted exclude airport taxes, fuel surcharges and fees, and were applicable for one-way travel only.

What about after summing up all the charges and taxes.. :rolleyes:

I start to hate when people quote price without xtra charges, I dun think the world work like this anymore......I love to hear the äctual"price rather than dissapointing in the end <_>

"No Air Asia has not switched its support from Manchester United to Chelsea" :rofl:

Well if you look at it..its still the cheapest airfare around. And who does want a deal that gets you from A to B with minimum cost.

Yeah this promotion is very fantastic !!! I just booked myself until October 2008 already and is true I can enjoy the lowers fare they offer but should be book early !!! :drinks: Still have a lot of seats for the route like Penang-K.Kinabalu, LCCT-Penang,LCCT K.Terenganu, LCCT- JB and somemore. Most of the promtion price can be find Btween early until midder of May !!! :yahoo:

Just when I though the sale in February was cheap, now it is even cheaper. AK is redefining air travel for many thousands of people. I'm booking some flights tonight.

Their January 1 million free seats promotions is the cheapest ($0.00++ across all routes).

Actually, the Tokyo flights are not so cheap as there are only 3 weekly flights and the cheap seats are already sold. When I went earlier this month, the flight was fairly full in both directions - probably close to 80%.

There is no fuel surcharge for these flights on this current offer too.

Flying into LGW incurs additional rm40 for "Carbon Emission Upset"

Yes, that is the EU carbon tax - same for ORY flights starting in 1 Jan 2012.

Sign in to follow this