MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Imran K.

Emirates to NY...AGAIN!

Hey guys,

Received an email from a contact of mine working with Emirates (nop..not daddy :p )

Here's the contents of the email verbatim.

Deii abang...take a look,

Emirates will introduce a new service between Dubai and New York via Hamburg on 29th October this year. This service increases Emirates' flights to New York to three times a day, and increases capacity on its recently launched Dubai to Hamburg service.

Emirates launched services to John F Kennedy airport in New York in June 2004 and boosted its services to twice daily in November last year. The airline also launched a daily service to Hamburg in March of this year. Both routes have proved extremely popular and there is such a high demand for Emirates' services to JFK that the airline is now able to offer increased flights to North America with this new service between Dubai and JFK via Hamburg.

Emirates will operate its Boeing 777-300ER aircraft in three-class configuration on the Dubai-Hamburg-New York route, with 12 seats in first, 42 in business and 310 in economy. The use of the 777-300ER on this route also offers a significant increase in both passenger and cargo capacity to Emirates on the Dubai to Hamburg route which only launched in March and has thus far been operated by an A330-200.

The flight, EK205 will depart from Dubai International Airport at 8:55am, arriving in Hamburg at 12:55pm, before flying onward to New York at 2:40 pm, landing at 5:00pm at JFK local time.

The return flight, EK206, will depart New York at 11:15 pm, arriving in Hamburg at 12:35pm the next day. The flight onward to Dubai will depart Hamburg at 2:15 pm and arrive in Dubai at 11:25pm.

Come lets go JFK..see you later.

Regards,

JKP.

Woah...3 flights into JFK... :yahoo: :yahoo:

More bonus la next year! :drinks:

Edited by Imran K.

EK to launch DXB-JFK via HAM? I thought that EK have a route to NY before...

EK to launch DXB-JFK via HAM? I thought that EK have a route to NY before...

They're not LAUNCHING the route via HAM..they're merely starting a new route! They started the DXB-JFK route in 2004... :good:

Ohh...i see.Sorry for the error on my previous post.

BTW,Congratz for EK for the starting of DXB-HAM-JFK route :clapping:

If fares are favourable to NYC, this could be an excellent 'selling-point' for the Dutch market !!! HAM is only 5 hours drive away from AMS, or a mere 1 hour flight, and schedule is excellent both ways for people ex NL... :)

Lot's of Dutch people also use EK ex DUS for their AU/NZ needs ;)

wah, good for Emirates, expanding like mad.

MH is despanding (whats the opposite of expanding) like no ones business.

Hmm, I wonder why EK fly to JFK instead of EWR ;) . EK has partnership with Continental(which is EWR hub) which they can offer connection flights to North/South America. But heard the news they going to expand throughout major cities in USA and Canada sooner :drinks: , so may be no need for changing to EWR :) . Anyhow, I guess most EK pax have to take shuttle to EWR then :sorry: . If you book thru EK website, they prefer you to fly from N. America via LGW/LHR then connecting thru DXB rather than JFK :)

Emirates will operate its Boeing 777-300ER aircraft in three-class configuration on the Dubai-Hamburg-New York route, with 12 seats in first, 42 in business and 310 in economy.

Hope they will do well on this new route :) By the way, do they plan to introduce flat-bed seat into the J section on their 77W ? All of their J seat on 777 only feature 50" of pitch.

Isaac, To be honest, I have no clue whether they will be sleepers or not. Would be better if they WERE sleepers. Will let you guys know once im in MAN (flying the Red Belly :drinks: )

Reminder:

Emirates will launch daily 777-300ER service between New York JFK and Dubai via Hamburg Oct. 29. The carrier enjoys fifth freedom rights between the US and Germany and is offering an introductory New York-Hamburg roundtrip fare of $425. Also, from Oct. 1 Emirates will substitute a 777-300ER for an A340-500 on one of its two daily nonstop services between New York and Dubai. Following introduction of the third daily service, it will be offering nearly 1,000 seats per day between NY and the UAE with the start of the winter season, noted Senior VP Commercial Operations, the Americas Nigel Page.

..... this could be an excellent 'selling-point' for the Dutch market !!! HAM is only 5 hours drive away from AMS, .....

Cultural or geographical differences ? IPH is about half that driving distance from KUL and PEN - but you see the hue and cry about the lack of services into the airport ?! :lol:

Also, from Oct. 1 Emirates will substitute a 777-300ER for an A340-500 on one of its two daily nonstop services between New York and Dubai.

:o Using the 77W instead of the more comfortable 345 ? By the way, i just re-read the post posted by Imran. If EK really use the 77W with 12P, 42J, 310Y seats, it means there will only be cradle biz seats in Emirates Business Class.

MH is despanding (whats the opposite of expanding) like no ones business.

I believe the word you are looking for their Walter is "contracting" hehehe :D :good:

MH (a 5 star airline) was the only airline serving DXB/EWR but never made any profit. EK (a 4 star airline) is now plying DXB/JFK 3 times daily and MH quit DXB/EWR sector. It just shows how incompetence and unpopular MH is. :( :angry:

It just shows how incompetence and unpopular MH is. :( :angry:

I would say: it shows how important frequencies are (with good timings) :pardon:

EK (a 4 star airline) is now plying DXB/JFK 3 times daily and MH quit DXB/EWR sector.

MH didn't quit DXB-EWR, they were not allowed to fly the route anymore because the Air-Services Agreement between UAE and USA permitted only one carrier to ply directly between the USA and UAE vv. So priority of course went to EK.

Furthermore, MH were planning to have daily services, but were unable to do so due lack of aircraft (772ER) availability.

This is what I received from an Italian spotter (I like his usage of English :rofl: ) about another new route of EK:

EMIRATES is rumored to serve Venice from Dubai, two times a week on fr and su by July 1 2007. Daily from Sept 1 2007. Thats at the moment is reported as only rumor because there are no confirms for that due to also they are disputes with other requests to Milan Mxp pending from Emirates and Etihad where the Italian DOT has refused to clear them with additional slots for passenger flights.