MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
simon T

The pilot occupation = blue-collar worker?

Some people like to view pilots as merely bus drivers..heck some pilots even call themselves drivers! does this mean that pilots are actually blue-collar workers with a specialized skill to fly a plane?and i know a few airlines in this world(either cargo or pax,can't remember)actually has a blue color uniform for its pilots,just like public bus drivers in some first-world countries..As far as i know,white-collar workers are a bunch who mostly work in offices and dont get their hands dirty doing 'manual' labour..

what say you? :pardon:

p/s:dont get me wrong..i love my job..whether it's categorized as blue-collar or white-collar..it's not important.. this is only a NBTD(nothing better to do) discussion.. :p

Edited by simon T

heck, i call driver sometimes. No disregard, just for fun.

I dont care whta collar it is, i still want to be a pilot!

heck, i call driver sometimes. No disregard, just for fun.

I dont care whta collar it is, i still want to be a pilot!

Ya..agree with walter, no matter what color it is...pilot is what i wan to be.... :drinks: :drinks:

My view:

Airline pilots are somewhat, to a certain extent, drivers. They fly fixed routes. Ok, probably some variety, but still fixed if you know what I mean. They don't fly to where they want to, but where they're told to.

But hey, aircraft is a HUGE bus! Luxurious, maybe, but certainly huge and more sophisticated than buses!

Pilots are professionals. You can't just hop onto one of the aircraft sitting on the ground, turn on the switches and start rolling down the runway and expect to come back in one piece.

Doesn't matter if the job is blue/white/yellow/green collar - the important thing is that you love your job and you enjoy what you're doing!

My collar is definitely white. Only turns blue once every six months while doing a base check in the simulator.

Well said, doesn't matter what color is your collar. As long as you are happy with the job, that is great. Just that my job is what I like most and it rewards quite handsomely too.

My collar is definitely white. Only turns blue once every six months while doing a base check in the simulator.

Well said, doesn't matter what color is your collar. As long as you are happy with the job, that is great. Just that my job is what I like most and it rewards quite handsomely too.

Agree 100 %

yup..planes can only be flown safely with the utmost professionalism from the flight crew..

but when i see the public bus drivers,cab drivers,or train operators on the road/track,i have the feeling of 'closeness' with them as we're just technically doing the same thing!transporting people from point A to point B as safely and as efficiently as possible! :drinks: cheers! but then some bus drivers are just plain rude. :angry:

Simon, r u pilot? MH?

back to topic, i don care too... every colour also same. :) just depend on ur interest.

mine is white but it turns black if i keep wearing them for days lah! haha

Eeeuuuwww~~~ Wash them la~~ :rofl:

Simon, r u pilot? MH?

back to topic, i don care too... every colour also same. :) just depend on ur interest.

yes,with MH..

for now i wouldn't want to switch to any other airline..it's great working under MH..at least i'm satisfied and happy.. :) although it's a very 'old' aircraft i'm flying in the airline!some a/c fly out-of-trim while on autopilot..thrust levers not symmetrical to archieve symmetrical thrust.. :rofl: ..and general worn-out look of the flight deck..

"old" aircraft is fine as long you are a paid pilot. Most important is that end of the day you have meal on your table. And of course nothing comparable to personal satisfaction for the love of aviation!

yes,with MH..

for now i wouldn't want to switch to any other airline..it's great working under MH..at least i'm satisfied and happy.. :) although it's a very 'old' aircraft i'm flying in the airline!some a/c fly out-of-trim while on autopilot..thrust levers not symmetrical to archieve symmetrical thrust.. :rofl: ..and general worn-out look of the flight deck..

agree, work with MAS also can satisfy me. unless MAS don wan me. :(

Sign in to follow this