MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Yuh Loh

North America Spotting Group

Gosh.... great details Raj... love ur shots lots... Khor.. superb warbirds.. i always wished we have them here in Malaysia hehee

wow Yu Loh, i love the Korean Virgin shot.. superb!

oh btw, 200mm enough for spotting in LAX?

Kevin,

Believe this is SFO, not LAX: you need a pretty strong lens for shots like this (>300 ?)

yeah pieter, i know it was SFO. And they're using big guns to spot there. I am just wondering 200mm is enough for LAX :p

my main objective is to meet up those guys at LAX to have a MWings outing :p

wow Yu Loh, i love the Korean Virgin shot.. superb!

oh btw, 200mm enough for spotting in LAX?

200mm is good enough for LAX spotting like picture below just 180mm with crop out. But for close up shot have to be more zoom.

IPB Image

Right now (NOV-FEB) is the best time for LAX spotting, the weather is perfect blue sky and sun shine.

P.S Do not forget to bring the small lens for approaching section.

yeah pieter, i know it was SFO. And they're using big guns to spot there. I am just wondering 200mm is enough for LAX :p

my main objective is to meet up those guys at LAX to have a MWings outing :p

LAX, no IAH?????

Anyway guys, I can confirm that my life as spotter will begin after summer next year or around Christmas time when I move to England. I will happily join you guys when I'm back home............but yet so far away <_>

KHOR, excellent shots! I love the CX! Any CO :pardon:

Anyway guys, I can confirm that my life as spotter will begin after summer next year or around Christmas time when I move to England.

England: that's where all the spotting originated :yahoo:

Security getting tighter and tighter there also :(

Better make some trips to Continental Europe ;)

200mm is good enough for LAX spotting like picture below just 180mm with crop out. But for close up shot have to be more zoom.

IPB Image

Right now (NOV-FEB) is the best time for LAX spotting, the weather is perfect blue sky and sun shine.

P.S Do not forget to bring the small lens for approaching section.

oh yeah... then i have not much to worry about then. Was at hollywood park on thursday visiting the lantern show. The approaching traffic make me excited :p saw the alaskan mickey plane... :p

see you soon.

Kevin, so nice lah you can get so far to spot kekeke.. :D Dont forget to share here ok.... and add ur a.net count :clapping:

Yuh Loh,

Awesome shots there..

Really Like the Lufthansa Shot.. :good:

Thanks for sharing.

Yuh Loh,

Thanks for sharing these great shots: love the AF tripple a lot - nice action shot and also she's showing off her shining NLG strut :lol:

WOW, nice shot: look at the shadow of the 'blades' on the left-hand flap :o

Evening time @ KLAX ... and some unusual movements....

Not sure where is this EX-KOREAN bird now.... probably not anymore with Varig either...

IPB Image

This one was the Raytheon's experimental machine.... (and yes that was a huge hole :)

IPB Image

Lastly, one more evening shot...

IPB Image

Guys,

You might have a look at this one, although it's still unknown whether it will route via LGB or LAX... :yahoo:

10/12/2006 Bermuda (TXKF) ETD1000LT to Orlando (KMCO) Flight Time 02:50 and ETA1150LT (UTC-5)

11/12/2006 Orlando (KMCO) ETD1000LT to Long Beach (KLGB) Flight Time 05:10 and ETA1210LT (UTC -8)

12/12/2006 Long Beach (KLGB) ETD1000LT to Honolulu (PHNL) Flight Time 05:35 and ETA 13:35LT (UTC-10)

14/12/2006 Honolulu (PHNL) ETD0800LT to Nadi (NFFN) Flight Time 07:10 and ETA1310LT (UTC+12)

16/12/2006 Nadi (NFFN) ETD0500LT to Sydney (YSS) Flight Time 04:55 and ETA0855LT (UTC+11)

11/12/2006 Orlando (KMCO) ETD1000LT to Long Beach (KLGB) Flight Time 05:10 and ETA1210LT (UTC -8)

12/12/2006 Long Beach (KLGB) ETD1000LT to Honolulu (PHNL) Flight Time 05:35 and ETA 13:35LT (UTC-10)

Did anyone get a picture of this beautifully restored Boeing 707-100 in the original Qantas colours ??? :o

I was here (LV) for last Christmas. View from the obervation park to the strip.

z-mw6-3.jpg

z-mw5-6.jpg

z-mw4-5.jpg

z-mw3-7.jpg

z-mw1-8.jpg

What do you think about this crosswind landing or bad landing?????

z-mw2-8.jpg