MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

VN contined to upsize their equipment today with a A333 VN-A368 which sports a white nose. This aircraft was first delivered to LTU on 30/03/1995 as D-AERH and continued to serve with Skyservice, Air Luxor and HiFly before joining VN's fleet on 15/02/2007.

VN-A368_MW.jpg

Just to share another photo of an Air India B777-300ER VT-ALT which was photographed arriving in this morning's excellent light. :)

VT-ALT_MW.jpg

2/9 ... Brilliant sunlight until sunset. B)

UL312 from Colombo via KUL opb CS-TQI leased from Luzair.

CS-TQI_WSSS_020910.jpg

A6-EYJ arrived early from Brisbane probably due to the strong southerlies.

A6-EYJ_WSSS_020910.jpg

QF10 from LHR opb VH-OJU 'One World'.

VH-OJU_WSSS_020910.jpg

F-GSQJ now with Air France revised livery.

F-GSQJ_WSSS_020910.jpg

How i wish the next 2 flights came 15mins earlier, they would be in brilliant golden light. <_>

HS-PGX from BKK.

HS-PGX_WSSS_020910.jpg

P2-ANA from Port Moresby.

P2-ANA_WSSS_020910.jpg

Thanks for viewing. Cheers. :)

Some photos to share from the long Hari Raya weekend :)

This photo of KLM Skyteam PH-BVD is especially dedicated to Pieter for all his efforts in trying to sound us out whenever she was scheduled to visit Singapore as KL835. After countless attempts in less than sterling weather, she finally arrived in great mid-afternoon sun.

PH-BVD_MW.jpg

The One World camp decided that the KLM Skyteam should not get all the attention and sent in 2 of its logojets (JA707J & G-CIVK) as well on Sunday.

JA707J_MW.jpg

G-CIVK_MW.jpg

Star Alliance has a home advantage in this alliance special livery parade, with Singapore Airlines sending 9V-SYEon several regional flights during the weekend which allowed us to have several opportunities to get a photo of her in excellent weather.

9V-SYE_MW.jpg

British Airways sent in G-YMMI, which featured an additional title "Keep Our Flag Flying" at the rear of the aircraft. This title was added to signify the carrier's resolve to sustain normal operations during the massive crew strikes earlier this year.

G-YMMI_MW.jpg

Vietnam Airlines upsized their equipment on the Hanoi flight during the long weekend and sent in B772ER VN-A144 on Saturday.

VN-A144_MW.jpg

RMAF Dassault Falcon M37-01 paid a Hari Raya visit to Singapore.

M37-01_MW.jpg

9M-AFH Hats off to Dato Pahamin

9M-AFM_MW.jpg

HS-ABD Truly ASEAN...my first shot of this livery even though there is one each in AK's and FD's fleet!

HS-ABD_MW.jpg

Hope you enjoy viewing the photos and Selamat Hari Raya Adilfitri to all.

You're welcome Hoe Jyh and Kay Cee !!! :pardon:

As much as you were hunting BVD, I've been hunting the 'hat's off' A320 AFM, but still unlucky sofar :(

...and now, even one more to hunt: 'lotus' AFY... ;)

For months already, I have been chasing PH-BVD and Pieter was most accommodating in providing me with advance information of its visit to Singapore. And for all this time, every single arrival was met with bad weather ... until last Saturday. The inevitable happened and it arrived in much better light - Hoe Jyh has already posted it and this is from a slightly different angle. THANKS Pieter, owe you big time!

mw-PH-BVD-2010-09-11-05Cr1-SkyteamCS-APS.jpg

The same day, Vietnam Airlines operated a B777-200ER VN-A144 in place of the usual A330-200. It is nice to see that Vietnam Airlines is now rotating B772, A332 and A333 seemingly randomly. Give us something to look forward to.

mw-VN-A144-2010-09-11-04Cr-APS.jpg

Never one to ignore a trijet, I still find myself photographing China Cargo's MD-11F each time I see it. A delayed arrival translates into better light.

mw-B-2174-2010-08-29-02Cr-APS.jpg

Fast forward to today (13 Sep) ... Cathay Pacific Airways finally obliged with a surprise visit by its B777-367ER in Asia's World City livery. I had almost but given up hope of photographing this one and can now finally count it as one less to watch out for.

mw-B-KPF-2010-09-13-03Cr-AsiasWorldCity-APS.jpg

Southern Air seems to be moving quite a few planes in this region ... B747-200SF (originally delivered to Varig and subsequently went to CX Cargo) N815SA was scheduled to position from Paya Lebar Airport to Changi Airport at 1300hrs. At 1548hrs, it approached runway 20C ... and completed a flypast over the runway without lowering its undercarriages and then disappeared.

mw-N815SA-2010-09-13-01Cr-WheelsUp-Approach.jpg

At 1820hrs, it finally returned ... and landed on runway 20R. Finally, my first decent shot of a Southern Air B742F in new colours.

mw-N815SA-2010-09-13-05Cr-APS.jpg

Also basking in the beautiful light this afternoon was Etihad's A330-200 A6-EYI arriving from Brisbane.

mw-A6-EYI-2010-09-13-03Cr-APS.jpg

Still processing tonnes of shots from two days on the ramp last month and will post these when I am done with them.

KC Sim

RMAF Dassault Falcon M37-01 paid a Hari Raya visit to Singapore.

M37-01_MW.jpg

RM and hubby were in SIN during last year Hari Raya holiday for shopping and business. They were in SIN again to close more deals?

You're most welcome !!! Glad to have helped you this way !!!

Good to see KL (me) and VN (Mai) in sequence... :pardon: :good:

Keep those SIN shots comin'... ;)

Hi Pieter,

can you advise if the pictures I have uploaded appear on your screen? They did soon after I uploaded them but now seem to disappear. Can someone help me troubleshoot and advise the "cure".

KC Sim

KC, the pix are displaying OK. Perhaps it was an intermittent unavailability of the server when you tried to access it earlier.

Hi Pieter,

can you advise if the pictures I have uploaded appear on your screen? They did soon after I uploaded them but now seem to disappear. Can someone help me troubleshoot and advise the "cure".

KC Sim

KC,

Like Flee also said, I can confirm too all your pictures are (still) visible... :pardon:

Hi guys! Sunny day after a heavy downpour this morning

15/09/2010 - TC-JDL Turkish Airlines Star Alliance. :)

IMG_6755.jpg

18/9

KLM Skyteam PH-BVD made a repeat visit to SIN today as KL835

PH-BVD1_MW.jpg

VistaJet Challenger 850 OE-ILV

OE-ILV_MW.jpg

Las Vegas Sands Gulfstream V N383LS

N383LS_MW.jpg

Embraer Legacy PK-RSS

PK-RSS_MW.jpg

Candair Challenger 604 N280K

N280K_MW.jpg

Delivery flight of SQ's newest A333 yet, 9V-STQ as SQ330 from TLS.

9V-STQdelivery_MW.jpg

Some interesting traffic on 21/9. Only if light can be a little better. <_>

FedEx MD-10F N562FE back from air test, landing on 20R after several touch & go at 20C.

N562FE_WSSS_210910.jpg

Qatar 638 was opb a B77L A6-BBH instead of the usual B77W.

A6-BBH_WSSS_210910.jpg

Bo Rocks 9M-AFD operated AK703 from KUL.

9M-AFD_WSSS_210910.jpg

Surprise of the day was this Tentera Nasional Indonesia - Angkatan Udara B737-200/Adv A-7304. Basically showed up out of no where. :pardon: :yahoo:

A-7304_WSSS_210910.jpg

Thanks for viewing. Cheers. :)

Kian,

Lucky you !!! Really nice to be able to 'shoot' the 737-200 !!! :good:

Great shot... :pardon:

Looking more closely at A7-BBH: I definitely like the size of this Oryx a lot better than the previous oversized one; at least, the grey stripes are more prominent too...

OT and about QR: it's rumoured the 4 A340-600's will move to Aerolineas Argentinas; so, catch them while you (still) can !!! ;)

Hi all,

Kianhong, excellent catch with that Indo AF B732. Not seen a pic of one of those moving for a long time. Nice to see some (at least) are still active!

On a different note, did any of you guys see the China Eastern on Monday 20th? I am looking for the REG number for it. It was the NKG-SIN-NKG flight I am wanting, CES771/2 and an A319 according to flightstats. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks and keep the excellent pics coming! :good:

Rgds.

25/9

Air New Zealand ZK-NBU as NZ6019 from AKL

ZK-NBU_MW.jpg

Bombardier Global Express VP-BEM

VP-BEM_MW.jpg

China Sonangol Intl A318CJ B-6188 as CCA098 from HKG. It is operated on behalf of the entity by Air China Business Jets.

B-6188_MW.jpg

Great catch of six-one-eight-eight !!! :good:

Sheik Mustafa Edrees's private A319CJ P4-MIS. Certainly a very interesting livery!

P4-MIS_MW.jpg

Additional flight EK346 from Dubai to Kuala Lumpur via Singapore. It was operated by a B772 A6-EML which used to be very common in Singapore in the past but is now certainly considered as a rare type to be seen here!

A6-EML_MW.jpg

B-6188_MW.jpg

At first glance I thought it is a BI 319/8 with unfinished paint :good:

15/10

Thai Airways continued with their 'Friday special' and sent their Star Alliance B744 HS-TGW as TG413 from Bangkok. Although it is not very apparent from the photo, the revised Star Alliance titles and tail logo are huge!

HS-TGW_MW.jpg

Air Macau Cargo seems to be a regular every Friday afternoon now :D B-MBJ A300-600F is named 'Harmony'.

B-MBJ_MW.jpg

Tiger Airways 9V-TAO turbotiger on finals at the end of her flight from Haikou. I wonder if 9V-TAP has a similar name applied on her nose!

9V-TAO_MW.jpg

As the sun gradually shifts towards the south at this time of the year, aircraft which use runway 20 for arrivals are illuminated head-on. This allows one to appreciate the many curved blades which make up the 110 inch diameter fan on the GE90-110B engines that power one of the most fuel efficient cargo aircraft today.

N882FD_MW.jpg

Rounding up the day is a QANTAS B744 VH-OJU with OneWorld titles as QF10 from LHR. VH-OJU_MW.jpg

Thanks for viewing :)

Love the AB3F of Air Macau :good:

(miss the sunny weather shots @ SIN)

A few from SIN while I was there for 10 hours b4 my next flight to PER/SYD.

Special thx to KC for joining me for spotting on Changi Beach :)

WSSS006.jpg

WSSS001.jpg

WSSS003.jpg

4 special AK :rolleyes:

WSSS005.jpg

WSSS004.jpg

WSSS002.jpg

WSSS008.jpg

And one from home :)

WSSS007.jpg