MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sanjay Thaker

MAS CADET PILOT

I applied like 5 months ago. Still waiting for my psychometric results. Gosh, if I have to wait some more, I have to stay (and pay for) 3 months more in college. Had it mid-december.

I applied like 5 months ago. Still waiting for my psychometric results. Gosh, if I have to wait some more, I have to stay (and pay for) 3 months more in college. Had it mid-december.

If you haven't done so already, take a glance at LeeCHs forum in "Flight Logbook", entitled "The Story of a Pilot".

You'll get an idea of how long-winded the process is :)

Hope it goes well for you! :)

Do you think they're strict with the 'you must be 18 at date of application' rule? My friend applied too and his birthday isnt till september. Good luck Sanjay. Get a contingency plan if this doesnt work out.

Yes i submitted my resume 2 days ago..yet to be called up for anything

hahh...Sanjay same me,i sent the resume last week...i dun know when will MAS call us for interview :) hope it will be in this jun/july before we go to university...

Hey guys...just wondering...the recent ad for cadet pilots recruitment by MH in The Star...did anyone from our own MW.com apply for it?

hi there sanjay..i've applied it 1 or 2 weeks ago but i haven't received any reply from them..i'm not sure whether my qualifcation is not good enough or they won't consider me because i'm not 18 yet til this july..thx

REGARDS.

julian

I have been applying cadet pilot for 5 years in a stroll and still no luck for MAS or SIA...haiz...i wan to try again....I wont give up till I'll 30s.......

I have been applying cadet pilot for 5 years in a stroll and still no luck for MAS or SIA...haiz...i wan to try again....I wont give up till I'll 30s.......

Dont give up yea!

What is the academic qualification do you guys have/use when applie to airlines?

i am already doing my a-levels in taylors college....thanx for the wishes guys...well juz waiting for that 'midas' call from MAS..lol....i dont think they're too strict bout being 18...as by the time we begin our training most likely we'll already be almost 18...

Sanjay, I'm in ADP! Hahaha. Just a stone's throw away from the main campus. I applied with my CPU results. I think you;d have to wait like a minimum of 2 months before you get any reply.

i applied for it back in 2004 march after i got my spm results.. in just a month time.. they sent me a letter for psychometric test.. i went for it in apr.. then i asked them how long will it take for a reply.. the representative said a month or 6 weeks only.. in the end.. 3 months.. and by the time i have applied my visa to uk and start a foundation programme before i enrol on my degree in airline & airport management course now which i like very much.. good luck to you all guys.. make malaysia proud.. !!!

Dont give up yea!

What is the academic qualification do you guys have/use when applie to airlines?

hi..thx 4 ur encouragement...i'm not sure about the requirements to become a cadet pilot in MAS..i hope anyone from MAS or with experience will let me know about their requirements..thanks :rolleyes:

the requirements are in the malaysia airlines website..under careers.....currently SPM holders are accepted..but from what i've heard in future only STPM/A LEVELS/PRE-UNI certificates would be the minimum needed

from what i heard, AK wont be accepting any cadets till at least 2007

very true..apparently Airbus doesnt wan a straight props to FLY BY WIRE Conversion..:/

very true..apparently Airbus doesnt wan a straight props to FLY BY WIRE Conversion..:/

Big winner will be Aussies, Europeans that have a large GA within their systems. Losers will be the less-develloped countries, where you only training aircraft and airline jets, with few things in between.