MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Raj

Auckland Spotting

Hey Guys, Term 2 School Holidays Jsut started..So one think that i had to do was go spotting..Will be having Holidays for only 2 Weeks, So will make the most of them. Weather on the 27th of September was Foggy..Very Thick fog around the Airport but it cleared as the day went on..Few Flights were diverted and some caught me by suprise..ANyway hee are some shots from Yesterday..

First Up, Royal Brunei just Taxied out to Take-off as I arrived..As you can see in the background the fog was very thick..

IPB Image

Passing the X-Marker

IPB Image

Moment's away from Powering Offfff...

IPB Image

ZK-JNO making it's way through the Fog..

IPB Image

Finally Managed to clear the fog with some Vapour Trailing of the edge of the wings

IPB Image

This was the Highlight of the Day for Me..Mike Romeo Hotel Just comming out from the Fog..

IPB Image

Cloud of COndensation Formed over the Wings..And too My Suprise it had the VMY 2007 Sticker.. :yahoo: :yahoo: This made my day..

IPB Image

No Fog Problems for the Little Guys as their Approach was alot lower..

IPB Image

Another BabyBoeing Trying to Clear the Fog..

IPB Image

Few More shots to Come..Hope u enjoyed them so far.. :D

Sorry About the Bad Light..

Edited by Raj

Really nice vapour shots, Raj: looking forward to some more ;)

Really nice vapour shots, Raj: looking forward to some more ;)

Hey Pieter, Glad you like them..Will post more soon..Stay Tuned.. :D

raj, those are some awesome shots man...can't wait to see more... :yahoo: :yahoo:

Hey Nor Sani, Thanks man. Will Be posting More Soon.

raj..its time to visit yer country mate :D

Hey Edwin, How'z it goin??

Do come man..I'll be waiting.. :lol:

raj..its time to visit yer country mate

Only if he holds a NZ passport, which he doesn't :p

Raj, next time please create a more creation subject line :p

Lovely Raj... love the foggshoting... Esp love the NZ props on finals.. it suits the livery well :clapping: :drinks:

Hey nice shots Raj! Thanks for sharing! Waiting for more!!

Was that vapor coming out from the engine 1 of Royal Brunei in the first photo?

Raj excellent shots from NZ, mana the RBA take off???? :pardon:

Yeah love the the fog effect, I like it much, hope to see the one with clear sky soon :good:

Think, it's the reflection of a white building/structure in the heat-wave only :mellow: ;)

Only if he holds a NZ passport, which he doesn't :p

Raj, next time please create a more creation subject line :p

Aussie PR count? ive got one :drinks:

Aussie PR count? ive got one

Prolly not. We have NZ PR visa and permits but we don't carry their nationality. However we have the same rights as a NZer, but not politically. I guess you have to be the citizen of a country in order to call it "your" country, technically we can't even write "New Zealander" on official documents under the nationality "fill in the blank" section, to begin with. Try and write that and you will only get into trouble. Not sure what you guys think, however :D Thats a complicated one nowdays.

Edited by S V Choong

Since PR holder not entitle for the passport, of course they can't call themselve a New Zelander or Australian.

Since PR holder not entitle for the passport, of course they can't call themselve a New Zelander or Australian.

Negative. If a PR holder lives long enough in the said country, they are entitled to the citizenship and passport. We only had to take the step to apply for it and swear in front of a naturalisation ceremony. As for me, I am already qualified to have that since more than a decade ago. If I do decide to apply for it, it means I will be losing my Malaysian citizenship for good(either you renounce it or wait to be caught). I am sure many of you would be aware of this :)

Edited by S V Choong

Raj,

great shots there...in particular of the MH Triple breaking out from the fog. Good stuff!!

Agree here.

They are nice,expecially the first shot of Romeo Hotel :good: :good: :clapping:

Raj, love your Romeo Hotel.... share more soon

Hey Kevin, Thanks man..More comming ur way..

Lovely Raj... love the foggshoting... Esp love the NZ props on finals.. it suits the livery well :clapping:

Hey Ignatius, Glad you like them.Just like you, I like to spot when it's Foggy too.Can have some nice effects on the planes..

Hey nice shots Raj! Thanks for sharing! Waiting for more!!

Think, it's the reflection of a white building/structure in the heat-wave only :mellow: ;)

Hey Chan, Your Welcome..More Shots Comming..

As for your Question, Pieter has Answered it for you..Thanks Pieter..

Raj excellent shots from NZ, mana the RBA take off????

Yeah love the the fog effect, I like it much, hope to see the one with clear sky soon :good:

Hey Seth, Thanks mate..I think i need a 500mm + lens to get RBA taking-off..Sadly i didn't have one.. :(

And also as soon as it took off it went straight into the fog..Couldn't see it at all..

Raj,

Mana SQ? Hehehe.....great shots there...in particular of the MH Triple breaking out from the fog. Good stuff!!

Hey LeeCH, Sorry man no SQ Jumbo man..I think it came in earlier or it was diverted to CHC..

GLad you like the MH shot..Will try and get SQ for u next week..

Aussie PR count? ive got one

Hey Edwin, this does count..SV is lost..All u need now is a return Ticket..But to be on the Safe side just give the NZ High Commision in K.L. a call and find out from them.

Raj, nice shots from U @@@!!!!!!! :drinks:

Hey Andrew, Thanks man..

Agree here.

They are nice,expecially the first shot of Romeo Hotel :good: :clapping:

Hey Min Chun, Glad you Like them..More comming..

More shots..

Oscar Golf Papa Comming in from Sydney as QF163..

IPB Image

Then EK came in..First of 3 Ek Flights

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5825243

Just love the Engines on the A345..

IPB Image

Next up this Bombardier Came in..

IPB Image

What a great way to fly.. :p Nice livery tho..This is for u Liam..

IPB Image

Seconds away from Touchdown.

IPB Image

Then Time Came for Korean Air to depart back to Incheon..

IPB Image

Crossing the X Marker..

IPB Image

Then Time also came for Romeo Hotel to depart..Bye bye..

IPB Image

And the Last Shot for the Day, The Arrival of Golf India with some Storm Clouds developing in the Background..

IPB Image

Thanks guys for all ur comments..

Edited by Raj

Raj, finally the "Visit Malaysia Year 2007" title aye?

Next time we should go to spot at Whenuapai Air base. NZAA is getting boring.... I wanna spotting the RNZAF 757-200s :D

Don't forget there's an airshow next year at Whenuapai on 31 March and 1 April 07. I will go but not sure if you will still be here!! :D

Where's my EVA Air A330-200 :p They are flying in Mon, Wed, Fri if I am not wrong. Read the book the other day and EVA used to send their 767-300s to NZAA during the 90s. Air NZ will fly to Taipei during the Southern summer schedule and EVA doing the Northern summer schedule. Nowdays Air NZ does not fly to TPE anymore which left EVA Air to enjoy the monopoly.

Edited by S V Choong

Well done, Raj!!

Never mind the bad weather, a different kind of effect will submerge.

Proven here: Foggy weather (not hazy) gives you chances to catch shots of vapour trail/condensation etc. :good:

Don't forget there's an airshow next year at Whenuapai on 31 March and 1 April 07. I will go but not sure if you will still be here!! :D

Will keep that in mind for my future AU/NZ planning: would love to visit that airshow as part of the visit - hope you'll still be there so we can meet ;)

Pieter, I will leaving NZ for good between end of 2007 to early 2008 after I have successfully completed my Masters.

Pieter, if you want to visit the airshow at Whenuapai you better be quick. RNZAF is going to scale down their operations and size (scrapping the airforce) and move to Ohakea Air base. The shift is to be done by 2010. Also, this might be one of the last few air show at Auckland, since the fate of Whenuapai Air base (the original Auckland International airport from 1945 to 1965) is unknown. There are plans to turn it into a second domestic airport but faced strong opposition by Auckland International airport at Mangere.

On average the air show happens one per every two years. I missed the one during 2005. I ain't gonna miss it this time.