MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mushrif A

An-225 & Buran to SZB?

It's in March.. Once arrive, it will be park and prepare for the exhibition in June. I've received a pamphlet from one of the official who came to METC for some promotion.

Page 1, Page 2

Ok, my mistake...

errmm, i have something that may shock you....

click here ---> http://www.buran.ru/images/jpg/bbur90.jpg

recognize something familiar..?

Whoa, Buran and US space shuttle are both covered with ceramic tiles. Also, space shuttle is also known as a "flying brickyard" in the US. That's why scrapping a space shuttle or Buran is like demolishing a six story building. you can see there's more dirts then metals.

Once arrive, it will be park and prepare for the exhibition in June.

So, that giant will stay at SZB for 3 month ???

So, that giant will stay at SZB for 3 month ???

Yep.. thats what I was told.. Still waiting for confirmation on her arrival.. :pardon:

"Buran" could stay in SZB as long as it wants.

An-225, if it ever comes, will leave as soon as the cargo is offloaded. It got jobs to do.

I believe most of us here is more interested in the Mriya rather than the mock Buran.

I am interested in the An-225 because the Mriya has never been to Malaysia before :pardon: ;) .

Has the Mriya been to Malaysia before? :help:

Edited by Andrew Ong

Guest Fendy

latest i recieved... arrival date delayed to mid march,10+, still waiting for approvals

latest i recieved... arrival date delayed to mid march,10+, still waiting for approvals

Thanks Fendy for the info.

Now I can plan my work schedule for next week by putting AN-225 aside . :rolleyes:

Guest Fendy

latest info i rcv. bad news

buran might be coming buy ship. booo. cannot get permit to fly from mid east. they are giving it one more try.

buran might be coming buy ship. booo. cannot get permit to fly from mid east. they are giving it one more try.

Bugger, Hopefully they get the Permit.

My mates at SHJ said the landing clearance paperwork have been signed and chopped... :blink: :blink: Apparently the UAE DCA have given the go-ahead...

What other arab countries would the AN225 fly through?

At MATTA fair, they were already selling tickets for the exhibition. Adult tickets were going for RM40 promotional rate up to end of April. Absence of Mriya is a huge letdown.

its confirmed, no mriya. buran coming in by ship :angry: :angry:

Not good :blink: :( :angry: :angry:

:angry: That's sucks big time!!! :angry:

And they can start taking down all the banners n billboards with AN-225 in it.

Edited by kianhong

Guest Levent

What a shame. The An-225 is a fantastic aircraft. I saw her at the Paris Air Show in either 1995 or 2001, I am not sure now. It's certainy much more impressive than the A380, in my opinion.

So is there any more info on this 2-month aviation exhibition in KL? Will there be static and flying displays?

Guest Levent

Oh, so it's just about space, no 'earthly' aviation? That's a shame... Will have to wait till Langkawi in December then!

I guess many have forgotten about this event. Well, forget longer.... Now even the event has been postponed! Quote from website at http://www.mia2007.com/:

The Malaysia International Aerospace Adventure 2007 (MIA 2007) will be held in Kuala Lumpur from 5th June 2007 to 7th August 2007. (The date of the event has been postponed and the new date to be announced soon)

is the Buran in town yet? I wondered the late delivery of the Buran is the main reason of delay?

Sign in to follow this