MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
alberttky

Qantas mulls Airbus A350, Boeing 777X to replace Boeing 747s

I wish there will be a non-Airbus WB aircraft for a major Malaysian-based airlines.

Whatever it is, whoever it is.

Malindo might get some 787s from Lion. If they can last that long lah

Umm Malindo has all Boeing a/c, so I guess the captain is referring to some red airlines.

Me too, I guess I am getting sick of seeing A320, A330s around.

I wish there will be a non-Airbus WB aircraft for a major Malaysian-based airlines.

Airbus wide-bodies are beautiful planes, and I'm quite happy most airlines in SE Asia have chosen mostly Airbus, as I'm a huge Airbus fan and I really hate them awful dis-propotionate 737's! Its just the nose, tail wedge and the engine uurrgghh ! Compared to the beautiful A320's with its smooth edges.

However there are quite a few exceptions, I think the 777's and 747s are one of the most elegant planes flying today and its sad seeing them leaving MH's fleet.

Umm Malindo has all Boeing a/c, so I guess the captain is referring to some red airlines.

Me too, I guess I am getting sick of seeing A320, A330s around.

Capt said non Airbus WB. 787 is one. Pak Rusdi did mention before that Malindo might get some 787s

Edited by Mulyadir Fitri

I think the 777's and 747s are one of the most elegant planes flying today and its sad seeing them leaving MH's fleet.

I don't think the B77W is that elegant. The A345 is miles more elegant that that.

web.jpg

I must admit that the B747s (whichever variant) look majestic, though! :)

web.jpg

Well Malindo Air might be getting B788s.

I think that MH is now heavily invested in Airbus for wide bodies. So they are more likely to order A359 or A35J to replace the B772s and A333s. Still, it would be nice to see MH put plans into place to acquire the B737Max. :)

Airasia Group is a lost cause... Uncle Tony and Airbus are so close that it would be hard for Boeing to muscle in.

I don't think the B77W is that elegant. The A345 is miles more elegant that

Airasia Group is a lost cause... Uncle Tony and Airbus are so close that it would be hard for Boeing to muscle in.

One man' s meal is another man's poison.

Not if Boeing decided to drop their price, then we see stiffer competition between the two. At the moment Boeing is like those expensive European cars and Airbus is more like American cars in terms of pricing...

Not if Boeing decided to drop their price, then we see stiffer competition between the two. At the moment Boeing is like those expensive European cars and Airbus is more like American cars in terms of pricing...

This was the case in the 90s till the early 2000s but not anymore now. It is said that the pricing is more or less the same between these two biggest aircraft manufacturers and Boeing is just as aggressive as Airbus, if not more especially after Airbus overtook Boeing as the biggest aircraft manufacturer a few years ago.

I don't think price is a major factor either. Silkair ordered the B737 because they could not get the A320 delivery slots that they wanted.

Sign in to follow this