2. 2. Which type you like to fly?

• A380
    • B748
    • B777
    • A330/340
    • A320
    • B737
    • etc.

Agree with you, Kapitan, those Mad Dogs are amazing: quiet if you're seated up to row 10, and a sky-rocketing take-off performance :rolleyes:

Instead of the MD's, I experience the "sky-rocketing" effect once during the B772 takeoff in KKIA. I mean the thrust would still able to "woosh" you forward even at the so called "peak engine thrust". Love the feeling. B) LeeCH and TK must be very happy.. :lol:

Airbus and A330

(I wish I can pick another one)

Fokker and F50

Both are my darlings now but still can't beat my 1st wife, F50. :p

Adrian,

i remember during the 80's i flew on MH F50 once.. Fuh.. so panas.. that they provide the Kipas satay..

-cheers-

Adrian,

i remember during the 80's i flew on MH F50 once.. Fuh.. so panas.. that they provide the Kipas satay..

-cheers-

In the late 80s I lived in Ipoh and used to take the F50 to KUL pretty often. I remember once there was a storm en route, and the poor machine was all over the place. It was moving left-right, up-down. I had to hold on to the armrests just to keep myself in the seat. What a ride! And the props were just purring along. :huh:

.ny

Instead of the MD's, I experience the "sky-rocketing" effect once during the B772 takeoff in KKIA. I mean the thrust would still able to "woosh" you forward even at the so called "peak engine thrust". Love the feeling. B) LeeCH and TK must be very happy.. :lol:

i experience skyrocket before back in 1995. i was on Continental B727-200 from New Orleans to EWR. I guess that's why they call the 727 has the short field performance. we rotate very early climbing out very fast and the pitch was very amazing.

once more on CX A333 HKG-KUL, the pict is also a bit like rocket but i hate the engine sound which is like buzz saw.

Azuddin

I see, Boeing 777 is, by far, the most popular aircraft amongst Malaysianwings members :D

I see, Boeing 777 is, by far, the most popular aircraft amongst Malaysianwings members :D

most of the pilot on MW is T7 pilot. anyway, T7 is one of the most successful passenger airliner to date.

Azuddin

I thought majority people will vote 747...guess it's not popular as it was back then.

T7 is the way to go nowadays. you can see most majr airlines in the world has them, especially EK, SQ and CX which consider the T7 as the smallest aircraft in their fleet.

Azuddin

Adrian,

-cheers-

LOL Meor, are you sure it's F50? I think it's F27...F50 doesn't come till 88 or 89. I although I did have the experience of pressure cooking F50 where it was very hot sunny day (not mistaken was the drought season) and the cabin was quite hot.

When everyone boarded, the staircase was up and the whole cabin was airtight. No air circulation wat so ever coz the air-con haven't switch on yet.

We have to wait for around 5 minutes 3 to 5 minutes like that. By the time the aircon is on, everyone was sweating like hell. :lol:

I voted MD and etc. which to be specific is the MD-80. I've been inside one AS A PAX but many pilots reported liking the plane for its handling characteristics.
I've never heard any complaints from anyone about any bird from the DC-9 family. Built tough, she's one rugged beast (48kt max Xwind component!!!). Can't go to far past the 717. Its a DC-9 made modern and thus better, in terms of work load etc. Was talking to one pilot the other day (who had recently moved from the poor performing BAe 146 to 717)...V1....rotate...adopt 20 degree pitch!! Simply Awesome. Such a sad time at present, with the final "DC-9" making her way down the production line.

Don't forget the 737 :)

737 is also a good example of successful pax jet. i beleive there's over 1000 of 737 (all type, new and old gen). flying today.

Azuddin

Azzudin, the 5000th 737 has just rolled off the production line. Its closer to 4,500 737's flying today :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

737 is, and always will be a fantastic a/c

Azzudin, the 5000th 737 has just rolled off the production line. Its closer to 4,500 737's flying today :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

737 is, and always will be a fantastic a/c

if i'm not mistaken Ryanair get the 5000th 737. correct me if i'm wrong.

Azuddin

Wasn't Ryanair, but if I gave you a 2nd guess i'd believe you'd come close (i'll give you a clue...737-700)

Here's mine:

DC-9-anything from 30 to 95...built tough, real performer

A320...all round great a/c

737 all series...there's a reason over 6100 have now been sold!

Fokker 100...gotta love a fine dutch lady

everybody love 777@@"

sigh... why boeing give the name such 748....

in chinese we can translate it to 去死吧!! means "go to hell" :blink: :huh:

Edited by Tze Shan

Wasn't Ryanair, but if I gave you a 2nd guess i'd believe you'd come close (i'll give you a clue...737-700)

Here's mine:

DC-9-anything from 30 to 95...built tough, real performer

A320...all round great a/c

737 all series...there's a reason over 6100 have now been sold!

Fokker 100...gotta love a fine dutch lady

my bad, how can i forget it was delivered to an American low cost carrier with 100% 737 in fleet. the Southwest Airline.

Azuddin

everybody love 777@@"

haha, Tze Shan... ur translate really :lol: ... :p

everybody love 777@@"

No wonder they don't sell 748 really good :angry: I know they should go for B745

Sign in to follow this