MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Pieter C.

Berlin-Tegel "Otto Lilienthal" 16oct2006

Welcome to TXL, a Berlin airport beautifully situated in a 'green' part of the city:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

How about a nice 'formation of flight' (here, geese crossing overhead TXL at around 5000-6000 feet):

IPB Image

HLX.com operates a flying billboard for Cagliari/Sardinia:

IPB Image

The Luftwaffe operates a VIP-squadron from the opposite side of TXL airport; here a Puma just after lift-off:

IPB Image

Imran, this one is for you, including in this shot is the anti-collision light:

IPB Image

One of the newest A320's of my favourite airline ;) Just look how clean the wheels are :good: :

IPB Image

to be continued...

pieter,

love the taxi look-a-like 737NG.... and of course the nice clean air berlin, awaiting for more ;)

pieter,

awaiting for more ;)

Here we go, Kevin:

Think this is a nice front-shot of D-ABAG, with winglet + titles and 'gut' sticker next to the passenger-door:

IPB Image

JAT, the airline of Serbia, showed up in an all-white 'colour'-scheme :angry:

IPB Image

...while British Airways proudly show the flag:

IPB Image

Seth and Azuddin; this one is for you - CO's 757w just airborne from runway 08R (check the Macedonian Govt LJ in the background):

IPB Image

Gibby, you'll certainly LOVE these body-lines:

IPB Image

This is how the French spell Google on a brand-new A318 :lol:

IPB Image

The Luftwaffe operated this Transall into TXL for a short while; check the prop-wash :yahoo:

IPB Image

Another military jet: a Learjet operated by the US Forces

IPB Image

Hope you enjoyed this day-trip to Berlin/Germany ;)

The Luftwaffe operated this Transall into TXL for a short while; check the prop-wash :yahoo:

IPB Image

Hey Pieter,

Nice shots from Berlin.. :good:

I like the shot of the Aircraft Quoted..Is that aircraft also know as the Carabou..??

Hi Pieter, thanks for sharing the real birds flying in formation. :clapping:

I wonder how many return hits yo uwill get with the French Gugl :p

I like the shot of the Aircraft Quoted..Is that aircraft also know as the Carabou..??

The Caribou has been produced by De Havilland Canada.

This is a Transall, built by the Germans/French and is, actually, "TransportAllianz"; she had a real nice low drone produced by these wonderful RR Tyne engines (similar to the Belfast) :good:

Pieter.... nice autumn pictures from Berlin... :good:

That Transall's engines surely produce some nice music... :lol:

Thanks for sharing... :clapping:

BTW... why no pic from Vienna?

Yes Pieter, like what Norman said, why no pictures from Vienna land? I want to see the special livery of Austrian A330 with the Violin stuff on the fuselage. Saw it in Singapore sometime back in Shanghai and Singapore in super hazy conditions.

Oh, my bad, did I say an AMS coming on 25th Oct?

was lilienthal the man who designed gliders prior to the wright brothers and died in a test flight?

Correct; there's even a small statue at the airport of the guy with wings fitted to his arms, while attempting to fly...

BTW... why no pic from Vienna?

AB had cancelled my TXL-VIE-TXL flights for yet unknown reasons (still have to send them a complaint letter to find out), but guessing they cancelled it while they rebooked me from AB to HV on the AMS-TXL-AMS flights (AB ceased the Berlin flights from AMS); they offered me a 'day-price' ticket for 444 Euros return, which I declined ofcourse (afterall it was not my fault) for a last-minute booking :angry: ...

Oh, my bad, did I say an AMS coming on 25th Oct?

No, bro, never advised me; please PM me your schedule sothat I can take a (or some) day(s) off and show you around Schiphol airport ;)

The Caribou has been produced by De Havilland Canada.

This is a Transall, built by the Germans/French and is, actually, "TransportAllianz"; she had a real nice low drone produced by these wonderful RR Tyne engines (similar to the Belfast) :good:

Thanks for Answering My Question Pieter..They Both Certainly look alike..

Uncle Pieter, any shot of the sexy 757-300?

ehh, Got Sexy 757-300 ah??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Uncle Pieter, any shot of the sexy 757-300?

Condor is only operating A320's into TXL; for 753's, you need to go to DUS or FRA :(

hey Pieter,

thats a nice goose formation you got there..... I wonder where those 2 birds down the bottom are headed.. pit stop somewhere..?

Nice Air Berlin..