MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Pieter C.

Which Middle-East airline would you choose

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Middle-East airline would you choose between KUL and LHR and why ???

• Emirates
    • Etihad
    • Gulfair
    • Qatar

Guys,

As you know, the M-E carriers are competing heavily for the European-Far Eastern passengers !

If you had a choice on the LHR-KUL (or v.v.) route, which one would you choose and why ?

I guess Emirates..... wanna stop in Dubai for some clear sky spotting...!!! And I've heard nice things about their service.

KUL-DXB on EK 77W and AUH-UK on EY wit their 77W also :good:

I choose EY, they looks awesome from the pixs I saw :drinks:

Definitely EY as they have young new fleets.

If I want to choose based on the artisitic point of view, it will be QR -- Love their red uniform and their goat logo.

Will only consider EK if they operate the flights with A345 (saw that in PER, looks superb & elegant).

Will only consider EK if they operate the flights with A345 (saw that in PER, looks superb & elegant).
A345 here? they're few and far between...only 1 ever scheduled in here, and 4 diversions thus far. We get crappy A343's which have turned me away from EK! Can't wait for next month when 4 of the 11 go to 772's, (increasing to 7 of 14 from Oct 31) and Dec 1 when the remaining A343's are booted in favour of 77W!

Out of KL...QR! Just love them!

Out of KL...QR! Just love them!

Not shown in the votes, sofar :huh:

i vote Qatar because their airbuses look sexy :D .

Why not EK? I have tried them already and in my opinion, first class equipment, third class service.

Sofar, UAE airlines doing quite good...never flew any of them, but livery-wise it's gotta be QR: love the bordeaux red (maybe, that's why I love AB also ? :huh: ), especially the new scheme on the A346 :good:

I'd go for QR. Was very impressed when I flew them to CDG. Although I do have to admit the only other ME carriers I've flown are EK and RJ. Having said that, the new F seats on Etihad look very nice. :D

Since I'm only meant to pick one - QR it is since I've actually flown them before.

Edited by Keith T

I would go for Qatar. Heard from some people who were on both Emirates and Qatar flights and they all said Qatar is better.

I tried Emirates earlier this year on LGW-DXB-KUL vv, they were good too, I like their huge PTV and generous serving of inflight meals. Cabin crew were friendly and informal. The let down is their seat width on 777 (10 abreast vs 9 abreast on MH and SQ), which can be quite uncomfortable even if you have an average size person sitting next to you.

Contrary to the pre-conceived idea of many members here....I chose Etihad instead of Emirates (lets hope they dont revoke my sponsorships :rofl: ).

The main reason being that at this point in time, I feel its high time I start experiencing different airlines instead of being so damn monotonous and continuously flying Emirates everywhere, even though the flights are near-free.

Im planning to fly back to Dubai this December and am planning to travel on this itinerary providing the financier and the Almighty agree to it...

KUL-CGK -> on EK...if im lucky...Kayyy Elll Emmmm... :yahoo:

CGK-AUH -> Who else but EY's 77W!

Then from AUH-DXB...I'll just hop on their complimentary bus straight to my house! Fantastic eh?

GF...Their A340-300's are quite awesome. However, their meal service disappoints even the strictest of dieticians. :(

QR...Lovely A300's! Cabin Crew...depends on the sector really. The best ones are found on regional flights as they're most probably the new recruits who are fresh and full of energy ; not to mention "spunk" :p

All four seem pretty cool to me but I choose Emirates because its fleet seems pretty diverse and huge... Haven't tried any of the airlines though and so my vote is based on what is visible...

Edited by Teoh Z Yao

Aww.... the QR flight info on its website has changed, the flight I booked is no longer operated by A346, but a A332. Kinda disappointed, but hopefully the A332 has satelitte tv onboard!

Out of the 4 airlines listed, i've flown with only EK and QR.

Flew in EK 772 EY, in the 3-4-3 setting. The seat pitch is great (34"), complain nothing about the seat width as it feels exactly like the EY seat on 737/757. The IFE is amazing. I have no comment on their inflight service, it's not great but not terribel either.

Flew QR AB6 EY, seat pitch is terrible. Foods served were so-so.

Will choose EK over QR to LHR because of the greater seat pitch in EY on EK.

WARNING WARNING !

EK will increase the capacity to KUL by deploying the 77W starting this Winter. This new 77W will only feature the traditional cradle Biz seat (50" of pitch, 6 rows in 2-3-2 = 42 Biz seats) and there will be 400 seats in EY with LESS PITCH. The arrangement in EY will still be in the 3-4-3 set up but will feature ONLY 31" of pitch instead of 34" of pitch (all of the current EK 77W in service now still have 34" of pitch in EY) !!!!

**The EK 77W with tighter pitch (31" instead of 34") is labelled as B777-300ER ULR.

3-class B777-300ER ULR

- First Class > 12 seats (flatbed)

- Business > 42 seats (lie-flat, 60" of pitch)

- Economy > 304 seats (31" of pitch ONLY)

2-class B777-300ER ULR

- Business > 42 seats (cradle, 50" of pitch)

- Economy > 400 seats (31" of pitch ONLY)

Hmmm... this is my flight schedule:

Qatar Airways (QR 621)

dep: 07:45 - Kuala Lumpur (KUL) terminal

arr: 10:10 - Doha (DOH) terminal

equipment: Airbus Industrie A300-600/600C

Qatar Airways (QR 001)

dep: 12:30 - Doha (DOH) terminal

arr: 17:55 - London (LHR) terminal 3

equipment: Airbus Industrie A330-200

Do you guys think 2 hours 20 minutes interval is sufficient?

Does A300-600 have PTV? Or it's an overhead one? If there's no PTV, and usage of laptop/camera is not allowed in the cabin, then what am I going to do in that (how many hours?) flight to DOH?

Do you guys think 2 hours 20 minutes interval is sufficient?

Does A300-600 have PTV? Or it's an overhead one? If there's no PTV, and usage of laptop/camera is not allowed in the cabin, then what am I going to do in that (how many hours?) flight to DOH?

Sit tight and enjoy your flight :pardon:

No. QR AB6 aren't equipped with PTV. They only have the overhead TV. Seat pitch is terrible on their 2-class AB6.

I have no choice, it seems that every KUL-DOH flight is opearted by AB6. Wow thats a big blow. Do they allow the usage of laptop/cameras onboard then?

On QR...its not a problem.

Like I said...grab an EK flight. :pardon: :lol: Book Online...and get a free night's stay in Dubai.

Tempted to top up another MYR200 to switch to EK. But accoridng to their website, KUL-DXB would be on A332. Not B773ER?

Btw, anyone been on AB6? How was the flight? Comfortable? Quiet?