MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

Condy Rice arrives

That spunky gal, Condy, should be in town now. Hope our spotters are in action - KLIA or Subang?

.naim

+++

MidEast diplomacy shifts to Asia as Rice flies in

27 Jul 2006 01:48:26 GMT

Source: Reuters

By Jonathan Lynn

KUALA LUMPUR, July 27 (Reuters) - Efforts to end fighting in Lebanon move to Asia on Thursday as U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice flies to Malaysia for a regional security meeting.

[... text snipped to prevent flame war here ...]

Rice is due to arrive in Kuala Lumpur at 0600 GMT.

Edited by Naim

From what I heard, she's travelling on the USMC BBJ, which was recently shot by camera at LHR by a fellow MW-spotter ;)

From what I heard, she's travelling on the USMC BBJ, which was shot recently shot at LHR by a fellow MW-spotter ;)

'Shot' by a camera I hope, not by a Katyusha. :lol:

.naim

Yes, she's now in town, and Subang's the place.

July 27, 2006 14:39 PM

Rice Arrives For Talks With ARF Colleagues

KUALA LUMPUR, July 27 (Bernama) -- United States Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice arrived here Thursday for dialogue with her Asean colleagues and those in the Asean Regional Forum (ARF), which she skipped last year.

The special U.S. Air Force jet that flew her here touched at the airport in Subang at 2.20pm.

Rice, who is on her first visit to Malaysia, was received by Foreign Ministry officials.

She was accompanied by European Union Council Secretary-General Javier Solana and Canadian Foreign Minister Peter Mackey.

[... rest of text snipped to prevent flame war here ...]

.naim

Ah, no Air Force one!!!!!! ;) Man, there will be protest all over the place...............

Protests? That's part of the circus, what? See:

http://www.zeenews.com/articles.asp?aid=311713&sid=WOR

.naim

That b*tch has blood on her hands over the war in Iraq & Afghanistan. War criminals don't deserve VIP treatment in Malaysia :angry:

Please keep politics out. Am interested only in the planes lah, so do not hijack this thread.

There must be a number of rare VIP planes around (KUL/SZB). I read the Iranian FM arrived just before Condy.

.ny

Please keep politics out. Am interested only in the planes lah, so do not hijack this thread.

There must be a number of rare VIP planes around (KUL/SZB). I read the Iranian FM arrived just before Condy.

.ny

Well said, naim, before I have to 'lock' this topic :o

Anyone care to share some pictures lateron of SZB planes ?

BBJ is all-white with no titles markings whatsoever except for the winglets... :(

These VIP Planes would be Parked at Terminal 3 rite??

BBJ? A B737 right?

H Azmal,

Yes it is a B737..Like RMAF B737..

And it is a BBJ..Like Pieter Mentioned..

IPB Image

Not the one in Subang though :p Caught this last weekend, I'm assuming Pieter is refering to this one?

Edited by Edwin P K

IPB Image

Not the one in Subang though :p Caught this last weekend, I'm assuming Pieter is refering to this one?

Yep, was referring to this one, but why not ?

A lightly loaded BBJ can easily do a ROM-KUL stretch :good:

Although, last Spring, I saw a USoA Boeing 757 (VC???) with her in Berlin-Tegel, so might as well be that one...

Sorry, what is a BBJ?

Boeing Business Jet, the one you just posted a picture of :p

Is it the internet connection on my campus slow or is the forum overloaded? It seems to take eternity to post a msg... <_>

Anyway, Rice is here, huh! Has anyone spotted her jet at Subang? I'm sure shortly there will be tons of information regarding the jet's whereabouts and its schedule... MW guys are everywhere! :clapping: :drinks:

Yes, do keep everyone posted with any information of the whereabouts of the plane and its schedule. Hope to spot it at least when it departs... :clapping:

Yesterday in the news Condi was in Rome, and her ride was a blue (like AF 1) widebody. Probably a 757, therefore I expect it to be the same one. Will be nice if one of us can get a photo no matter what the quality is.

Also heard on the radio just now the Iranian president (?) is also here for an unannounced visit. Again, what will be the ride? Where does it land? Lots of mysteries around....

This is the plane. So it must be easy to spot at SZB. Unless she changed planes in Rome.

Rome, 25/7/06

IPB Image

Rome, 25/7/06

IPB Image

Larnaca, 24/7/06. She then hopped onto a chopper for the shuttle to Beirut.

IPB Image

Larnaca, 24/7/06

IPB Image

.ny

Hey! Thanks for the info! Great!! :clapping:

Haha... I'm wondering what is the feeling when the whole plane is mine at the monent... Haha...

Thanks again! :drinks:

This is the plane. So it must be easy to spot at SZB. Unless she changed planes in Rome.

Yes, it's the same plane at SZB. I saw it on TV3 news just now, but too late to snap a pic! :pardon:

.naim

Just watched the news, it's 757 better than what LHR got :D

Saw lots of Secret Service with their popular police-style-glasses. How long she's be here anyway?

Why they brought the 757? Because to carry all this guards and wasting gov. money ;)

Haha... I'm wondering what is the feeling when the whole plane is mine at the monent... Haha...

Then you will feel like the most powerful women on earth :good:

Edited by Seth K

I wonder if that means the plane she travels on is called Airforce 3, 4, 5 or 6? I don't suppose she gets to travel on the Presidential 747?

Japanese Emperor and Prime Ministers alike gets to travel on the JSDF 747. :)

Then you will feel like the most powerful women on earth :good:

LOL. I would like to see Condy and Oprah catfight on Jerry Springer's mud pool special for Most Powerful Woman on Earth title. :lol: Joking.

It would be hilarious if they do a parody of it. Add in Hilary Clinton and Barbara Bush would be quite interesting fatal fourway. *Stopped breathing over excessive laughing*

On aside note, anyone caught the plane yet?

Edited by Adrian M

LOL. I would like to see Condy and Oprah catfight on Jerry Springer's mud pool special for Most Powerful Woman on Earth title. :lol: Joking.

It would be hilarious if they do a parody of it. Add in Hilary Clinton and Barbara Bush would be quite interesting fatal fourway. *Stopped breathing over excessive laughing*

On aside note, anyone caught the plane yet?

Oprah-too rich

Barbara-Bush main supporter

Hilary-Too ambitious

Condy-Just enjoying life...................sending Bush agenda around the world

I wonder if that means the plane she travels on is called Airforce 3, 4, 5 or 6? I don't suppose she gets to travel on the Presidential 747?

When she's travelling with President, sure she can get the big jumbo. But, doubt Bush kind enough to give that women a 747 just for visiting( A good way to spend people money!!). Again, Bush like to travel even 100 miles trip he uses his 747, less than few miles, the big chopper is his ride :help: If Bush come to Malaysia, here what KUL will see, 2 747 AF2, 757, 737.........and charter a few :good:

Btw, dunno people call her Condy, like it :rofl:

2 747 AF2, 757, 737.........and charter a few :good:

Not to forget the usual C-5 and C17 transports for bringing his limo's :good:

Chartered 747's usually for the press..