MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Teh

Malaysia Airport Scores At IATA Slots

Read about this in the magazine KL Lifestyle ... Malaysia Airport AIRLINK section... July Edition

------------------------------------------------

The 118th International Air Transport Association Schedules Conference, commonly known as IATA SLOTS, was held in Vancouver, Canada last month. Held twice a year, this event sees airlines meeting each other to finalize their schedules for the following season.

This year saw over 300 airlines participating in the event at the beautiful Westin Bayshore Hotel. Malaysia Airports was represented by Senior manager Marketing Mr Mohamed Sallauddin Mat Sah; Operation Manager (KLIA) Mr. Baharuddin Atan, and Manager Market Development Ms. Nik Aniza Nik Saghir.

A regular participant at this event, MAHB had its usual booth to promote KL International Airport and other airports in Malaysia and sponsored the Malaysian slot coordinator's room. The Malaysian delegation participated in the coordination meetings as observers, and had excellent opportunities to touch base with representatives of airlines currently operating into KLIA and prospective airline customers.

The MAHB team is pleased to report positive responses from several airlines, including Etihad, Hainan Airlines and a couple of regional airlines from China. Finnair and Kuwait Airways reconfirmed their plan to come into KLIA very soon. If the IATA Slots event in Canada is any indication, this year ahead is going to see new airlines, more flights and more connectivity for the world's best airport in its category.

This is Good News for KLIA and Spotters..

But all i can say is that most of these New Airlines that fly to KUL, After a WHile will keep reducing their Frequency or Stop Flying.In the Past, Transaero,Thai Sky etc..

But Overall Good News if Everything Worksout..

Etihad, Hainan Airlines and a couple of regional airlines from China. Finnair and Kuwait Airways reconfirmed their plan to come into KLIA very soon

Too many Middle East at KUL :pardon:

A couple regional airlines from China, hmmmmm, this one interest me :good:

Good for KUL to promote, hope we can see at least one airline from North America, Central America, South America, Autralia/NZ and Africa.........

But all i can say is that most of these New Airlines that fly to KUL, After a WHile will keep reducing their Frequency or Stop Flying.In the Past, Transaero,Thai Sky etc..

Exactly what I thought.................next in my thoguht, LH :help:

Edited by Seth K

Exactly what I thought.................next in my thoguht, LH help.gif

Why would you say LH? Are the loads to KUL that low to sustain?

To add to the long list of suspended services....Shenzen Airlines...no longer see them in the schedule. Why??

Also by March '07, OS will no longer be here. :(

But from what I gathered, some airlines did or will increase frequency marginally...namely BI; IR; BG; MK; VN and most recently EK (9 flights weekly by Sept.)

But all in all I think, this year hasn't been great for KLIA.

Exactly what I thought.................next in my thoguht, LH help.gif

Even though LH stopped serving KUL, I don't think they will do now, when OS will be stopping: lot's of Austrian passengers will transit in MUC now for KUL (via BKK)...

My dad flew this route 4 times and it is half empty, most pax got off at BKK, on the way to KUL, there is only 4 or so pax in BIZ................and flight is half empty on 346, I assume it deosn't make money ;) May be they not going to stop or send the 343 instead :) IAH will get LH 346, may be we can see equipment change at KUL..........

Edited by Seth K

My dad flew this route 4 times and it is half empty, most pax got off at BKK, on the way to KUL, there is only 4 or so pax in BIZ................and flight is half empty on 346, I assume it deosn't make money ;) May be they not going to stop or send the 343 instead :) IAH will get LH 346, may be we can see equipment change at KUL..........

from 346... they changed to 747... i assume the load is quite okay for KUL but half?

May be a daily 343 flight from either FRA or MUC non-stop to KUL is better ?

from 346... they changed to 747... i assume the load is quite okay for KUL but half?

I believe the extra capacity is for passengers to/ex-BKK.

LH upgraded 346 to 744 is for the load between MUC and BKK. Normal pax load on LH between KUL and MUC can’t justify a 734.

Due to limited yield, KUL can only hope for European or American airline to extend their service from BKK and SIN or piggy back on CGK or MNL.

by the way guys....LH flies from FRA to KUL on 744....not MUC to KUL.

Opps! I was on MUC/KUL last november. Didn't check current schedule.

by the way guys....LH flies from FRA to KUL on 744....not MUC to KUL.

MUC-KUL passengers will have to change planes at BKK (and continue on the FRA-BKK-KUL flight).

Sign in to follow this