MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Raj

Auckland Spotting..19/04/2006

Hey guys..

On holidays for the next 2 weeks, so Decided to go spotting at the Airport (First Time)..Arrived at the Scenic Lookout at Around 10:50..Unfortunantely i Missed MH,SQ and TG..They all arrived earlier on..Lots of Pics..Enjoy..

First Up, Anz 733..

IPB Image

Seconds Away From Touch Down..

IPB Image

ZK-NEE..My first De Havilland DHC-8-331Q Dash 8..A very nice aircraft..MAS should get this to replace their F50 and their dehavillands..

Approaching

IPB Image

IPB Image

Second from touchdown

IPB Image

QF 733..This One is Based in New Zealand..ZK-JNA

IPB Image

Air New Zealand Link ATR-72-500..My first ATR..I lIke the Blades on this one.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Air Vanuatu TJ-AV18...Oops..Forgot the Tail..

IPB Image

Air Pacific DQ-FJK Approaching..

IPB Image

IPB Image

Touchdown..

IPB Image

Looney Toons is in da house..

IPB Image

What do you thing abt their Livery??

IPB Image

Second away from Landing..

IPB Image

Beechcraft..

IPB Image

More Photos To come..Stay Tuned..

Edited by raj

That is a great shots of Air Fiji :blink:

Well, all of them are great..................keep more coming :) just don't forget EK for Imran everything will be alrite ;)

Thanks for the comments Seth..

Yup got a few Ek's..More to come soon..

Edited by raj

Nice shots of interesting airlines, Raj, mind sharing us how many mm you used for these ?

Those Freedom Air 320 shots are just fabulous ;)

Thanks Kandiah..It was a good day..Blue Sky..

Pieter, I've got a Kodak EasyShare CX6330..Can't really use a lense on these..I'm not too sure about how much of mm i used for the shots..Haven't figured that out yet..

Here are few more shots..

Wah T7 cummin in..Grabbed my cam..

IPB Image

It was Korean Air..Equipment downgrade..Used to have 744 flying these route..

IPB Image

Then another T7 was cummin in..Landing light quite strong...

IPB Image

It was ANZ T7..My first close up with this beats..

IPB Image

Back Section..The Flaps on the T7 is just spectacular..

IPB Image

Smoky Landing..

IPB Image

Sequnce of Shots..Air New Zealand 733 coming in to Land..

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Imran, Your EK has Arrived..First of 3 EK Flights..

Noticed it form Quite far Away thanks to those Huge Engines..

IPB Image

Approaching..

IPB Image

Wohoo..Red Belly..Unfortunantely I missed the nose..Bloody annoying..Consider it Middle and the back section..

IPB Image

Seconds From Touchdown..Wing Flex?

IPB Image

More shots to come..CX, Qantas, Air NZ and Emirates..As well as a few Props..ENJOY..

Edited by raj

No Problem Zealich..

Thanks Attan..Yea my point was quite good :) ...

Pieter, I've got a Kodak EasyShare CX6330..Can't really use a lense on these..I'm not too sure about how much of mm i used for the shots..Haven't figured that out yet..

IPB Image

Raj,

Again, interesting airlines and aircraft-types ;)

Lucky for you they land at the closest runway to you: the other runway is out of use - see the large X erected to the left of this picture...

Hey mate,

Fantastic shot of the EK beast! Or should I say..beauty... :unsure:

She does possess qualities of both eh? :D

Look forward to seeing more shots from you! B)

Raj, nice shots. I like Freedom Air's (SJ) Looney Toons. I was on Flight NZ406 (rego ZK-NGF), a Boeing 737-319 the day before from Wellington. Just came back from my Easter weekend at Wellington. You should have gone spotting my flight instead :lol:

Hopefully when I finished semester 1 of my studies we can go spotting again. At the moment is just a bit crazy and impossible.

Enjoy your school holiday while you still can. Not many holidays when you started your career path. :)

Edited by S V Choong

Hey Imran, Yup She surtainly does..ahah..Missed the 2nd Flight in as i was having my lunch..But i did get the 3rd one..

Hey SV, Ahahaha u shud have Postponed ur flight to the next day la...Den i wud have managed to get ur plane coming in..Yup taking advantage of this holidays..LOL..

Sneeze, Ur CX has Arrived..

From this pic, It looks like after the outer engines, the wing ends at that point..

IPB Image

Getting Closer..

IPB Image

Seconds Away from landing..

IPB Image

Smoky Touchdown..

IPB Image

Garuda A330..Plane Still wasn't inline..Banking to the left..

IPB Image

Seconds Away from Landing..

IPB Image

Touchdown..

IPB Image

Qantas B767..

IPB Image

IPB Image

Saab 340, These Planes are being Replaced By The Dash 8's..ZK-FXB..

IPB Image

ZK-FXA..

IPB Image

CX Taxying to the end of the runway while Air New Zealand A320 Lands in the BAckground..

IPB Image

CX Taxying into position for take-off..

IPB Image

Another EK for u Imran, Last Of 3 EK flights..Another Red Belly too..:)

IPB Image

Seconds Away From Landing..

IPB Image

Last Shot Of the Day..ZK-NGJ coming in to land..

IPB Image

Hope u guys Enjoyed These Shots..

PHEWWWIT RED BELLY MATE!! :lol: :lol:

Thank you thank you...havent seen them flying around my place for quite some time... :mellow:

No Problem Imran..

Sorry Azman, That's all i got..I'll be going again Next week...Will got more shots for u..

ZK-FXA..

IPB Image

Raj,

Looks more like FXB to me :rolleyes: :p :lol: Have fond memories with these Saab's ...

If you do go next week, would appreciate more Pacific airlines, like Azman requested, and also some more domestic flights B)

Really enjoyed these "rare" shots for me...mind you: you're at the other end of the world, so all planes are "hot" :)

Keep up the good work !!! ;)

Your Welcome Pieter..Will got more Pacific Planes and Domestic for you to..

woops my bad with the wrong rego..Top one was ment to be FXA and bottom one FXB...

Do you like Props Pieter??

Got another 3 Props..Btw Pieter could you let me know what type of aircrafts these are..:

Air Freight NZ..Curtainly some huge blades..

IPB Image

Not sure about this plane..

IPB Image

IPB Image...

Edited by raj

Hi Raj, thanks for the varieties of pacific birds.

Looney Toons reminds me of the yellow Pokemon. :lol:

Keep the shots coming.

Raj, I think thats the "islander" which is a scenic flight to Rangitoto Island and may be Waiheke island as well. S Chang used to take lots of pics of the islander and the tri-islander (with three engines).

If you do go next week, would appreciate more Pacific airlines, like Azman requested, and also some more domestic flights

I think Pieter is requesting images of airlines like:

Air Calin - A330-200

Air Niugini (if the come to NZAA at all)

Polynesian airlines - B737-300

Air Pacific (if you are lucky you can catch their ex-SQ Boeing 744s)

Royal Tongan (gone bankrupt?) - B757s

Aerolineas Argentina - A340-300

LAN Chile (or LAN) - A340-300

Pacific Blue - B738

Freedomair - A320s and B733

RNZAF - B752s (might have to go to Whenuapai Air base for these birds).

Of to Welly again this weekend. Will try to spot at WLG if possible, subject to permission of the weather and consent of my fiance :p I saw Air NZ's B767-319ER rego ZK-NCN landing at WLG the other day. The 763s are no longer a common sight to and out of Australia from WLG, they have been replaced by the A320s. ZK-NCN was parked overnight at Air NZ's hangar the next day, probably for maintainance reasons.

Edited by S V Choong

Thanks for the comments Chaity..

SV, Air Nuigini don't come at all..Royal Tongan Doesn't exist anymore..bankrupt already..Will ry my best to get all of them..But Aerolineas Argentina and Lan Chile come only on certain days..Freedom air sumtimes hard to catch.Hardly see Them..

Are they based in New Zealand or Aussie??

Anyway, Do sum Spotting in Wlg..Pieter would Like to see All those Domestic Action..

Enjoy Your Trip..

Freedomair is a no frills subsidiary of Air NZ. Used to do domestic run within NZ, but stopped as Air NZ herself has became no-frills. So instead Freedomair has become the no-frills version of Air NZ service to Australia and Fiji from smaller airports like Hamilton, Palmerston North and Dunedin. Recently Freedomair also flies out of Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch to go to selected destination in Australia and Fiji.

I went to Melbourne once with Freedomair in 2002, it was when the had the 2 for the price of 1 passenger. We paid about NZD$270 to get to Melbourne (2 passenger). The downside of that is we have to depart from Palmerston North airport piss early in the morning. The bus ride from Wellington and the overnight at backpackers although still a little cheaper than full Air NZ service back then are quite questionable of its worthiness. I certainly wouldn't like to do another trip to Aussie via Palmerston North or Hamilton. :)

Do you like Props Pieter??

Got another 3 Props..Btw Pieter could you let me know what type of aircrafts these are..:

Air Freight NZ..Curtainly some huge blades..

IPB Image

Not sure about this plane..

IPB Image

Raj,

Definitely LOVE prop-planes, hence my enthusiasm for the DHT in the other topic ;)

Your 1st aircraft is a Convair 580, a modified Convair 240/340/440 with Allison engines...there is also another turbo-prop variant with RR-engines called the Convair 640 ;)

The 2nd aircraft is a Britten-Norman Islander...as also previously mentioned, their is also a 3-engined variety (a la DC10) called a Trislander...

Keep them comin' , love these shots ;)

Hey Sv, Damm i always Taught That Freedom Air was BAsed in Australia..Well the will just have to compete with Air NZ..How MAs And Ak are doing..But here not much competition..Haven't really Flown on them..

Pieter thanks for the Explanation..There are 1 or 2 Trislander operating here in Auckland under Great Barrier Airline or Air..Sadly didn't see any of them flying in or out while i went spotting..But i have seen them fly past my house..Will try to get shots of the Trislander..There are also a few Convair 580 in Auckland..Operate throughout New Zealand..Certainly nice planes..Thanks again for the Explanation..

..... it was when the had the 2 for the price of 1 passenger. We paid about NZD$270 to get to Melbourne (2 passenger). The downside of that is we have to depart from Palmerston North airport piss early in the morning. The bus ride from Wellington and the overnight at backpackers although still a little cheaper than full Air NZ service back then are quite questionable of its worthiness .....

Hai yoh, pay peanuts - get monkey loh ! Datuk TF's business philosophy I reckon ! :lol: :lol: