MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Radzi

Single runway ops

Just to inform all the spotters, single runway operation in KUL until 5th of May, every day 11 am till 6 pm. Due to wind condition runway 14R is mainly used but 32L is possible.

Wow! Great news for the spotters.

Every day till 5 May on single runway operations @ KLIA??

Perhaps some taxiway work or resurfacing going on?

Wah! Good news to all spotters as this will double the fun and action ! B) B)

Make sure you double your batteries and memory cards too. :lol:

thanx for info radzi. going on monday morning with JKSC. ignatius and the geng coming from kch. care to join us?

Bad news for pilots and passengers!! As if departing out of KLIA is not bad enough with two runways in use, now have to wait even longer for slot time, both departing and arriving.....arhhh............lucky me no KUL sector lately.

But wait. I got KUL 4 sector in June....mid June....."LUMPUR TOWER SELAMAT PETANG SINGAPORE ONE ONE TWO EIGHT MILE FINAL ONE FOUR RIGHT..." Also PEN based people, "PENANG TOWER SINGAPORE ONE NINER TWO SELAMAT PAGI!!"

Yay!! Truly Malaysian!!

I would like to know more about the operation of the KLIA during the normal time, i.e. Two RWYs opt.

Under what condition will use for the runway of the Right and left?

In fact, I have the same question on SIN. :mellow:

I would like to know more about the operation of the KLIA during the normal time, i.e. Two RWYs opt.

Under what condition will use for the runway of the Right and left?

In fact, I have the same question on SIN. :mellow:

With normal 2 runway ops in KUL, all you have to remember is that "L is for Landing". It is due to the design layout of the airport.

With normal 2 runway ops in KUL, all you have to remember is that "L is for Landing". It is due to the design layout of the airport.

Therefore, all L goes for L and all departure for R?

If so, it is nearly the same case as HKIA, but R is also possible for cargo landing, cause the cargo terminals are located at the right of the PAX terminal as well as the Runway. ;)

Therefore, all L goes for L and all departure for R?

If so, it is nearly the same case as HKIA, but R is also possible for cargo landing, cause the cargo terminals are located at the right of the PAX terminal as well as the Runway. ;)

Azahan, yup, I am joining u and Jkong.. Only me alone coming for this trip.... The rest of the geng maybe coming in May trip I surpose.. :p Arrange my pickup can? hehe.. :D

Hi guys, just wonder when and how often are you guys heading out to the airport. I am ready to join anytime after next week. Please inform.

That's good news !!...

Upgrading works for A380 already started it seems.. ;)

I don't think so. This time runway 14L is being closed. For the upgrading it will be runway 32L / 14R that will be closed for about 3 months.

:) We'll have a good 3 months viewing landing from the obs hill! :)

:( And lots of delay while working. :(

I don't think so. This time runway 14L is being closed. For the upgrading it will be runway 32L / 14R that will be closed for about 3 months.

:) We'll have a good 3 months viewing landing from the obs hill! :)

:( And lots of delay while working. :(

Thanks for clarification, capt ;)

Regarding closure of 32L/14R... I heard they going to open "half" the runway

for narrow body aircraft :blink: :huh:

Thanks for clarification, capt ;)

Regarding closure of 32L/14R... I heard they going to open "half" the runway

for narrow body aircraft :blink: :huh:

Not much room for error in terms of RTO situations ...

Will DCA approve that ?

Bad news for pilots and passengers!! As if departing out of KLIA is not bad enough with two runways in use, now have to wait even longer for slot time, both departing and arriving.....arhhh............lucky me no KUL sector lately.

But wait. I got KUL 4 sector in June....mid June....."LUMPUR TOWER SELAMAT PETANG SINGAPORE ONE ONE TWO EIGHT MILE FINAL ONE FOUR RIGHT..." Also PEN based people, "PENANG TOWER SINGAPORE ONE NINER TWO SELAMAT PAGI!!"

Yay!! Truly Malaysian!!

Great LeeCH! I'll be around Penang in June! Do update me with your schedule and my friends and I will be ready with our snappers! ;-)

By the way, guys, my flight to Hong Kong this 30th April is CX 724 (A330) at 17:55. Anyone there to capture? I'll try to sit on the right and look out the window to spot any of your! Hey, hey...!!! :D

Edited by Teoh Z Yao

By the way, guys, my flight to Hong Kong this 30th April is CX 724 (A330) at 17:55. Anyone there to capture? I'll try to sit on the right and look out the window to spot any of your! Hey, hey...!!! :D

Teoh, your arrival time will be 21:xx, I don't think it is easy to have a shot.........................at such a dark environment :p :p :p :p

Hiya Sneeze... I want to know the runway most probable for approach... :huh: :huh: Wanna find a best view from the cabin. :rolleyes:

17:55 departure... KUL spotters available?

Hiya Sneeze... I want to know the runway most probable for approach... :huh: :huh: Wanna find a best view from the cabin. :rolleyes:

17:55 departure... KUL spotters available?

I have already replied you in the thread here, however, I am please to tell you once again here :p

Just hear from the radio, the information boardcasting for the pilots stating that RWY25 is in use.

Therefore, you would probably landing on RWY25R.

I will try to keep track for you untill 17:30 LT, hope you can access internet in KLIA for my updates.

Nice flight and have a hapopy trip here in HongKong.

A bit of update.

The NOTAM says the runway closure is everyday until the 5th, but today both runways are in use.