MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Tamizi Hj Tamby

Photos from SBW

Finally some SBW pics! :yahoo:

Tamizi or Raymond, you guys can take more pics of the front of the terminal? (looking inside would be good)

IPB Image

and side shots (both sides)?

IPB Image

Other shots would be good also. I really need these for my scenery project. sorry if i ask too much.

I'll try my best to take other shots of SBW.Luckily my eldest bro is coming home from KCH around 9.00pm...Trying to nail an AK bird...Hope that they're sending the A320.. :lol:

Tamizi, I saw people picnic by the airport! Man, good time to spend some quality time with ur love one :)

Tamizi, I saw people picnic by the airport! Man, good time to spend some quality time with ur love one :)

Agree....There was many people on that day...Most of the passengers were heading to KUL,using AK of course :lol:

On tonight,I'm going to the airport again with my family to pick my eldest brother.I'll try my best to get set of shots using my younger brother digital camera (Until i'm getting my own digital camera).

I'm hoping that i'm able to nail AK tonight...

Nope,Uncle Norman....Haven't went to the airport this morning :( Hope Raymond managed to get a shot of Foxtrot Hotel touching down at SBW :)

Tamizi,

Sorry i didn't go to the airport on Sun. Saw the pics of 9M-AFH on newspaper today. If i know that AK is sending in Foxtrot Hotel, i would have go to the airport.

Tamizi,

Sorry i didn't go to the airport on Sun. Saw the pics of 9M-AFH on newspaper today. If i know that AK is sending in Foxtrot Hotel, i would have go to the airport.

Great photo Tamizi, thanks to share all this photo with MW members!!!! :good:

I've seen the pics of Foxtrot Hotel on Borneo Post today too.Looks like both of us missed the golden moments of first A320 touching down at SBW for first time... :(

You're welcome,Andrew :lol: I'm trying to get more shots tonight,as my eldest brother is returning from KCH via MH.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Samuel,

Miri to Sibu is around 5 hours by car.

wao... 5 hours? seem like the distance just like from KK to Brunei. how about the road surface? tar or rocky?

wao... 5 hours? seem like the distance just like from KK to Brunei. how about the road surface? tar or rocky?

Not sure la,Sam.It's been a long time i haven't went to the Northern region of Sarawak.From what I heard,the road surface was mixed with tar and rocky,as the upgrading of Pan-Borneo Highway project was carried out extensively.

BTW,To all fellow MWingers,

Weather was not on my side today,as it was heavily raining in SBW right now.I'm just hoping that when i'm arrived at the airport,the weather situation was going back to normal.If the weather is still poor,I'll just take the shots of the Main Terminal Building only.

Samuel,

The road is tar, in quite good condition, speed limit is 90km/h but some good and straight part of the road, u can drive up to 110km/h safely.

During the trip, u can rest at Niah town after 1 hour from Miri or rest at Bintulu after 2.5 hours from Miri. After Bintulu, the only place that u can rest is Selangau, 1 hour from Sibu.

Hope this helps.

Wah Samuel, planning pan-Borneo expedition kah ?! Who knows, with SV Choong expected back in TWU by year end, can plan for 'scenic drive' TWU-LDU-SDK-BKI-(LBU optional)-BWN-MYY-SBW-BTU-KCH !! :yahoo:

Wah Samuel, planning pan-Borneo expedition kah ?! Who knows, with SV Choong expected back in TWU by year end, can plan for 'scenic drive' TWU-LDU-SDK-BKI-(LBU optional)-BWN-MYY-SBW-BTU-KCH !!

LOL, sure you guys wanna do that? Come to Tawau by all means :lol:

Okie dokie...As promised,here are the night shots from SBW.Thank god the rain had stopped last night and I've managed to get some shots.

Sincere apologies for the photo quality,and i had to delete some of the shots i've taken,because the photo quality was totally bad at all! (My younger brother digicam doesn't have Optical Image Stabilizer,so the shots were badly spoiled!)

The main entrance to the airport (from parking lot)

IPB Image

The view of Main Terminal Building

IPB Image

Lots of cabbies on that night

IPB Image

The airport situation was totally quiet...not many peoples,and all the shops already closed down! :angry:

IPB Image

Later,I'm heading out to the spotting ground (Where i took the F50 shots) and waiting for the incoming flights.There are 3 last flight on that night,which is 2 MH and AK flight from KUL.

The first aircraft arrived at SBW.It's MH 2407 from MYY.I'm trying to get the approach shot of this Dutch lady,But it was a total disappointment!!!! :cray: I had to call my younger bro to take the shot!

IPB Image

(Photo no.1)

IPB Image

(Photo no.2)

Later,an AK bird arrived.I thought that they're sending the A320,but they send Baby Boeing instead! Disappointed by that,I told my younger bro not to take the shot of AK Baby Boeing.Her rego is Alpha X-ray.

The last two shots of that night.It's good ol' MH Baby Boeing,arrived from Kuching,Later it parked at Gate 3.

IPB Image

(Sorry for the photo quality,guys! It was totally noisy on that time!)

IPB Image

(Parked at Gate 3 aerogate)

The inside terminal shots were taken by me,and all the aircraft shots by my younger brother.

Thank You for viewing :lol:

Just a notice here:

All the photos above are copyrights of my younger brother,Tamimi Hj Tamby.I'm posting these photos on behalf of him.

Hope to hear your comments and thank you for viewing :lol:

good good.. its the sharing that counts bro. :good:

good good.. its the sharing that counts bro. :good:

Agree....You guys go spotting tommorow petang ka?I'm going back to Kuching tommorow.ETA around 1915pm.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Very sorry bro, cant make it. :(

..but you'll be in KCH, sure can meet :)

Very sorry bro, cant make it. :(

..but you'll be in KCH, sure can meet :)

Sure,no problem.I'll PM my contact number in KCH to you.Hope you could give my number to Iggy and Del.