MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Chan CS

MYY spotting

I heard from my lil bro at RRSS that he always saw RBA B747 land at WBGR recently. The school is just on the path for Runway 02 approach. Correct me if i put my runway umber is wrong....not use to land in WBGR. Will be soon.

should not be RBA. the 744 he mean should be V8-ALI, which is own by the Royal Family. :)

Miri Airport runway specs:

Runway 02/20.

Length:2,745(metres)

9,006(feet)

Correction to my previous post, the Runway number should be Rwy 20 not 02.

No update for Miri? That day I thought I saw an aircraft which look like A340 approaching MYY airport while I was driving along the Brighton Road in front of SMK Chung Hua. The wings are longer than the normal A320 and B737.

Can !

No cargo, limited pax, minimal fuel ........ :)

Not impossible with Tun Mahathir and V8-ALI's flight. How many pax normally on those flights? Less than 10?

should not be RBA. the 744 he mean should be V8-ALI, which is own by the Royal Family. :)

no pics?

I saw a vid on youtube V8 ALI flying low around Miri Town.

Is that Gate A3 in the picture? I thought Gate A3 supposed to be for wide-body aircraft like A330 and above... :rolleyes:

Yeah Geo I think the picture mokhzani posted was A3.

I always though gate A3 has been closed down for good, I never see any a/c used that bridge, as last time there was an incident (or 2) involving MH's B734, apparently the sensor of the gate was malfunctioned that time. It's however good to see that they're using it now, it's such a waste if they really abandoned the gate. Like what Geo said, the gate A3 is designed for larger a/c, unlike A2, which is, obviously for smaller a/c.

Yes that was gate A3 (sorry for the late confirmation :sorry: -better late than never)

MiriResize05-1.jpg

i know where to spot but dont know how to type in here or you know the road to hornbill skyways ?... there is a nice place but you need 4wd vehicle to void the fence when you shoot...

here...

My part for Miri spotting team

Miri International Airport( gate A1 hidden by the bushes)

cimg4211kp9.jpg

Dutch Lady in action

cimg4214pm3.jpg

Sorry for the quality of my pictures.

hi all from miri,

Any one want to do spoting this comming saturday or sunday can pm me ?

I want I want... but sponsor me my air ticket kekekeke... hope to see this thread come alive with Move around... :drinks:

hi all from miri,

Any one want to do spoting this comming saturday or sunday can pm me ?

Hi Move, end of month will you at Miri? day before Gawaii.

I want I want... but sponsor me my air ticket kekekeke... hope to see this thread come alive with Move around... :drinks:

lol.. you guys drive here lah.. sure happening.

Hi Move, end of month will you at Miri? day before Gawaii.

hi sam,

ya i will be at miri.. :good: anything you can pm me...

I'll be in Miri for Gawai. But not sure whether i can go spotting or not. Ermm..you guys think can take photo of the from the tarmac while walking to the aircraft? My flight MYY-KUL 26 May 1005am. Then KUL-MYY 28 May arriving 9pm.

I'll be in Miri for Gawai. But not sure whether i can go spotting or not. Ermm..you guys think can take photo of the from the tarmac while walking to the aircraft? My flight MYY-KUL 26 May 1005am. Then KUL-MYY 28 May arriving 9pm.

i'll just try my luck. kekeke.... or try not stop yourself when taking picture. Gawai lets come out Huh hah. lolz...

Whoaaaaaa u are lucky .. damn lucky hahaa.. ask pilot to divert to Kch hehe

Whoaaaaaa u are lucky .. damn lucky hahaa.. ask pilot to divert to Kch hehe

dream dream hahaha!

Nice catch bro.... got bulis ah? :diablo: