MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

MAVCOM Sees 92 per cent Increase in Complaints Received

Eaglexpress, Suasa Air demand review of Mavcom’s role after licence revocation

See: https://www.malaymail.com/s/1645789/eaglexpress-suasa-air-demand-review-of-mavcoms-role-after-licence-revocatio

Mavcom should first & foremost be an aviation watchdog looking after the interests of the passengers. In terms of aviation regulations, AOC etc, let the CAA handle it.

Yes, Mavcom should be a consumer centric body. It should not be licencing airlines, awarding air routes, fixing airport charges, etc. Those are duties that should be under the MoT.

I personally think most people don't mind MavCom, noting they have been successful in solving a lot of dispute cases. However it is his pay package that gets most of public riled up. Higher than PM I think...

Edited by JuliusWong

I don't mind having a Mavcom either - provided it is funded by the government and not the traveller.

Also MoT must define the functions and responsibilities of the CAAM, Mavcom and any other body involved in regulating and monitoring the industry. There is also a need to have a NTSB type body to investigate accidents and incidents.

I personally think most people don't mind MavCom, noting they have been successful in solving a lot of dispute cases.

Indeed. Without Mavcom, MH would have gotten away with the row 1 scam!

So, has there been any effective MAVCOM measure taken so far to resolve the current disruptions to MH's services as described in separate thread here ?

http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21303&page=2

Plenty of people inconvenienced and in dispute for sure

MHs problems are for MH to solve. If MH is fine with having insufficient crew to operate their flights, that is MHs problem.

Mavcom can only ensure that the pax affected by the delays/cancellations are properly compensated according to Malaysian regulations.

Transport Minister Anthony Loke has confirmed reports from sources, saying that current Mavcom executive chairman Tan Sri Abdullah Ahmad was stepping down. Loke said he has proposed new names for the position of executive chairman of the Malaysian Aviation Commission

Edited by David.W

Sign in to follow this