MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ewan Shamsudin

IPH by air

IPH runway is really too short. I think less than 6000ft if I'm not mistaken.

Try the old Tawau airport, only 5,800ft. That still didn't stop the 732s, 734s and 735s charging through the runway. :D

Houses may be demolished to make way for airport

News Update by The Star News Desk

IPOH: Perak is willing to demolish houses to extend the Sultan Azlan Shah Airport runway here, said Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamad Tajol Rosli Ghazali.

He said if this was what it took to have the runway extended, the state would do it.

“We will build new houses for the residents if we have to take over their homes. We have land in the vicinity.

“That is why we have not given out land in the area,” he said yesterday, adding that the state would not consider building a new airport to replace the current one.

Speaking at a news conference after handing over keys to owners of Lembah Perpaduan Permai in Tambun here today, Tajol Rosli said AirAsia and other airlines must demonstrate their commitment and operate from the airport.

“Otherwise, the investment (of extending the runway and building the houses) would not be justified,” he said.

Tajol Rosli said the state needed to upgrade the runway so that airlines which wanted to fly from here to places likes Madras and Guangzhou could do so.

AirAsia chief executive officer Datuk Tony Fernandes recently announced that the airline was suspending its four times a week Ipoh-Senai flights starting tomorrow.

One of the reasons given for this was that the runway was not long enough for its Airbus.

Tajol Rosli said he would meet Transport Minister Datuk Seri Chan Kong Choy to discuss the matter.

“The minister has been very accommodating and co-operative. On his part, he is trying his best to help the state better utilise the airport,” he said.

Sorry can't help to notice the difference between B.M. and B.I.

BM - BI

Isnin - Senin (Mon.)

Selasa - Selasa (Tue.)

Rabu - Rabu (Wed)

Kahmis - Kamis (Thu.)

Jumaat - Jumat (Fri.)

Sabtu - Sabtu (Sat.)

Ahad - Minggu (Sun.)

Probably end up like old Twu, being abandoned and build another airport outside Ipoh. More cost effective that way. I believe the government cannot arbitary tell people to move elsewhere, unless if the land is stateowned or Sultan-owned. There is no such thing as "the government is willing to", IMHO.

Edited by S V Choong

Hhhmm, lot lot of houses will be demolished...

click here to see the image..

Wow, i'm surprised that there many houses around the airport...this is bad planning man...this people never plan properly one ar...how is the A380 going to land? :help: :help: =@ :yahoo: :yahoo:

LOL

BM - BI

Isnin - Senin (Mon.)

Selasa - Selasa (Tue.)

Rabu - Rabu (Wed)

Kahmis - Kamis (Thu.)

Jumaat - Jumat (Fri.)

Sabtu - Sabtu (Sat.)

Ahad - Minggu (Sun.)

Correct spelling for Kamis (BI) in Bahasa Melayu is "Khamis". And Jumaat (BM) in Bahasa Indonesia should be "Jum'at", pronounce as Jum-at :)

(1)..... I believe the government cannot arbitary tell people to move elsewhere

(2) ..... There is no such thing as "the government is willing to"

(1) As I've mentined before, you've been away too long from this part of the world ! :D

(2) You may be surprised how 'willing' the govt can get if 'permutations' are favourable :)

(1) As I've mentined before, you've been away too long from this part of the world !

(2) You may be surprised how 'willing' the govt can get if 'permutations' are favourable

Thanks for reminding me, BC. Once again, I have forgotten how things are "handled" over at Malaysia :p Yes away for far too long!

Sign in to follow this