MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Good to see you were also able to nail that Fokker F27 !!! :good:

I knew you were so sad last June when not able to attend MW's 5th anniversary and join the group...

Really love the Fokker 50 picture... :pardon:

Hi all,

Can any of you guys tell me what the REG was for GAP800 (AirPhil Express) A320 that arrived in the evening on 30th please? I show the airline as only having 3x A320s in service at the moment and it wasn't the new one RP-C8388. What is the status of the 2x ex Philippine Airlines A320s RP-C3227/8 that are supposed to be in service with AirPhil? My research shows they haven't flown on those REGs since May so are they parked or have they been re-registered with AirPhil? Any sightings?

Thanks.

Edited by RobK

RobK, I have no idea. I tried to find something trough acars for you but could only find flight 800 on the 31st with the 8388 flight 2P0800.

Some more shots from SIN, and Pieter, 2 more Fokkers :rolleyes:

SIN201.jpg

SIN202.jpg

SIN203.jpg

SIN204.jpg

SIN205.jpg

SIN206.jpg

SIN207.jpg

SIN208.jpg

This morning I had a feeling LH was going to be this one! Just b4 its arrival we had thunderstorms north of the airport so they changed runways :( Around 5.15 PM she took of on from SIN back to FRA, to bad she didnt took the closest runway, anyway.. I nailed her :rolleyes:

SIN209.jpg

To all SIN spotters, watch out for flight NH111 this coming Sat (6/11).

NH111 might be operated by JA619A 767ER with winglets. :good:

BTW, please be aware that last minute equipment swap is still possible. :p

Was never, ever able to take a picture of the RSAF Fokker 50's during all my SIN visits sofar, and you were able to 'shoot' 3 ? :blink: as well as KC135 ? :blink:

You lucky B@st@rd !!! :pardon:

Pieter: I was a "lucky B@st@rd" too during the last trip (27-30 Jun'10)at SIN :yahoo:

And I get more F50's and KC135's too :rolleyes: Photos taken from VN741 back to SGN

#1 f50me2_sin_7845.jpg

#2 kc135_sin_7846.jpg

Airphil Express flight 2P-800 on the evening of 30 October 2010 was operated by RP-C3227 ... definitely not a mistake as I was on this flight. I flew to Manila on the inaugural flight 2P-801 on 27 October and this was operated by RP-C8388.

During the three days I was in Manila, I have only seen RP-C3227, RP-C8388 and RP-C8389. There are several Dash 8 (both -300s and Q400s) including RP-C3018 with Philippine Airlines tail logo and Airphil Express titles (plus small "Operated by Air Philippines" sticker on the fuselage).

Thanks to information from Kane Yoshi, I was able to proceed directly to Multi-national Avenue to photograph planes landing on runway 06.

KC Sim

Yesterday (2 Nov 2010), JAL surprised by sending in their B767 with the new "Endless Journey" markings. The Yokoso Japan tourism campaign - after more than 5 years - has been replaced by a new "Endless Journey" campaign and thankfully, the new logo is added to some ANA and JAL planes.

mw-JA623J-2010-11-02-01Cr-EndlessDiscovery-APS.jpg

Wish it was a little more colourful though.

KC Sim

The Yokoso Japan tourism campaign - after more than 5 years - has been replaced by a new "Endless Journey" campaign and thankfully, the new logo is added to some ANA and JAL planes.

Good catch KC.

Is it "Endless Discovery" that I see painted on the fuselage?

Francis : You are right ... it should be Endless Discovery ... don't know why my stubby fingers kept typing Journey! Must be old age.

Thanks for the correction.

KC

Thanks YK and Chaity for the info.

ANA first brand new B767-381ER (JA619A) to be fitted with Aviation Partners blended winglets.

JA619A_WSSS_061110.jpg

JA619A_WSSS_061110-2.jpg

Pardon the photos quality as it was raining when she arrived. <_ and she was the last to landed on rwy after which runway changed hope will come sin more often.>

Thanks for viewing. Cheers :)

Despite the rain, great shots of 619A ! :good:

Thanks for sharing, Kian... :pardon:

I was told that she will quite a regular here. Gotta catch it in better light.

Hope they also send them to HNL! Those B763s with winglets sure look sharp!

Guys..Iron Maiden is heading to SG in February 2011...meaning "Ed Force One" is heading there too! make sure you guys catch it

2008-02-25_MROC_G-OJIB_02.jpg

And in true rock-star fashion, Iron Maiden will be arriving here in style. They will fly in on their specially-customised private aeroplane, called Ed Force One.

The Boeing 757 airliner, piloted by 52-year-old Dickinson (a qualified commercial pilot who has hosted aviation shows like Flying Heavy Metal), will transport the band, crew and their entire 10-tonne stage production for the duration of the tour.

My linkhttp://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Showbiz/Story/A1Story20101103-245553.html

The weather recently has been horrible. After being blanketed by haze from Sumatra for a week, we had nothing but rain with the weathermen forecasting even more rain as the monsoons arrive and La Nina takes hold. Even then - and thankfully, there were little breaks just barely long enough for a few planes to be captured.

On 11 November 2010, we had this B767-200 N2767 arriving from Manila.

mw-N2767-2010-11-11-01Cr-APS.jpg

I was surprised when Myanmar Airways International (MAI) sent its newly leased Airbus A321 F-GYAO (a former Air Mediterranee aircraft). Thankfully, this one has a completely white fuselage (as opposed to a light grey one on the A320s) and the cheatlines do not wrap round the nose. Most importantly, it has the new flag of the Union of Myanmar.

mw-F-GYAO-2010-11-11-04Br-MAI-APP.jpg

Yesterday (12 November 2010), our wait for the MD-11F of Avient was in vain when it landed on runway 02C in gorgeous light!! As a consolation, we were offered an MD-10 of Fedex N385FE returning from its post-maintenance test flight.

mw-N385FE-2010-11-12-08Cr-APP.jpg

And I realise that Jetstar Asia's latest A320 9V-JSI has the larger billboard titles that we have previously seen on the Australian registered aircraft.

mw-9V-JSI-2010-11-12-02Cr-APP.jpg

KC Sim

KC,

That 767 had the google boys on board - Sergei Brin and Larry Page. They co-owned the aircraft if i am not mistaken.

arriving from Manila.

KC Sim

Understood you arrived from there too not too long ago (saw a nice Zest 319 picture)...

Any more to share in the appropriate MNL topic ? :huh:

Hi Pieter,

Yes, I was in Manila and thanks to Kaneyoshi who gave me the name of a road, I was able to find my way to a nice spot.

Spotting in Manila is great fun and I do have quite a few images to share. But I could not find a "Spotting in Manila" thread ... or should I start one?

KC Sim

Spotting in Manila is great fun and I do have quite a few images to share. But I could not find a "Spotting in Manila" thread ... or should I start one?

KC Sim

Yes, please start one, if you don't mind...

No safety- or security issues there regarding spotting with police ?

Hello all,

I was just wondering if anyone in the SIN area has a Kinetic SBS-1 or Airnav Radarbox? I know there is one based near KUL somewhere which is hooked up to the libhomeradar site, but it doesn't pick up any of the SIN traffic and one is desperately needed in this area. :help:

I listen to the HF traffic over the S China Sea and could really use some logs to find out the REG's ;) .

Airphil Express flight 2P-800 on the evening of 30 October 2010 was operated by RP-C3227 ... definitely not a mistake as I was on this flight. I flew to Manila on the inaugural flight 2P-801 on 27 October and this was operated by RP-C8388.

During the three days I was in Manila, I have only seen RP-C3227, RP-C8388 and RP-C8389. There are several Dash 8 (both -300s and Q400s) including RP-C3018 with Philippine Airlines tail logo and Airphil Express titles (plus small "Operated by Air Philippines" sticker on the fuselage).

Thanks to information from Kane Yoshi, I was able to proceed directly to Multi-national Avenue to photograph planes landing on runway 06.

KC Sim

KC Sim, a belated thanks for this info that I requested. I did check back once but there were no replies at the time. Thanks a lot! :drinks:

After being closed for renovations for more than a year, the new Terminal 1 viewing mall had finally reopened yesterday. After a series of disastrous viewing malls at Terminal 2 and 3 which featured double layered glass that prevented any attempts at obtaining decent photos of aircraft, we were not very optimistic with how the Terminal 1 viewing mall would eventually turn out. However, as the renovation progressed on through the past year, there was a glimmer of hope as it seemed that the remodelled T1 viewing mall might still retain a single layer of glass.

Entrance to the Terminal 1 viewing mall.

T1VM-7.jpg

The new viewing mall allows visitors to have a more expansive view of the restricted area as compared to the old viewing mall.

T1VM-9.jpg

The new viewing mall features a sloped ceiling with shielded lighting. Though the sloped ceiling means that the lights are directly projected onto the glass, the fact that the light sources are partially shielded by the ceiling panels help to reduce the reflections.

T1VM-2.jpg

View of the viewing mall from the other side. The new viewing mall is approximately half the area of the former T1 central apron viewing mall and overlooks the C pier in the central apron. There is a standard flight board as well as toilets available in the viewing gallery. It might be of note that there is currently no reception for Wireless@SG at the viewing mall.

T1VM-5.jpg

The main highlight of the viewing mall is the new glass floor and ceiling.Most importantly, it still only has a single layer of glass! :yahoo:

T1VM-8.jpg

The tempered glass floor can take a maximum of 500kg/m2. This translates into a maximum load of approximately 4 people per square metre with a weight of 125kg each.

T1VM-1.jpg

There are 3 panes of untinted glass while the other glass panes have a slight green tint to it. These panes are clear glass were originally meant for fire fighting access in the unlikely event of an emergency.

T1VM-3.jpg

There is almost no noticeable tint for photos taking through the clear panes of glass. The photo of the VN A332 at gate C13 below had not been adjusted for colour.

T1VM-4.jpg

Of course, there are still some visitors who are still more comfortable with the 'double layered' view which the T2 and T3 viewing mall offers :pardon:

T1VM-6.jpg

Thanks for reading! :D

Edited by Hoe Jyh

Looks really good !!! :good:

I'm glad it re-opened again; surely missed the place during my last visits...

Thanks a lot for sharing this overview, Hoe Jyh :good: