MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Tamizi Hj Tamby

Ryanair planning for expansion outside Europe!

Guys,

I've just found out this news:

http://www.sbpost.ie/post/pages/p/story.as...4933-qqqx=1.asp

Looks like Ryanair is searching a new base for expansion.If Ryanair opens their hub in Asia,it will be big threat to AK.Any comments on this?

Could be as it's business competition. Same business model vs Same business model is not a good chemistry. Good for pax though as more people will see routes with RM0.99 one way more frequently than now. Hehe.

Could be as it's business competition. Same business model vs Same business model is not a good chemistry. Good for pax though as more people will see routes with RM0.99 one way more frequently than now. Hehe.

Ya lor...Maybe it could affect the industry.

Clearly it won't threaten the domestic but international low cost :)

Is there any way we can forward this to Tony :p

just slightly off topic here ,

But I must say that Ryanair has some truly great minds behind it .

I like the way they have put the safety card behind the seat so that whether you like it or not , somehow you will at least glance at it or lets say if the flight is kinda lengthy and boring , it could be some good reading material compared to other airlines when its in the seat pocket , some people couldn't even be bothered , other than those who collect safety cards of course ..

Sorry for the off topicness :)

Anyhow , competition between airlines is good because at the end of the day the passengers benefit the most just like what we see now in Celular Network Providers here in Malaysia

I like the way they have put the safety card behind the seat so that whether you like it or not , somehow you will at least glance at it or lets say if the flight is kinda lengthy and boring , it could be some good reading material compared to other airlines when its in the seat pocket , some people couldn't even be bothered , other than those who collect safety cards of course ..

That's their PTV actually, but been pause forever :rofl: RyanAir is smart :good:

Edited by Seth K

That's their PTV actually, but been pause forever :rofl: RyanAir is smart :good:

Ya lor... :rofl:

At the moment it isn't a LCC and it should be called Air Asia Terminal because thats its only purpose ..

I'm still wondering why the government even TOOK INTO CONSIDERATION that they should build an LCCT if there's only going to be one airline to make use of it .

At the moment it isn't a LCC and it should be called Air Asia Terminal because thats its only purpose ..

I'm still wondering why the government even TOOK INTO CONSIDERATION that they should build an LCCT if there's only going to be one airline to make use of it .

Pride and ego. To be the one who starts or similars...

Off topic note: The forum seems to be very slow now.

Pride and ego. To be the one who starts or similars...

Stand right behind you :) MTB is deserted, arrive at noon, I see no plane park at any gate upon entering the terminal in the train. What's the purpose of spending hundreds million ringgit on something if it's not fully use? But still, I do believe the LCC need bigger and bigger expansion when AK receive all bus and Asian LCC/RyanAir start flying

Off topic note: The forum seems to be very slow now.

You mean the load speed or the number of reply is slow :rofl:

Kinda slow in term of speed lately :)

Edited by Seth K

Dont forget AK was somehow related to Ryanair (ex-CEO or something) :rolleyes:

RyanAir's invasion would mean good news to Azahan and the gang. More airlines to Spot!

Ryanair have made themselves a reputation in Europe, promising good prices in return but i saw the RyanAir video few months ago on their backroom operations and i'm not too keen already.

SeatBack safety cards, unshadable windows all the unique stuff they came out of to save cost. Very brilliant indeed.

You mean the load speed or the number of reply is slow :rofl:

Kinda slow in term of speed lately :)

The loading speed. Just now was so painstakingly slower than 56k and it took 7 timeouts and a 10 mins to load the reply page.

RyanAir's invasion would mean good news to Azahan and the gang. More airlines to Spot!

Ryanair have made themselves a reputation in Europe, promising good prices in return but i saw the RyanAir video few months ago on their backroom operations and i'm not too keen already.

SeatBack safety cards, unshadable windows all the unique stuff they came out of to save cost. Very brilliant indeed.

True. Ryanair caught napping vid. Hope they don't dump their B732 as starter planes here. Ick! :o

I thought the whole sleeping problem is due to schedule problem arrange by RyanAir management <_ it ok if the cabin crew sleep what happen both pilot>

Let's help Ryan Air think more unique idea-

No more window :rofl:

No Air condition :rofl:

No life jacket-Ryan Air don't really need that since most flight intercontinental :rolleyes:

The loading speed. Just now was so painstakingly slower than 56k and it took 7 timeouts and a 10 mins to load the reply page.

You know I'm being sarcastic :p

Edited by Seth K

LOL...And when the cabin door is open...everyone is dead like a sardines in a sardine can :lol:

Let me guess:

Africa ? Could be Morocco, as they will start flying there soon...

Asia ? How about settling down in India, and see from there how to expand further ?

Just my 2 sen... :rolleyes:

LOL...And when the cabin door is open...everyone is dead like a sardines in a sardine can :lol:

That's Ryan Air, where passengers is the sardines :drinks:

No life jacket-Ryan Air don't really need that since most flight intercontinental :rolleyes:

Even better, remove the seats and pile the pax up - that'll load more pax!

Just joking, k... :rofl:

Even better, remove the seats and pile the pax up - that'll load more pax!

Just joking, k... :rofl:

Or put more seats in the cargo space, 2 people one seat- seat on top, sell ticket for tire space, jumpseat, no bathroom, no seat, everyone standing up, can triple the pax :drinks: that's mean more money$$$$$$$$$$$$, and money is good :good:

Or put more seats in the cargo space, 2 people one seat- seat on top, sell ticket for tire space, jumpseat, no bathroom, no seat, everyone standing up, can triple the pax :drinks: that's mean more money$$$$$$$$$$$$, and money is good :good:

Hehehe....Nice one.Sure lots of pax like sardines :rofl:

If you've been onboard Malaysian public buses, you sure know a lot about sardines... :rofl:

Also tried standing right on the door step of a Metro bus, travelling along Federal Highway. :mellow: Think again, pretty dangerous - but no feeling back then.

hehehe PRIDE! Don't forget our lion mermaid neighbours to the south that have a couple of 'Tigers' sitting at their new 'Budget' terminal which in the future will be cited next to the 'Commercially Important Persons (CIP) terminal'.

AirAsia... good lah, at least they doing it right. Ryannair.. it could work... but my sentiments is that any such venture would be done with existing investments in the Asia-Pacific region... i.e. That Tiger airline from south that hasn't turned a profit as yet. Don't forget that Ryannair founders had a thing or two to do with the establishment of Tiger Aiirways...

We've heard rumour of Tiger Airways wanting to operate domestically within Malaysia (because after a long and exhausting study, it just wasnt feasible to have a 4 times daily service between Paya Lebar and Changi hehehe sorry lahhh I had to mention it somewhere :lol: )

So if Ryanair wants to come into Malaysia and the asian LCC scene... a mutual collaboration between them and Tiger would probably see a new airline (probably by the name of Tiger Malaysia) applying for AOC to the DCA...

but don't fret lah.. our DCA also pandai you know! they will wait for the CAAS to approve the pending AOC by AirAsia Singapore (yes, such a company does exist), and then! level playing field lah :)