MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Adrian M

BKI Spotting 08 April 2006

Samuel pick me up at my house at 12.15pm and reach BKI around 12.30-ish. Saw lots and lots of Korean around the airport. About 10 or more tour buses park at airport just for them.

We start our coverage by going to the right side of the terminal at Gate 1 to see the Korean jumbo. (It was already there when we arrive.) We were there for about 10 minutes and it started raining so we run our way back to terminal and went up 3rd floor to spot. We also met Issac and his friend for the first time there. Traffic was not very heavy at that time.

Moments after that we all decide to go to Beach 3 at Jln. Selangor to spot the Korean Air B744 taking off. After B744, the rain starts to fall so we run back to the car. We decide to go back to Terminal 1 and at the Tanjung Aru crossroad, Korean Air B772 pass above us. We saw it but had no idea it arrive so soon moments after B744. But we were unable to spot the B772 anyway because that time was raining heavily.

After Issac off at T1, We go back to Beach 3 for wait my friend to bring the digital cam to me as I want to borrow it. Halfway waiting for my friend, we saw Korean Air A333 landing and touch down in front of us. After that I got the cam, we left Beach 3 for a while because I wanna buy some batteries for the cam. We rush back as we feel that Korean Air B772 was about to push back.

We arrive back to Beach 3 and saw Korean Air B772 is lining up at RWY 02 already. So quickly Samuel get his cam out and record the video. It wasn't very clear because the cam was focus on the fence but at least you get to see the B772 when it was in front of Samuel.

After that we hang out at the car, I browsed through my digicam and it was 95% full of my friends pics and video so I barely can spot with it so I decide not to use it. Hence, Samuel teach me how to use his cam. Since then I help Samuel record the videos and pics as I was tall enough to get the view without fence is blocking.

Still unable to master the zooming feature smoothly, I test record few of the MH babies and out of the blue (umm... grey) suddenly MH A333 appear and was about to touch down. I quickly record it and you can see (Later on) the zoom was too fast.

We were there until Korean Air A333 left by RWY 20. To get better view of it I was until the extend of sitting on top of Samuel's car. :lol:

Anyway this post is long enough, so I present to you the videos now, Samuel will post the pictures and B772 video and Issac will cover the B744 pictures later on.

It was very strong crosswind yesterday and it was hard to record the video and balance your upper body as you keep blown strongly to the back, videos will be shaky so hope you guys understand. We try not to shake as much as possible.

AK B733 landing from Rwy 20

http://rapidshare.de/files/17541639/MOV00228.MPG.html (1.99MB)

AK A320 9M-AFA taking off from Rwy 20

http://rapidshare.de/files/17541766/MOV00243.MPG.html (1.31MB)

Korean Air B744 taking off from Rwy 02

http://rapidshare.de/files/17542332/MOV00248.MPG.html (8.71MB)

MH B734 Landing from Rwy 02 in fast speed. (My first ever video record from Samuel's DV)

http://rapidshare.de/files/17542360/MOV00303.mpg.html (3.90MB)

MH B734 take off from Rwy 02 in warp speed.

http://rapidshare.de/files/17542976/MOV00305.MPG.html (4.52MB)

MH A333 landing from Rwy 02.

http://rapidshare.de/files/17542951/MOV00306.MPG.html (3.93MB)

MH B734 take off from Rwy 02. (view from on top of the car onwards)

http://rapidshare.de/files/17543301/MOV00324.MPG.html (4.06MB)

Korean Air A333 rego HL7524 taxi to Rwy 20 while MH 734 take off from Rwy 20.

http://rapidshare.de/files/17543579/MOV00358.MPG.html (12.8MB)

Korean Air A333 take off from Rwy 20 while F50 on hold at the taxiway to take off from Rwy 20.

http://rapidshare.de/files/17544143/MOV00359.mpg.html (10.8MB)

Our spotting ends with F50 taking off from Rwy 20.

(Dedicated to Pieter, Dante, Khaled, all Fokker fans and flight crews)

http://rapidshare.de/files/17544075/MOV00361.mpg.html (7.67MB)

Enjoy. :)

Edited by Adrian M

the minutes before we meet Isaac and his friend,

we go to the far right hand side of the terminal, and spot this...

IPB Image

IPB Image

so many cargo box...

IPB Image

IPB Image

a crazy driver,

IPB Image

enjoys...

Adrian, awesome stuff mate.

Cant seem to download the KE 744 rotation, my computer? or is someone else having trouble

So far I try download it and it didn't gave me any problems. What kind of problem are you experiencing, Gibby?

Adrian, awesome stuff mate.

Cant seem to download the KE 744 rotation, my computer? or is someone else having trouble

Are u using FlashGet or others download accelerators to download? Rapidshare doesn't support download accelerators..

Wahh, nice coverage.. :)

Thanks Idham, went spotting today again and traffic is light, AK and MH babies only with F50 come and goes in short time. Weather was similar to the day we spot Korean Air but with less wind and heavier rain. We also have 2 small suprises today too. Will reveal after Samuel send the pics and vids over hehe.

No problem Min Chun. Glad you enjoyed it. :)

Thanks for sharing !!! homesick, homesick, homesick (sigh)... :mellow:

The more reason to motivate you to comeback and spot with us. :) Plus we really need someone with a great piece of equipment to take clear shots of BKI :lol:

Our picture quality compared to most of you guys here are by far miles and miles... and not in anywhere of the acceptable standard range. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:( sorry for my late constribute...

btw, here what we get for the day. :)

when we meet Isaac and his friend, we spot this bird.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

then we decided to go Tanjung Aru Beach 3 spot the jumbo t/o.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

t/o spot in video format and posted by adrian b4.

just before the jumbo t/o, all aircraft which ready to join Runway 20 for landing, suddenly all go around and change to land at Rumway 02. here is one of the aircraft force to change heading.

IPB Image

after this, heavy rain and we hav to rush back to the terminal so we can take some shot of the T7. after that, me and adrian go back to Tanjung Aru to borrow a digi cam from his friend. after that, we decided to spot at Beach 3. then the KE 330 come... no landing shot coz too suprise... :p

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

and we spotted this thing on top of the 330, and what is this??? ;)

IPB Image

then an AK take off. but hey, where my 330? :lol:

IPB Image

enjoy...

*to be continue...

hehe... the best medicine for this sick is an air-ticket... :p :lol:

Wait a minute wait a minute.. why so mane KE in BKI? Anybody have a good idea why? Why blardy KE dont fly to KCh eh?? Not fair man.. Dragon air also same.. Brunei also same.. never come to KCH.. my Oly bored lah!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :p

thanks a lot for the clip, anyway where is BKI?

hehe... BKI mean Kota Kinabalu International Airport... :)

Wait a minute wait a minute.. why so mane KE in BKI? Anybody have a good idea why? Why blardy KE dont fly to KCh eh?? Not fair man.. Dragon air also same.. Brunei also same.. never come to KCH.. my Oly bored lah!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :p

don so :angry: la... mana tau one of thes day will??? :) this is a charter flight by the korean insurance company, somebody said before... here no batavia ar.... :( or come BKI for few days lor... then can snap snap snap lor... u wan know why KE don go KIA? coz no Mt. lor... :p :lol:

Edited by samuel chy

thanks samuel, a lot of korenese there?? seems like will be dominated by korean soon XD

Edited by Tze Shan

thanks samuel, a lot of korenese there?? seems like will be dominated by korean soon XD

em, not me only la... k? btw, ya, last week when i go Gaya Street, i saw many korean... :) and what i heard is at least got 600+++.

Iggy,

but you get Batavia, which they don't get in BKI :blink: :lol:

Tze Shan,

korenese ???

last part of my recent spotting trip... :)

two korean meet...

IPB Image

then Azahan friend come, Yati.... :lol:

IPB Image

Yati must be very happy when she saw this korean...

IPB Image

IPB Image

after depart of Korean T7, then MH 330 come...

IPB Image

IPB Image

then Korean 330 tell her cousin that 'byebye...' :p

IPB Image

::the end::

enjoy...

bad quality..

Can you:

1. Please re-register with you actual name

2. If you've a comment on "good quality" photography techniques,

please post them and share with the rest of us, so that we can learn,

rather than a "one liner"...

Thank you

Yeah, teach us how to get a decent photo :)

Edited by Isaac

Can you:

1. Please re-register with you actual name

2. If you've a comment on "good quality" photography techniques,

please post them and share with the rest of us, so that we can learn,

rather than a "one liner"...

Thank you

agree! pls let me know what is my wrong instead of just said 'bad'. and humans hav the rite to don view it, just like what others do.

bad quality..

n.s. (whoever you are)

Looks like you got off on the wrong footing ! However, all is not lost - we should all respect your opinion on quality of the pictures (assuming it is quality of pics you're referring to in first place) which in itself is a very subjective matter to start with. Look at it from another angle, you may be of opinion your post is very valid whilst others here may consider it in bad taste and lacking in etiquette.

Bear in mind Samuel sacrificed time and effort to obtain those pics, then upload them for us to share. Keyword is 'SHARE' - perhaps you may have better quality pics (again subjective) of the events to share with us, perhaps you may have ideas as to how to get a sharper image, or better angle etc. Then it becomes constructive criticism, which will be much appreciated by all I'm sure.

Just an opinion - don't flame me !

Sign in to follow this