MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Chan CS

MYY spotting

From what I know, they will not use aerobridge whenever it is available from them, but only when someone disabled onboard or there is raining (from what I see though).

I've no idea why they didn't used aerobridge when my picture was taken, maybe a measure of cost cutting?

AK prefer not to use aerobridge to save on cost. They do use it if it rains though.

Is the terminal building open 24hr though ? You know lah, there is this 'beredar' culture amongst MAB staffers :)

Three weeks ago arrived last flight from KUL around 2300. Not many taxi, so had to wait until 2345 to get taxi to Miri city centre. By 2330, they switched off lights already inside terminal building. But i noticed one of the door wasn't locked.

But it wasn't a nice experienced, what more considering I had to work early next morning.

Is that Gate A3 in the picture? I thought Gate A3 supposed to be for wide-body aircraft like A330 and above... :rolleyes:

Yeah Geo I think the picture mokhzani posted was A3.

I always though gate A3 has been closed down for good, I never see any a/c used that bridge, as last time there was an incident (or 2) involving MH's B734, apparently the sensor of the gate was malfunctioned that time. It's however good to see that they're using it now, it's such a waste if they really abandoned the gate. Like what Geo said, the gate A3 is designed for larger a/c, unlike A2, which is, obviously for smaller a/c.

is that Gate three is on the right hand side (view from terminal to runway)? if do, i think use it twice on my MYY-JHB-MYY trip, year 2004. :D

Why they dont get it fixed if it's unserviceable? Or maybe they dont want to because there's no wide-body aircraft going to Miri Airport? the facility is not fully utilised.

is that Gate three is on the right hand side (view from terminal to runway)? if do, i think use it twice on my MYY-JHB-MYY trip, year 2004. :D

Sameul, if I remember correctly, the new terminal was opened in year 2003 to 2004, and those incidents happened between 2005.

Why they dont get it fixed if it's unserviceable? Or maybe they dont want to because there's no wide-body aircraft going to Miri Airport? the facility is not fully utilised.

Well I have no idea why they didn't get it fixed. However, 2 aerobridges are enough for MYY during that time. But let me ask you, how many airports in Malaysia are fully utilized? I doubt that... :pardon:

Which aircraft does AirAsia utilize for the KCH-MYY-KCH sector? Is it still the B733 or A320 already?

Which aircraft does AirAsia utilize for the KCH-MYY-KCH sector? Is it still the B733 or A320 already?

1 August 2008

Spotting prior to my AK MYY-KCH flight

AK arriving from KCH

MYY5.jpg

MYY4.jpg

MYY3.jpg

MYY2.jpg

Boarding

MYY1.jpg

Heli spotted from my window seat inside the A320

MYY6.jpg

Edited by Fitri Shukri

Nice job Fitri. I noticed the AK did not taxi on the yellow line and the A320 got no winglet. Correct me if im wrong. :clapping:

Nice job Fitri. I noticed the AK did not taxi on the yellow line and the A320 got no winglet. Correct me if im wrong. :clapping:

look carefully , it has winglets :D .......

fitri , like the twin otter so much :good: , thanks for sharing

Edited by Louis L.

Nice job Fitri. I noticed the AK did not taxi on the yellow line . :clapping:

Contrary to popular belief, the yellow line is only for guidance.

Edited by Radzi

It's because they dont have ground crew to take care of the stuff at the places you guys mention. For example stairways. So for last resort they have to used aerobridge.

Anybody want to join me spotting from 19/9 to 21/9? Just PM me. But for Miri Airport where is good to spot?

i know where to spot but dont know how to type in here or you know the road to hornbill skyways ?... there is a nice place but you need 4wd vehicle to void the fence when you shoot...

Edited by Move

I heard from my lil bro at RRSS that he always saw RBA B747 land at WBGR recently. The school is just on the path for Runway 02 approach. Correct me if i put my runway umber is wrong....not use to land in WBGR. Will be soon.