MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Pieter C.

The oldest F-27 Friendship (c/n 10105) still flying !!!

Guys,

Today, the Lelystad Airport had an 'open day' and the oldest flyable Fokker F-27 Friendship (c/n 10105 or F5) was on display; thought of opening a 'special' topic in honour of her...other EHLE pictures will be posted in the other 'airports of the Netherlands' topic ;)

Here, the grand ol' lady is on display, basking the sunshine and 28+ degrees weather:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Always loved the pointed nose; this is how she looks like, about 2 meters in front and with 35mm:

IPB Image

and her nose-wheel looks like this with a 28mm :lol: :

IPB Image

The plane has been painted in the original NLM colours, the fore-runner of KLM cityhopper:

IPB Image

Any idea what NLM stands for ? Here's the full text on the fuselage:

IPB Image

You've all seen her good looking nose, but how about her sexy butt ?

IPB Image

Her seats are very comfortable with good pitch and all with sheepskin cover :o :

IPB Image

IPB Image

The flight safety cards are still of Aircruising Australia (and NO, I didn't 'kidnap' one):

IPB Image

Cockpit-shot of this 50 year old lady; (note the EHLE tower in the background):

IPB Image

Captain panel:

IPB Image

Engine's panel:

IPB Image

First-officer's panel:

IPB Image

Aircraft was painted in this original colour by Qaps (Quality Aircraft Painting Services):

IPB Image

Hope, you've enjoyed this series, as much as I've with great weather and good light conditions :yahoo:

WOW! What a beautiful and amazing Madame! :o

If only F50 would be treated like this...

classic!

still flying means still serving in the cityhopper fleet?

classic!

still flying means still serving in the cityhopper fleet?

Nope, but available for charter- and joy-flights; she went to the Duxford-airshow last weekend with 44 enthusiasts and was parked there, next to her successor PH-KVC ;)

Fuuh~!!! BeautifulL.. Still Flyable.. Thank Pieter for Sharing with us here... :good:

How old is she?

First flight 23MAR1958, makes her 48 years old; first delivery to Aer Lingus as EI-AKA...

Still looking great :huh: ?

Hey Pieter, Thanks for sharing ur pics on this Old F-27..

Haven't seen any flying over here in AKL, Although there are about 2 or 3 of them at the Airport.

Flying for NZ Post.

Edited by Raj

What a beautiful Ma' am... I wish our elderly ma'am's would become like this, not some scrap metals...

Edited by PC Yuen

First flight 23MAR1958, makes her 48 years old; first delivery to Aer Lingus as EI-AKA...

Still looking great :huh: ?

Yes it is,Uncle Pieter.Although now she's an old lady,but she still dance gracefully in the skies... :lol:

Older than this one, I guess....

IPB Image

XY-AEU of Myanma Airways, now derelict in VYYY. Next to it is XY-AEW and another one which rego I couldn't get.

Older than this one, I guess....

XY-AEU of Myanma Airways, now derelict in VYYY. Next to it is XY-AEW and another one which rego I couldn't get.

Captain,

XY-AEU is 10343 and XY-AEW is 10352, compared to this 10105, these are about 250 units younger :o

What a bad shape these Birmese examples are :(

Nice picture of them btw...

"Cruiser 900"!! :( Glad to see those aussies :p kept her in such good condition up until 2004 when VH-NLS was delivered to NL. FYI, the Captain who was in charge of the ferry flight was Capt. Bruce Simpson, chief of QF A330 fleet.

Pieter, might have to make the trip to see her again. Really miss seeing her pop into PER on her round australia charters. Was replaced by DH8 VH-QQC, it just isn't the same!