MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

Cathay Pacific voted airline of the year

Cathay Pacific voted airline of the year

LONDON - Cathay Pacific was voted the airline of the year on Thursday.

The Hong Kong flag carrier was also voted the best airline based in Asia in the event organised by global travel and transport information company OAG. British Airways won the best airline based in western Europe and best trans-Atlantic airline awards.

Continental Airlines was named best carrier based in North America for the third consecutive year and best business-cum-executive class airline for the fourth year running. American Airlines was voted the airline of choice for passengers with a disability while Singapore's Changi retained the best airport title.

OAG is best known for its airline schedules database, holding flight details for 1,000 airlines and more than 3,500 airports. -- AFP

Thanks for pointing out, Edwin: will try this airline next month and hope to share with you all my views about the CX service :)

Thanks for pointing out, Edwin: will try this airline next month and hope to share with you all my views about the CX service :)

AMS-HKG 22jun06 CX0270 or KL0887

HKG-KUL 23jun06 CX0721 or MH0073 or CI0653

These?

Pieter, ask for cockpit visit.

CX now is the airline of the year2005 &2006? :drinks:

Surprise................naah ;) . CX indeed very excellent. Where MH and SQ in the rank? :huh:

Congrat to the winners, really make theiir day :good:

Congratulations to CX for being voted 'Airline of the Year'

Hope that CX will fly higher and soaring with lots and lots of profits.

Cheers to the management,flight crew and ground crew of Cathay Pacific who worked very hard to achieve this outstanding award! :drinks:

Hooray for Continental. being the best in North America for the third year :yahoo: :good:

Azuddin

Edited by Azuddin

Pieter, ask for cockpit visit.

CX now is the airline of the year2005 &2006? :drinks:

After 9-11, cockpit visit is no longer allowed for most if not all airlines.

well, i get to visit Continental 757-300 cockpit last year. thanks to this two friendly pilot for inviting me in

IPB Image

the captain sign and autograph on my Herpa Continental 757-300

IPB Image

Azuddin

Depends on the pilots, I'll say chances to visit the cockpit is the best before/after flight which is better possibility than inflight :good:

How bout MH, are they easy too? :)

Depends on the pilots, I'll say chances to visit the cockpit is the best before/after flight which is better possibility than inflight :good:

visit MH cockpit, in my dreams. i think it's 4 or 5 time that my request for afterflight cockit visit was rejected. i got CO cockpit visit on first shot.

Azuddin

My cousin have been onboard different airlines for his trip to and from LHR/HKG, such as EK, LX, CX, QF, but seemed that none of the captains premitted him to have a visit even out of the cockpit.

So, if any of you can have even a shot for the cockpit interior outside that, you are lucky.

If you can enter it, you would likely be someone special. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Not really easy, but I did get invited into 9M-MPB's cockpit. :yahoo:

Was 02:30 Malaysian time when an FA approached me and led me to the upper deck. Wasn't allowed to stay there during approach and landing, but Captain said 'ok' for cruising.

I guess you just gotta keep trying - that's the 4th time I've been requesting for cockpit visits.

Not really easy, but I did get invited into 9M-MPB's cockpit. :yahoo:

Was 02:30 Malaysian time when an FA approached me and led me to the upper deck. Wasn't allowed to stay there during approach and landing, but Captain said 'ok' for cruising.

I guess you just gotta keep trying - that's the 4th time I've been requesting for cockpit visits.

Hahaa Tony, you are one lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: , you get INVITED but not on request. :huh: :good:

Who wanna bet if I can get cockpit visit this summer, anyone-anyone :rolleyes: ?

My experiences are, cockpit visits are most possibly granted after flights, provided you ask early and state that you wanna visit after flight. Inflight visits are very unlikely these days.

I was mostly allowed in the cockpit after flights after 9/11; one year before 9/11 I was seated in the jumpseat of an MH 734 for landing. My best moment in aviation so far! :drinks: My last flight on CX 773, I was granted a cockpit visit after flight, but no shots were allowed. That's my disappoinment!

CX voted best airline of the year? I agree! Love the service; very friendly crews. I would recommend flying with CX besides MH (never flown on SQ and KLM before). Pieter, hope you enjoy your flight with CX! :lol: And meet the friendly and kind Sneeze... :D

Edited by Teoh Z Yao

Tip for if you are requesting a cockpit visit, be it during or after flight.

Write on a piece of paper, yes a PROPER piece of paper:

-Your name (in full)

-Your age

-Nationality

-Why you want to visit the cockpit

And remember to have a proper photo ID with you, your passport/IC is sufficient.

All in all, the tech crew must be comfortable with the person who's requesting for the cockpit visit in order to grant the request.

Good luck ;)

NB: I don't guarantee that you will get to visit the cockpit following the above, but at least higher chance.

Actually I have never thought of this! I shall give it a try the next time...it'll be mental to be able to get in there and have a look-see!