MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Suzanne Goh

Qatar's new Q-Suite

I'm sold.

But still hard to figure out how big is the space. For instance, SQ tends to use very skinny and petite people in the adverts on its premium seats, giving impression of more space than there is in reality.

That looks amazing! And it's only business class!!

According to the QR press release, the retrofitting work on the new Qsuites on existing fleet will begin in June 2017, at an estimated rate of one aircraft per month:

http://www.qatarairways.com/my/en/press-release.page?pr_id=pressrelease_itbseatreveal_eng

and also photos of the Qsuites on QR official flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/qatarairways/sets/72157679506032060

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

It's awesome but I'm not a fan of Business replacing First, and Premium Economy replacing Business ;) Which ultimately means a downgrade for everybody.

Edited by jani

Amazing! QR did an outstanding job in marketing and publicizing the new Business Class Suite. Literally upped the ante by several notches for SQ, CX and other older legacy carriers. QR basically took SQ's A Class Beyond First concept and make the seats as quad and put them in Business Class. Business Class and First Class line is now further blurred. It is no wonder why Etihad Airways rolled out something much more high-end: the First Apartment and The Residence on their A380. Now the ball is in SQ court to "revolutionise" again.

Side note, the new QR Business Class Suite makes EK's so-called new Business Class looks very 'poor' and tacky. Wood and gold is so yesterday, not that I can afford any. Lolx.

This is actually a smart idea for passengers travelling as a group. I'd tap that for family travels.

It might make sense for families of 4, but I still think it's a tad gimmicky. The partition can be retracted but the screens might still be in the way. Not quite face-to-face like a proper F suite. At least, that's what the pics seem to suggest. And if a family of 3 decides to take advantage of this, then the stranger will be in a very awkward situation.

Then again I've yet to try it out. Time to start saving so I can get a first hand experience :)

Amazing! QR did an outstanding job in marketing and publicizing the new Business Class Suite. Literally upped the ante by several notches for SQ, CX and other older legacy carriers. QR basically took SQ's A Class Beyond First concept and make the seats as quad and put them in Business Class. Business Class and First Class line is now further blurred. It is no wonder why Etihad Airways rolled out something much more high-end: the First Apartment and The Residence on their A380. Now the ball is in SQ court to "revolutionise" again.

Side note, the new QR Business Class Suite makes EK's so-called new Business Class looks very 'poor' and tacky. Wood and gold is so yesterday, not that I can afford any. Lolx.

SQ overplayed the "Class Beyond the First" concept for their Suites when it was launched in 2007. In the beginning it really was a class of its own, with a price tag to match. But they soon realized it wasn't sustainable. They couldn't get rid of it entirely, so they just toned down on the marketing. For all intents and purposes, it's now "only" First Class (regular A, F fare buckets, same perks, same redemption levels etc).