MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Peter Smith

Lazy Saturday morning in PER

G'day all, while I had my calculator by my side and waiting for "Singapore 224" (9V-SRF) to commence its push I decided i'd get a few photos of two of the static a/c sitting on our ramp.

First is the worlds only IL-76TD-90VD RA-76950. This re-engined and upgraded avionics equipped bird is operated by Volga-Dnepr (pronounced: Volga Nyepr) arrived on Wednesday night ex- MRU as VDA4428. She was sked to depart the following day to SIN, but the crew elected to stay in PER until they got another contract. Then re-sked to depart this morning, it will finally depart tomorrow morning as VDA4429 to MLE. An Antonov (I presume -124) will take her place later tomorrow on bay50!

leftfront.jpg

front.jpg

Love the nose of profile of these birds!

headon-1.jpg

sideon-1.jpg

And the standard, nose shot for Azahan. This bird is named "Vladamir Kokkinaki" a Russian Brigadier General and pioneer aviator. New paint job, yet its peeling rapidly...reminds me of some of the Airbus factory paintjobs i've seen!

qtrfront.jpg

nose-2.jpg

Finally here is the new engines powering this bird, Perm PS-90's. These remarkably quieter engines allow her to operate in western skies (particularly EU) unrestricted. Previously IL-76's could only operate in the EU when contracted by the United Nations.

PS-90.jpg

Sitting patiently at the other end of the terminal on bay56 (before her tow to a gate) for her departure later in the day as "Qantas 75" to DPS/SIN is 73H VH-VXA "Broome." Threatening skies from early morning rain still linger behind her...

fronton.jpg

qtrfront-1.jpg

Here's her winglet and fin, while sistership A333 VH-QPE sits patiently on bay61 waiting her town, thence own departure later in the morning as "Qantas 77" to SIN

wingletfin.jpg

wingletnose.jpg

Enjoy!

Nice pictures. IL-76 always look menacing. I wonder why the Russians design very mean-looking planes since the cold-war era.

Cheers guys!

Well this afternoon, I knew there was an Antonov 124 due, so I decided to head out for a geek. Ended up pulling a TK and staying until the sun went down as her arrival was being pushed later and later. Eventually at 1935 "POT504" (An-124-100 RA-82075) arrived in PER. This is the 2nd time only (out of the hundreds of An-124 visits) that a Polet Flight bird has been to PER. Certainly topped off a great week, with the RAAF C-17 making its first visit, first visit of an IL-76TD-90VD, first visit of the RA-82075 and first visit of 74Y 9V-SFP (oh the last 3 were all today!)...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Gibby,

Wow, PER has becoming a 2nd MOW :pardon:

That modified IL76 looks real nice with these larger engines !!!

Love the quality of your calculator :drinks:

More, PLEASE...

Liam, looks like u get walk around Russian jet :pardon: Excellent shots of the landing sequence.....love both Russian plane so much :drinks:

But seriously thou, IL-76 looks like a war plane to me ;)

But seriously thou, IL-76 looks like a war plane to me
They were originally built for use that the soviets as military transport. Ironically, we once had YL-LAL, an IL-76 of Inversija contracted to run a freight run weekly to RN Diego Garcia from RAAF Richmond via Pearce, to aid the deployment to Afghanistan and later Iraq. The Ironic part about it was YL-LAL was originally delivered to the Iraqi Air Force!!

My equipment:

Casio Exilim EX-Z120

The An-124 shots are actually from my D70

:drinks:

Thanks guys!

Next subject...hopefully GLEX N889JA

Looks like the IL-76 needs to be repainted because the paint is coming off :o

Well just another selection of recent traffic thru PER...

This is a couple of weeks old, I remember this flight well. The FO started to get really angry with ATC (rightfully so) as he wanted to get below the CB's sitting to the north.. :rofl: :rofl: :drinks: Cheers to Capt Chris and FO TK

TK1.jpg

TK2.jpg

This is one of 4 C-17's that have visited PER this week, each one having now visited twice each!

C-17V1.jpg

C-17gone.jpg

A visiting Metro 23 from ADL, nice scheme...

VEKC17.jpg

VEKMHnSQ.jpg

A view of a "typical" :rofl: Saturday arvo at Perth T1

T1.jpg

...and some static birds which use T3

O7QQXR.jpg

Learjet 35A VH-JCR arriving on medivac. This flight was Prio Med 1, which basically means ATC clear everything in its way, and flies a very direct routing.

JCR.jpg

And finally, this shots shows the new Satellite dome being fitted to all DJ 737's, this is for their Jetblue inspired new in-flight pay-TV they are beginning to offer their "guests"

VUF.jpg

Apologies for the heat haze, you can't escape it here!

Liam, so nice all your shots, always love it when u have ramp shots... u make me miss Perth lotz... :yahoo:

Gibby,

T3 almost looks similar to AMS :rofl:

Thanks for sharing these great shots; again, calculator making excellent pictures !!!

More Liam . . . more. Much more . . .

Love all those freighter movements you seem to be getting in Perth, especially the Russian ones. The main undercarriages of the AN-124 look to me like a string of chocolate chips.

Do also post regular stuff, special liveries fm Qantas . . . thanks.

KC

Thanks guys, KC will get onto the task ASAP...

here one of PER's special visitors today, apologies for the quality...

DC-8-62F ZS-OSI "Alpha India November 503"

DC-81.jpg

DC-82.jpg

Sign in to follow this