MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

To start off the MW 5th Anniversary gathering in SIN, here one shot of mine dedicated specially to KC Sim. :drinks:

9M-AFQ-20R-26-06-10.jpg

9M-AFQ brought in great light with her!

Also another share for all the KUL spotters who missed VH-OQF when she diverted to KUL on the 15th. Also dedicated to Kian Hong who pointed out some fake items on the fuselage :lol: :lol:

VH-OQB-20R-26-06-10.jpg

VH-OQB

Ramani

What are those fake items ?

What do you mean by fake items on the fuselage?

Kian Hong might have a better close-up and a better explanation. Paging for Kian Hong! :clapping:

A few 'presents' sent it for 5th Anniversary spotting.

SQ's 15th A330-300 arriving as 'Singapore 330' from TLS. It was delayed for 40mins.

9V-STO_WSSS_260610.jpg

Air Macau weekend charter A321 B-MAR with additional "Experience Macau" title.

B-MAR_WSSS_260610.jpg

Another stunner is this Fokker F27 Friendship from Batam. Brilliant scheme in brilliant sun light. Dedicated this Cornelis who couldn't make it this time. See you in AUG.

PK-KRL_WSSS_260610.jpg

The best present we got was none other than the superb blue sky in the afternoon. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Once again I wish MalaysianWings HAPPY 5th Anniversary and many many many more years to come!

PK-KRL_WSSS_260610-1.jpg

Thanks for viewing. Cheers! :)

Thx kianhong for F27:D Must be one of the highlights of the day as I instantly received sms from Pieter saying Asialink F27 got in! It's a good looking livery on one helluva aircraft :yahoo:

Wow, we learn something every day. I never knew Qantas painted fake windows on their A380! Does anyone have the explanation for such a need to add fake windows?

Anyhow, I am certain that as others recuperate from their tiring day out at the beach, more pictures will be added.

Today (Sunday 27 Jun) turned out to be quiet as nobody wanted to do any shoot in the morning. Just as well as the wind direction changed and runways 02 were used. Rains came thereafter and the sun did not return until late afternoon and in the process, we missed shooting Lufthansa B744 with the 50 Years livery.

After the sun came out, we received a little "present" from Sri Ramani - in the form of 9M-AHH with the wheelchair. Not exactly a special livery but better than nothing ... we are still waiting for Dato Pahamin, Bo Rocks and Junior Jet Club.

mw-9M-AHH-2010-06-27-01Cr-Wheelchai.jpg

Singapore Airlines' B772 in Star Alliance livery came in just when the sun became very intense ... complementing the B773 that all Mwingers shot yesterday.

mw-9V-SRE-2010-06-27-03Cr-StarAllia.jpg

Yesterday's BA15 was operated by a B772ER with "KEEPING THE FLAG FLYING" stickers ... and today, another one with similar markings appeared.

mw-G-YMMK-2010-06-27-02Cr-FlagFlyin.jpg

Each Sunday, we were able to look forward to this big orange arriving from Liege ...

mw-OO-THB-2010-06-27-02Cr-APS.jpg

Star of the day was the air test by 9V-SBB, an A319 from SilkAir. It is destined for Belle air, an Albanian low cost carrier ... for now, it still wears its Singapore registration and this will be replaced as soon as it returns to the hangar.

mw-9V-SBB-2010-06-27-01Br-Belleair-.jpg

I guess I have had enough excitement for the weekend ...

KC Sim

Edited by KC Sim

Nice series Kianhong & KC! I should have stayed back longer eh? :sorry: Anyways, this SIN spotting thread is never complete without a series of SQ birds. To start off, a 773ER 9V-SWS arriving when the dark clouds were shifting back to Malaysia.

9V-SWS-20R-26-06-2010.jpg

More to come after work. Cheers!

Wow guys, good catch from SIN over the weekend. :good:

Ha ha! First time I heard QF A380 with painted windows :o

For KUL spotters, the A380 will remain a rare bird until the MH aircraft comes into service. This is SQ's second A380, 9V-SKB:

9V-SKB_SQA380_20100626[s].jpg

The apple of KC's eye, the MD-11F trijet from FedEx in the warm glow of a fine Changi evening:

N604FE_MD-11F_20100626[s].jpg

When this big mama came in, I was not aware it had fake stuff. I thought only China had loads of these! ;)

VH-OQB_QFA380_20100626[0s].jpg

The morning light was not great. I believe that this was the plane that carried Hon Kit to SIN:

9M-FYE_ATR72_20100626[s].jpg

Edited by flee

Hi guys,

Plenty of shots to vet thru and since the lighting was better towards late evening I'll start by sharing in reverse order.

The only picture taken with a third battery. Thanks Kian Hong for the spare.

SIN_N604FE_7234.jpg

Picture taken with a second battery. Thanks again to Kian Hong.

SIN_9VSVE_7231.jpg

SIN_PKGMM_7223.jpg

SIN_VHQPI_7212.jpg

Then the rest with my own battery.

SIN_VH0QB_7207.jpg

Cheers.

Btw, do you guys think the photos above are too "blue"?

Air France B777-300ER

SIN_FGSQK_7192.jpg

Little China B738

SIN_B18605_7173.jpg

QF send almost all there aircraft types here but no special colors. :(

SIN_VHOJE_7163.jpg

SIN_9VSKB_7151.jpg

Keeping the flag flying but not in South Africa. :p

SIN_GYMML_7136.jpg

Btw, do you guys think the photos above are too "blue"?

Waiping, those photos look OK on my notebook screen. White is balance and not too blue. :)

Indeed a great day to spot towards the evening with good light and nice selection of aircraft/airlines. :good:

Great stuff there guys, I can imagine a.nut screeners will be yawning in their screening room seeing all the line up from the beach shots haha.. I wonder any of us ever get the rejection "common" before? Love the blue sky guys... :drinks:

Any shots that are not soo common, such as nose.. diff angles, close up like (kian Hongs)or even landing gears? Keep em coming.. :good:

Edited by Ignatius

Great pics you have there Flee & Kian Hong. Love the blueish sky we had there over in SIN. I am definitely going to miss that afternoon sky whenever I go for spotting again in KUL :(

Anyways, to continue where I left off earlier. The morning session had some pretty cool traffic (97% of them were rare species to me.)

VH-OJH-20R-26-06-2010.jpg

Qantas' 744 VH-OJH

B-16109-20R-26-06-2010.jpg

Dedicate this shot to KC & Uncle Pieter. Have seen this MD-11 in KUL before bearing the rego B-16109).

VT-ALR-20R-26-06-2010.jpg

Highlight of the morning definitely has to be this, VT-ALR, an upgraded 773ER from Air India.

VT-SCG-20R-26-06-2010.jpg

Soon after, this cute baby came in with some black clouds opening up a small area to show off the lovely blue sky. This is VT-SCG, an A319.

B-HKJ-20R-26-06-2010.jpg

Right after the baby bus landed, this dirty and ugly looking Cathay Pacific Cargo 744 with rego of B-HKJ landed. For us spotters, we will still appreciate your presence even if you're dirty, ugly, or rotten!

9M-FYE-20R-26-06-2010.jpg

The last series of my shot for today is this little ATR72 carrying our fellow MW member, Hon Kit to SIN. Effectively it is my first ever shot of a turbo prob and it had to happen in SIN :clapping:

Looking forward to see more pictures from the others. Have a great day ahead! :drinks:

Great stuff there guys, I can imagine a.nut screeners will be yawning in their screening room seeing all the line up from the beach shots haha.. I wonder any of us ever get the rejection "common" before? Love the blue sky guys... :drinks:

Any shots that are not soo common, such as nose.. diff angles, close up like (kian Hongs)or even landing gears? Keep em coming.. :good:

Just had my first "common" rejection this morning. A picture I took in HKG. Odd enough this is a re-edited version after the first was rejected due to sharpening issue.

Don't worry too much about A.Net - Uncle Norman has lots of stories about that. But you will get the hang of what they are looking for sooner or later. Important thing is to continue shooting and polishing your editing techniques and skills.

Here's one for Iggy:

B-5039_B737_20100626[s].jpg

And from our ASEAN neighbours in the Philippines comes this Cebu Pacific Airbus:

RP-C3240_A320_20100626.jpg

Waiping.. dont worry.. there is a reason why we now call it A.NUT.. sometimes they are just plain Nutty in their judgment.

Flee, for some reason, your photo's not loading on my browser? :help:

More more more!!