MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sri Ramani K.

AirAsia Cadet Pilot

Like he said, with SQ if you fail halfway you don't have to repay them for the costs incurred up to that point. Same with MH. On top of that SIA's bond is only 7 years compared to 15 years with MAS or AirAsia. That's why some people think AirAsia's program is riskier...

Anybody heard of any AirAsia cadets who fail and have to repay?

Like he said, with SQ if you fail halfway you don't have to repay them for the costs incurred up to that point. Same with MH. On top of that SIA's bond is only 7 years compared to 15 years with MAS or AirAsia. That's why some people think AirAsia's program is riskier...

Anybody heard of any AirAsia cadets who fail and have to repay?

AFAIK...their training hasnt even started...

AFAIK...their training hasnt even started...

Well, for those who are unaware, AirAsia has in fact already sent 5 batches to MFA for flight training.

Batch C1, C2, C3 & C4 have all graduated from MFA and most are already online, some doing line training and some undergoing the Airbus training.

Batch C5 have completed all their ground school in MFA and are now flying to complete the required 200 hours.

Cheers~ :rolleyes:

hehehe you beat me to it Pieter! :)

Hi and Welcome to MalaysianWings.com, Julian!

In regards to your question, we have lots of valuable information in this sight. Do use our "search" feature and locate all the various threads regarding cadet pilot applications for some overview.

In your case, I will say however that don't forget to put your eggs in more than one basket. From what you've said, you sound like a potential candidate for an airline. Have you tried MAS/SIA? 28 years old is not too old. I know of guys that are 32 being selected into SIA for ab-initio training. So give it a go. Best of luck to you!

With regards to this topic being "in the wrong place".. it's a little bit of a grey area, and I apologise for any confusion as the 'line maintenance' description does indicate this is the place for "pilot related topics". Of course, traditionally, this is mean't for actual flying questions/discussions, but it is a little misleading to our new users un-familiar with the forum. Traditionally, this has been discussed in General Aviation. Sorry for the confusion, Julian - But thank you for your question and hope MalaysianWings becomes a "must" for your everyday internet surfing needs!

Cheers!

Hi !! Thanks Sandeep G and Pieter!!

This is indeed a lovely place to be ... can feel the 'warms' :lol: you all give. Thanks for the info!!

I appeal to AirAsia, stating that the reason they reject me is not relevant and 'pump' in many proof hehe (desperate), anyway..it works and they accepted me for an interview (spm type of test actually) this coming sunday 25th !! Considering there are sooo many candidates been selected (at least 500, only 10 needed).. changes are slim, but I'll still go and try.

I've tried MAS many times before, and finally I manage to go inside Human Resource Department and ask them personally, well unfortunately MAS are close for cadet pilots till at least next year. They say they prefer 'younger' of 'fresh spm grad'...

As for Singapore airline, I sent in my application, however I'm 2cm short of their target hhehee....

I hope on day I able to pilot A380, and have my own plane ... I love flying and cross country flight in private plane!!

Hope to spend more time here once my business is more settle, want to get to know you all more ... Thanks for the WELCOME!!

ALL THE BEST FOR U ALL YA!!

Regards,

JulianTKP

Hi !! Thanks Sandeep G and Pieter!!

This is indeed a lovely place to be ... can feel the 'warms' :lol: you all give. Thanks for the info!!

I appeal to AirAsia, stating that the reason they reject me is not relevant and 'pump' in many proof hehe (desperate), anyway..it works and they accepted me for an interview (spm type of test actually) this coming sunday 25th !! Considering there are sooo many candidates been selected (at least 500, only 10 needed).. changes are slim, but I'll still go and try.

I've tried MAS many times before, and finally I manage to go inside Human Resource Department and ask them personally, well unfortunately MAS are close for cadet pilots till at least next year. They say they prefer 'younger' of 'fresh spm grad'...

As for Singapore airline, I sent in my application, however I'm 2cm short of their target hhehee....

I hope on day I able to pilot A380, and have my own plane ... I love flying and cross country flight in private plane!!

Hope to spend more time here once my business is more settle, want to get to know you all more ... Thanks for the WELCOME!!

ALL THE BEST FOR U ALL YA!!

Regards,

JulianTKP

Hi Julian,

Wow you managed to convince them to include you in the interview. I admire your perseverence and passion .

Keep at it and you will finally reach your dreams bro. Its just the matter of when and how.

Cheers.

Finally finish first round of AirAsia Cadet pilot Test ... test was ok ... just that I think the maths is harder than SPM standard ... even the revision book I did is much more easier haha ...

All the best for those for going for the interview!!!

Here are some tips to pay attention on:

Physics

- Radio telemetry/circuit

- Engine

Maths (try the hardest Q u ever did hahah)

- Circle

- Earth coordination

- Set

- probability

Regards,

Julian TKP

Guys, i'm back.. Well, about this topic, i've got really frustrated of waiting so i shoot an email to the cadet pilot selection mailbox last week & at last i've got a reply from Capt.Subramaniam. Replied in short & sarcastic manner of "Victor, you didn't qualify as an enternal candidate. An email was sent to you earlier regarding this. Neither did you qualify as an internal candidate. To be qualified, you have to be at least a confirmed 2 years AK staff with recommendation letters from your SM. TQ." :( Kinda shattered half of my heart.. But the point is i didn't receive even a note, not to mention any email!! Aiyo.. :angry: Anyway, still keeping my cool.. B) This is only the 1st time, still got a lot of opportunities.. But i'm hoping to try for SQ.. Any ideas of when their next intake would be? :help: I doubt AK will have another 1 this year..

Tks for the tips Julian.. Best of luck to you!! Hopefully 1 day when i knock the aircraft door, i will get to see you in the cockpit..

Regards,

Victor.

hello guys...

juz wanna share some info...

from postings that ive read from other forums, only 30 candidates did pass all the selection tests with 75%...

those candidates were from the previous batch...

i see..

hey im puzzled. i didnt get any rejection letter nor a email saying im shortlisted..

i see..

hey im puzzled. i didnt get any rejection letter nor a email saying im shortlisted..

Brennan, myb u should email the capt and asking bout ur application status...

becoz, today, my fren received an sms from the capt asking why he did not respond to the email given and he also told my fren if he is still interested, juz inform him to take the test...

Finally finish first round of AirAsia Cadet pilot Test ... test was ok ... just that I think the maths is harder than SPM standard ... even the revision book I did is much more easier haha ...

All the best for those for going for the interview!!!

Here are some tips to pay attention on:

Physics

- Radio telemetry/circuit

- Engine

Maths (try the hardest Q u ever did hahah)

- Circle

- Earth coordination

- Set

- probability

Regards,

Julian TKP

hey bro thanks a lot man really appericiate that. :drinks:

Anyone got the email add?

Guys, i'm back.. Well, about this topic, i've got really frustrated of waiting so i shoot an email to the cadet pilot selection mailbox last week & at last i've got a reply from Capt.Subramaniam. Replied in short & sarcastic manner of "Victor, you didn't qualify as an enternal candidate. An email was sent to you earlier regarding this. Neither did you qualify as an internal candidate. To be qualified, you have to be at least a confirmed 2 years AK staff with recommendation letters from your SM. TQ." :( Kinda shattered half of my heart.. But the point is i didn't receive even a note, not to mention any email!! Aiyo.. :angry: Anyway, still keeping my cool.. B) This is only the 1st time, still got a lot of opportunities.. But i'm hoping to try for SQ.. Any ideas of when their next intake would be? :help: I doubt AK will have another 1 this year..

Tks for the tips Julian.. Best of luck to you!! Hopefully 1 day when i knock the aircraft door, i will get to see you in the cockpit..

Regards,

Victor.

Hi Victor,

You are welcome .... and Thanks.

You can log in to Singapore airline website, go to this link http://singaporeair.recruitmax.com/MAIN/careerportal/ and register as member, from there you can keep track on their opening for Cadet pilot ... they have one no long ago, about 1 month before AirAsia did......

All the best to you.

If you wish and got $ to spend, you may want to take up pilot course yourself in Malaysia, get you CPL and frozen ATPL and apply straight as co-pilot ....

Regards,

JulianTKP

:rolleyes:

SQ's ads for Cadet Pilot appeared in STAR on December 16, 2006.

AFAIK, SQ has their Cadet Pilot first interview for the above mentioned ads on most of the weekends in March.

Now SQ has opened application for Cadet Pilot in South Asia region (i.e. India).

Good day Brennan...

This is for you...

The email is : cadetpilot_selection@airasia.com

Thanks a bunch bro!

I've got sms saying that i didnt respond to the mail (which i never received) and asked me to fwd an e-mail if i'm still interested... They replied saying it is noted but they didn't tell the exact date...

Just aquestion, we all know AK will only pay for all the training expenses and all other things (i.e accommodation, food, etc.) is self funded by cadets. So, how much is the estimated non-training expenses that cadets have to bear???

Wow !! ... Received email today .. Praise the LORD!! pass 1st stage .... 3 more to go ...next ... video game and eye test ahaha

I hope the game is play flight simulator ..hahah ...nah ..

ALL the best for those also waiting ..

Regards,

JulianTKP

Hi,

I am also very interested in this subject, but the reference is very limited. You can share documents as well as experience? Thanks!