MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Zamir

AirAsia X Cancels Maldives Service

AirAsia X Cancels Maldives Service from March 2014

by JL

Update at 0920GMT 06FEB14

AirAsia X from 01MAR14 is cancelling service to Maldives, as the airline closed reservation on/after this date on its website. As a result of Male service cancellation, existing 4 weekly Colombo service will be operating as nonstop flights in both direction. This has been reflected on the airline’s web booking system.

Kuala Lumpur – Colombo schedule from 01MAR14 to 29MAR14 as follow.

D7182 KUL1005 – 1055CMB 330 57

D7182 KUL1400 – 1450CMB 330 24

D7183 CMB1155 – 1745KUL 330 57

D7183 CMB1555 – 2145KUL 330 24

http://airlineroute.net/2014/02/06/d7-mle-mar14/

From my experience on D7 service to MLE, majority of pax are to/from CMB. Cancellation means have to endure godly hours MLE-KUL from March :(

A friend of mine planned to go to Maldives for honeymoon, found that price (hotel + airfare) was really steep, compared to Thailand or other popular tourist destinations. Maldives by no means is a cheap holiday destination.

Yes, those who cannot afford FSC airfares will definitely not be able to afford the ground arrangement costs...

So MLE is not really a LCC route, not from Malaysia at least...

Edited by flee

A friend of mine planned to go to Maldives for honeymoon, found that price (hotel + airfare) was really steep, compared to Thailand or other popular tourist destinations. Maldives by no means is a cheap holiday destination.

Unless staying in guests house, resorts in Maldives is never cheap.

Maldives is not cheap. The longer you wait, the more expensive it gets, and the smaller the islands become. :D

Maldives is not cheap. The longer you wait, the more expensive it gets, and the smaller the islands become. :D

Hahass! I like your last part.

Maybe D7 not suitable for this route..they can used AK flights (A320) instead of using a widebody aircraft..MH only used their B738 to MLE maybe not so popular for the tourist from Malaysia....

Edited by Sulhan .

I remember Capt Radzi mentioned something about flower cargo between Malaysia and Maldives. So, it works for MH through carrying a healthy load of cargo and passengers.

Maybe D7 not suitable for this route..they can used AK flights (A320) instead of using a widebody aircraft..MH only used their B738 to MLE maybe not so popular for the tourist from Malaysia....

A large portion of MH and SQ pax are transit to/from China.

Yes, the resorts are very expensive. But inns and hotels with easy access to the beach are around RM100 plus per night. Not that bad.

Guest house in Male, Hulhumale and Villingili cost from US$80/night.

A large portion of MH and SQ pax are transit to/from China.

Guest house in Male, Hulhumale and Villingili cost from US$80/night.

The only airports have direct flights from China to Maldives is PEK and PVG..its a daily flights? PEK serves by CHH & MEG to MLE and PVG only MEG have direct flights to MLE...maybe thats why many China tourist make transit at SIN & KUL..

The only airports have direct flights from China to Maldives is PEK and PVG..its a daily flights? PEK serves by CHH & MEG to MLE and PVG only MEG have direct flights to MLE...maybe thats why many China tourist make transit at SIN & KUL..

As Chinese is the largest national arrival to Maldives, MLE is now connected to a number of Chinese cities e.g. 3U from Chengdu, MU from Kunming, LV to PVG, Q2 to Chongqhing, CZ from Guangzhou.

I think that D7 also priced the tickets too high - if I remember correctly, the launch offer price was RM 399 when most other D7 routes launched at RM 199.

As for AK, they already dropped CMB before D7 took it up. AK has determined that its most profitable routes are those that are 3 hours or lower sectors.

I think that D7 also priced the tickets too high - if I remember correctly, the launch offer price was RM 399 when most other D7 routes launched at RM 199.

As for AK, they already dropped CMB before D7 took it up. AK has determined that its most profitable routes are those that are 3 hours or lowerAK

AK has flight to Cochin..route between COK and MLE from KUL difference maybe between 20-30min..i think its not a problem to AK to serve MLE..

Edited by Sulhan .

A well know footballer D.B and his family spent a week new year holiday in Maldives at cost of GBP2.5 million.

A Arab prince held a birthday party here recently, spent US$40 million and gave US$300k tips.

Edited by KK Lee

Not sure if they are going to operate KUL-CMB-MLE-KUL or KUL-CMB-MLE-CMB-KUL. Should be interesting to see how they go about it.

Sign in to follow this