MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Yuh Loh

North America Spotting Group

Raj,

That landing E-jet didn't suffer a tailstrike upon landing ? :blink: :huh:

Pretty nose-hi attitude :pardon:

Yes that landing did look bit risky. My guess, a sudden wind gusts maybe.

Wow RajC, I like the close up shots of A380.

You have tarmac access judging from the close-up shots ? :drinks: :drinks:

Almost on tarmac, as the 30 feet wide gate was completely open to allow the buses go back and forth. The VIP list was a short one so unfortunately could not be accomodated onboard.

Hello,

Eric and I started the tour on Tuesday for Seattle and Los Angeles. After being delayed for 4+ hours and arriving at 3am instead of 10:30pm! However things got much better on Wednesday as we did the Boeing Tour @ Paine Field and then the Musuem of Flight tour in afternoon at Boeing Field :) . Here are some of the pics...

After finding out KORD wx report, I changed my routing and made a 12 hour layover for some inbetween spotting :D

Love the new colors on UA Jumbo,

N105UA.jpg

JY-AIA.jpg

This one made my layover a worthwhile, espeically parking right in front of me :o :D

JA731A.jpg

JA731A2.jpg

JA731A1.jpg

Some new jetliners....

Air India is in middle of expanson and we saw FOUR Triple Seven in one day! One left for delivery flight, while here is the couple.

VT-ALD3.jpg

This is named after the state I was born in India, "Gujarat" :o :D

VT-ALD2.jpg

VT-ALD1.jpg

A-300 in final stages of being prepared for delivery

VT-ALK.jpg

Another new one for us,

70-ADO.jpg

More to follow....

VT-ALD3.jpg

Nice shot of ALD, Raj !!! :drinks:

Those new AI-colours match very well with the Fall-colours of the trees :pardon:

Quite daring, though, of that Cessna to start the approach so close after the take-off of the 777 :blink:

Quite daring, though, of that Cessna to start the approach so close after the take-off of the 777 :blink:

Good eye Pieter, yup it was close but KBFI have a short 3k parallel and it was going for the left side.

Well here is some more stuff from KBFI.

N317UP-1.jpg

N835BA, we saw this @ KBFI, KPAE and today when we arrived at LAX we spotted it!

N8358A.jpg

Jet's newest baby, VT-JGY took off for Gander for delivery flight.

VT-JGY.jpg

This is what we saw at midnight and having seen earlier during the Boeing Tour it was awesome to see a new jetliner being build, and get it ready for delivery.

The giant hanger doors takes 4+ minutes to open... and out comes ....Qatari 777 :D

T7atnight.jpg

Passing the interstate to get painted and onto test flight line.

QatarB777300.jpg

Lined up next to brand spanking new TG 777-200 at the 'fule line'.

KPAEThaiandQatar777.jpg

A wide angle shot of the sun coming up over the 'barn'

KPAEAirIndiaCathayQatarandThai777.jpg

Again it was totally awesome to be at KPAE and KBFI, only wish wx was better but than again its Seattle. We rolled with the punches (just like the jetliners rolling off production line)

Raj

wow nice spot and pictures Raj! Any advice about the spotting places at KPAE, KBFI? I'm planning to get to Boeing Factory during my stay this year at LA....

wow nice spot and pictures Raj! Any advice about the spotting places at KPAE, KBFI? I'm planning to get to Boeing Factory during my stay this year at LA....

Kevin, spotting is fairley easy at both places. Just be sure to bring a good reading book or your laptop as traffic is very light at KBFI and even lighter at KPAE. Unfortunately we saw only 1 B737 do touch and go at KPAE. There was no other jetliner movement that we caught (we did miss AI B777 & UPS 744 delivery departures)! KBFI was bit busier as we caught 5-8 different new jetliners in 2 days. Also must to visit is the Museum of Flight at BFI and also be sure to take the Boeing tour at KPAE ( $15.00).

Some quick edits from LAX,

Ah, El Al jet at daylight hours,

4X-ECB.jpg

From In-and-Out berger lot,

AirChinaB74F.jpg

Lets head to Tahiti :yahoo:

AirTahitiA340-300Moorea.jpg

New traffic into LAX these days,

B-2177.jpg

Fully loaded cargo hauler,

LX-FCV.jpg

Trying some night scenes at LAX,

Kiwi being towed to TBIT for late evening departure,

ZK-OKC.jpg

Two China birds in the night,

B-18712.jpg

Late evening busy scene at TBIT.

KLAXatnight.jpg

More to follow,

Raj

ya, that photo is really amazing. Night shot with all different airlines :pardon:

thanks a lot for those AMAZING shots... EIAI, 3x night shots... :good: :good: :good:

keep 'em coming. :drinks:

OMG

RAJ!! Fantastic shots. Best i've seen for a while now!!!!

Thank you Desmond, Samuel & Walter for nice words, figured I try something different since I have a tripod and almost never use it. Tried between 1 to 6 sec exposures with 100-400 lens @ ISO 100.

Raj,

You're so lucky to be 'based' at LAX, and able to see and photograph these wonderful shots at great weather conditions !!!

Love the night-shots, esp. the Kiwi one :drinks:

Like the last shot Raj, where else do you take the night shots besides Imperial Hill? :clapping:

Shot taken from the HILL @ about 23:05! Only other safe area is probably IN-&-OUT.

Raj,

You're so lucky to be 'based' at LAX, and able to see and photograph these wonderful shots at great weather conditions !!!

Love the night-shots, esp. the Kiwi one :drinks:

Actually I live in Connecticut and call New York my home ports (about 120 miles from CT). However whenever opportuinity presents I hop to LA too :-)

Raj are you using 100-400 IS?

Yes its Canon 100-400 L IS lens. However IS function is OFF (Canon recommends IS to be in OFF when tripod mounted).

Today the stupid marine layer is engulfing the LAX field and its really yucky :angry: So decided to drive 60 miles NE to Victorville and get some stuff.

While I was there for 30 minutes winds picked up bout 20+ knots and we had reduced vis due to sand storms!

This three-holer in perfect spot, not sure where its from.

N372BC.jpg

N372BC1.jpg

Foxtrot-Foxtrot, may U rest in peace.

N611FF.jpg

N49082 & N59083 fighting the desert elements.

N9082N59083.jpg

Looked like this just arrived at Victorville yesterday.

N636US.jpg

Cheers to MW members!

RajandNW747.jpg

More to follow...

Raj