MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Adrian M

Help: Lost Baggage

My sister was on AK flight from KUL-LBU on the 27th Apr. And when she arrive, the checked baggage wasn't on the flight so the staff proceed to the lost baggage procedures and ask her to come to the airport the next day. She went there the next day, the AK plane arrive and there's no sign of her baggage again.

Now she is started to worry whether she can get her baggage back or not. Anyone can give any advice on this? Thanks and appreciated.

Just ask for money ler...............say you got tons of golds, money, priceless stuff, expensive shirts in the case..........probably you can get rich.....j/k

If AK don't take this seriously, make police report. And you know, the AK staff must send the bag home, if she were ask to come back the next day, AK must support her journey cost to KLIA because she has no responsible for this kind of problem.................

Edited by Seth K

Just ask for money ler...............say you got tons of golds, money, priceless stuff, expensive shirts in the case..........probably you can get rich.....j/k

If AK don't take this seriously, make police report. And you know, the AK staff must send the bag home, if she were ask to come back the next day, AK must support her journey cost to KLIA because she has no responsible for this kind of problem.................

She only been ask to go to LBU airport. She needs to go all the way to KLIA again for the baggage?

She only been ask to go to LBU airport. She needs to go all the way to KLIA again for the baggage?

I mean LBU :D

Rephrase..

If AK don't take this seriously, make police report. And you know, the AK staff must send the bag home, if she were ask to come back the next day, AK must support her journey cost from home to LBU because she has no responsible for this kind of problem.................

cHEERs

I mean LBU :D

Rephrase..

If AK don't take this seriously, make police report. And you know, the AK staff must send the bag home, if she were ask to come back the next day, AK must support her journey cost from home to LBU because she has no responsible for this kind of problem.................

cHEERs

Thanks for the advice Seth ^^

Anyone still have any advices? Thanks

Seth's advice, be it a little naughty, has worked for me in the past. Try it out..you have nothing to lose.

My advice...tell The Star :D

It will probably cause you to lose the luggage forever by saying that!

Just front up with them and ask them to trace it with the luggage tag. AK will have to bear the ultimate responsibility for losing the luggage. Hope nothing expensive inside. Usually it is a good idea to lock the luggage and not place expensive stuff inside. I presume your sister knew this already?

Good luck with the search. I might pay to ring KLIA's lost baggage place and ask them if they have seen it. If they are reluctant to search for you, just keep hassling them until they are annoyed.

Edited by S V Choong

If it's any help to cheer up your sister, tell her she will have to go SHOPPING to replace the lost items - normally works wonders with the feminine gender ! Seriously though, I guess the onus is on AK to locate the missing item and deliver it to intended destination, failing which monetary compensation comes into play (quantum of which is limited by some obscure clause in the fine print somewhere, unfortunately !)

I suppose the 'super-duper' baggage handling system at KLIA (due for replacement soon I understand) is not available at the LCCT from which AK operates from nowadays. Mind you, my sister has had luggage arriving at BKI up to a day after her even when travelling via the MTB.

Just remember to thank them if and when the misplaced items show up !!

If it's any help to cheer up your sister, tell her she will have to go SHOPPING to replace the lost items - normally works wonders with the feminine gender !

:lol: Have to agree with this one provided that they don't break the bank account!

Hope nothing expensive inside. Usually it is a good idea to lock the luggage and not place expensive stuff inside. I presume your sister knew this already?

Yup she know this since she was young LOL, we all were train to lock our checked baggage and hand carry the expensive stuff.

BC, LOL she did today. Bought some basic things, got home and then.... AK staff rings her and says the baggage just arrived. Although she'd whine for a while that she already pays for her things.

According to the AK staff, they say it ended up in Langkawi. :lol: What a trip the baggage went.

According to the AK staff, they say it ended up in Langkawi. What a trip the baggage went.

Glad the luggage eventually turned up.

Bloody hell, this is just like my cousin's ex-girlfriend (who came from HK and lived in the USA). My cousin told her to buy airticket to Kota Kinabalu and she ended up going to Kota Bahru!!!! Not kidding!

But this case is worse as Malaysian can easily tell the difference between Langkawi and Labuan although both are islands!

Edited by S V Choong

I think they didn't check the tags carefully since Langkawi is LGK. Just see it's begins with L and load 'em up.

..... is just like my cousin's ex-girlfriend (who came from HK and lived in the USA). My cousin told her to buy airticket to Kota Kinabalu and she ended up going to Kota Bahru!!!! Not kidding!

Let us hope this isn't reason she's the ex- ! Feeble excuse if it is ! :D

Usually it is a good idea to lock the luggage and not place expensive stuff inside. I presume your sister knew this already?

personally i don't think this is useful! :angry: i was once on royal brunei flight to brisbane, and my lock was disappear(what happen we know lar...) and the luggage was half open when it came out from luggage claiming area, luckily nothing lost!

anyway, what are the ways that you think is the best way to prevent such thing? anyone?

Apparently the baggage scanner at MTB is so advanced that can distinguished between Japanese Yen and US Dollars, genuine and fake diamonds, etc. That’s why KUL has one of the highest ‘lost luggage’ rate, especially true for Japanese airlines.

But this case is worse as Malaysian can easily tell the difference between Langkawi and Labuan although both are islands!

LGK = WMKL

LBU = WBKL

KUL = WMKK

BKI = WBKK

I lost my bagage once. I was flying IAH-PHX-LAX-TPE-KUL. seems that my baggage is stuck at PHX during America West change flight

Azuddin

I lost my bagage once. I was flying IAH-PHX-LAX-TPE-KUL. seems that my baggage is stuck at PHX during America West change flight

I get it back two days later, I say WTF, someone stole the padlock. It's a TSA certified padlock, I'm guessing it's local custom :angry: :angry: :angry: curse them!!!

Azuddin

Sign in to follow this