MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Eric M

Japanese governmental B747 @ AMS

Hi

on 2nd Easterday (Apr 17th) in loads of sunshine one of both Japan Air Self Defence Forces B747-400's was announced to our office for flight training purposes, on the way from Japan to the African continent. The flight crew wanted to have a overnight at AMS, before heading to ADD and ACC on the 18th of April. Departure was in early morning in heavy rain, but it was a spectacular sight again.

Have 2 pictures to share with you, (if you like them maybe some more) :p

IPB Image

Upon arrival from Sapporo. Nice sunshine and as always this aircraft is having a very well cleaned fuselage!

IPB Image

Runway 24 departure in bad weather. Early rotation, picture made after handling this machine myself prior to departure.

Rgds

Eric

Handling the machine yourself eh ?

Any interior shots ?

Nope :( It's a pity even for JL staff we are not allowed to bring camera's onboard. Interiour is not that very special in my opinions. Colour settings mostly grey/black/light brown. Rear compartment behind the wing is normal standard economy seats, no IFE.

I was doing loadplanning for this machine with a collegue of me, and was mostly working outside the aircraft.

Almost 40 'crew' were on board to do 'training'. The African airport will be visited within 2 months on an official political tour.

Here a few more then;

Departure from remote stand Y71 (far away from public areas, but close to the highway)

IPB Image

Startup the engines, and the rain was falling and falling from the sky.... :(

IPB Image

And a full power for departure on runway 24, see all the water spraying behind the Boeing 747!

IPB Image

Hope you'll like them!

Eric

Oh yes I like them Eric. Thanks for sharing. Not many get to go close to such mysterious planes and get pictures such as the one near the wings. Very shiny engines it has. Beautiful Jumbo.

Woooa!!! Realy Nice Livery.. It Like Japan Flags livery laaa.. Cool.

Water Blast.. Amazing !!!! :blink: Thank for Sharing.

"Goed Gedaan Jochie"

"A job well done"...

Nice to see "her" again after last year's visit ;)

Just look at the engine tailpipe section. FULLY CHROMED!! :o Nice nice.....more please. The rotation pic is absolutely fantastic. Thanks Eric.

Nice Eric.........so Japanese gov. has two of those?

If I just get to sit in that big plane just for myself, that will be awesome!

eric,

its a pleasure to share with us on your involvement with this aircraft during its brief stopover. lucky you bro!

Sign in to follow this