MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Roszaimy

CI at KUA?

I was back from Tioman, drove my friend to KUA since he's flying back to KUL. I saw there was a CI flight scheduled to arrive in KUA around noon from TPE and depart back to TPE about 1.5 hour after arrival. I didn't stay at KUA long enough because I had to return back to Terengganu.

2 possibilities:

#1: A charter flight for Taiwanese to Club Med Cherating?

#2: Reroute due to haze?

Anyone?

Possible #1

'cos #2 is not possible... no more haze smile.gif

and normally KUL's alternates either PEN, LGK or SIN for those

international flights....KUA??? hmmm...

--

I've seen them before, charter flights from Taiwan.

And no, KUA is never an alternate because it is a no-fuel station.

It would be nice if KUA got some international traffic too since its such a popular destination now for tourist and holidaymakers.

Perhaps in my dreams :

CI (TPE-KUA-TPE) B738 2x weekly

AO (MEL-SIN-KUA) B767 2x weekly

EK (DXB-KUA-CGK) A332 1x weekly

JL (NRT-KUA-NRT) B767 1x weekly

MH (KUA-SIN-KUA) B734 3x weekly

MH (KUA-TIO-KUA) B734 7x weekly

MH (KUA-KCH-KUA) B734 7x weekly

MH (KUA-PEN-LGK) B734 7x weekly

Ok the list can go on and on.............................................................................

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

It would be nice if KUA got some international traffic too since its such a popular destination now for tourist and holidaymakers.

Perhaps in my dreams :

CI (TPE-KUA-TPE)    B738  2x weekly

AO (MEL-SIN-KUA)  B767  2x weekly

EK  (DXB-KUA-CGK) A332  1x weekly

JL  (NRT-KUA-NRT)  B767  1x weekly

MH (KUA-SIN-KUA)  B734  3x weekly

MH  (KUA-TIO-KUA)  B734  7x weekly

MH  (KUA-KCH-KUA) B734  7x weekly

MH  (KUA-PEN-LGK)  B734  7x weekly

Ok the list can go on and on.............................................................................

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

5353[/snapback]

Kandiah,

EK A332 too small laaa...letak 773ER there lerr...baru ada power! It will blow all the Kuantan birdies away! laugh.gif

Kandiah,

EK A332 too small laaa...letak 773ER there lerr...baru ada power! It will blow all the Kuantan birdies away! laugh.gif

5355[/snapback]

Too small ??? No place to park then how ? But can KUA runway take a huge aircraft like that ?

dry.gif

Too small ??? No place to park then how ? But can KUA runway take a huge aircraft like that ?

dry.gif

5357[/snapback]

KUA can receive the 773ER..no problem. Although the pilots might have to break hard and use the reversers to the max...it will still stop before smashing off the runway....

Anyways...this is a fantasy what....we can dream rite... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Biggest aircraft ever land in KUA? How do you think they send the MiG-29s?

Just a side question: are there scheduled flights between PEN and KUA? Seems to be "no" after checking MAS site, but who knows??

5386[/snapback]

KUA only has scheduled services to KUL on MH. Over the past 15 years or so I don't think KUA ever had MH service to anywhere but KUL/SZB.

During the days of Pelangi Air, they had SZB-TOD-KUA-TOD-SZB and Silk Air also briefly served KUA in the 90's.

KUA only has scheduled services to KUL on MH. Over the past 15 years or so I don't think KUA ever had MH service to anywhere but KUL/SZB.

During the days of Pelangi Air, they had SZB-TOD-KUA-TOD-SZB and Silk Air also briefly served KUA in the 90's.

5431[/snapback]

How sad that they have all stopped flying into KUA.

I am flying into KUA tomm and I am really excited although I know I can only see the aircraft I am flying in with besides the military ones.... sad.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

IMHO, KUA is way too close to KUL, to me it is a similar case with IPH, which is about 2-3 hours driving from KL. KUA is lucky enough to have scheduled flight from KUL. PEN? JB? I think not enough load.

Moreover, from my observation, a lot of my friends here in Kerteh do fly on business trips to KUL from KUA, that may already take about 50% of the passenger. Leisure travellers usually take the 4-hour express bus from KL, or drive, me think.

roszaimy?

what aircraft? seven three or the bus?

5198[/snapback]

Azahan,

I did not get to see the aircraft because the scheduled flight was supposed to land around 1:00PM and I left the airport much earlier than that. I don't think I want to spend a few hours in the relatively quiet KUA just for the China Airlines

smile.gif

Most likely it is the 737NG and normally they don't stay long.

Capt R or anyone else in the know,

How many and what other airports are there that are "no-fuel station"(s) I believe that even the remote airfields in the ulu of Malaysian Borneo have got fuel, why not KUA ?

Which leads to the question, how do they get fuel (jet A1?) to places like Bario, Marudi and the like ? Must be a logistical nightmare !

5431[/snapback]

MH used to operate SIN-KUA-SIN with the 735s.

Most likely it is the 737NG and normally they don't stay long.

5446[/snapback]

Possible. I forgot the exact schedule, but from the published ETA/ETD, the difference was indeed about 1 hour.

KUA now has a daily FY flight to Singapore, thrice daily MH flights to KUL and thrice a week FY flight to PEN. Small aircraft seems to fit KUA well. Maybe FY and OD can develop it further.

where is KUA exactly?

KUA is Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah airport or known as Kuantan Airport (WMKD)

Sign in to follow this