MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mike P

Chinese tourists on SIA flight tried to keep cutlery

Airlines should just take this as a form of advertising. The logo on these things will remind them to fly SQ again next time.

He tried to take 30 sets of them. Obviously not as a reminder :nea:

SQ probably should issue directive that all SQ route to and fro Chinese cities and with reasonable mainland Chinese travelers on-board should use simple plastic cutlery on-board. :p

Chinese pax are not limited to Chinese cities only e.g. on SIN-MLE, most pax are Chinese nationals. Because of numbers of Chinese pax, SQ are now serving double daily to MLE with A33E.

By convention, 4 and 5 star establishment (e.g. airline, hotel, restaurant, eatery) with any pride don't use plastic cutlery. Premium fare charged by SQ is more than covered stainless cutlery, as long as pax don't act blatantly, airline prefer to close one eye. Those salvaged war trophy recognized these airline is more superior than those using plastic cutlery, likely to recommend to their friends and pay a premium fare for the next trip.

Btw, MH is serving MLE daily with 738 and about half or more of pax are Chinese nationals.

Edited by KK Lee

Chinese pax are not limited to Chinese cities only e.g. on SIN-MLE, most pax are Chinese nationals. Because of numbers of Chinese pax, SQ are now serving double daily to MLE with A33E.

By convention, 4 and 5 star establishment (e.g. airline, hotel, restaurant, eatery) with any pride don't use plastic cutlery. Premium fare charged by SQ is more than covered stainless cutlery, as long as pax don't act blatantly, airline prefer to close one eye. Those salvaged war trophy recognized these airline is more superior than those using plastic cutlery, likely to recommend to their friends and pay a premium fare for the next trip.

Btw, MH is serving MLE daily with 738 and about half or more of pax are Chinese nationals.

True! Chinese Nationals are everywhere these days. There are even unusually high number of Chinese Nationals taking Air Asia's flight between BKI and SIN.

True! Chinese Nationals are everywhere these days. There are even unusually high number of Chinese Nationals taking Air Asia's flight between BKI and SIN.

PRC nationals are everywhere

Burberry outlet in London are filled with these people. They shop like plucking apples from the tree....just like that.....

Pluck, put in the basket, pay....woooowww so richhhh

PRC nationals are everywhere

Burberry outlet in London are filled with these people. They shop like plucking apples from the tree....just like that.....

Pluck, put in the basket, pay....woooowww so richhhh

Yes. To the point that Galeries Lafayette in Paris hires so many Mandarin speaking staff

From what I heard...it's a syndicate...buying multiple limited edition handbags and then sell them at higher prices back home...you can't buy more than one...but you can bring more than 1 home when you bring a group of supposed tourist...my parents were approached to buy for the sugar mummy...they just hand over 1000euro to my parents just like that...my parents walked away as fast as their legs could carry them...

From what I heard...it's a syndicate...buying multiple limited edition handbags and then sell them at higher prices back home...you can't buy more than one...but you can bring more than 1 home when you bring a group of supposed tourist...my parents were approached to buy for the sugar mummy...they just hand over 1000euro to my parents just like that...my parents walked away as fast as their legs could carry them...

It is true a few years ago when shops like LV restricted number of bags a tourist can buy but not any more. During noon time at CDG, one could find a few hundred Chinese tourists queuing hours for VAT refund and everyone is holding a stack of receipts.

I heard you could not use cash to buy those bags? Have to use card. Is that true?

Few shops would refuse to accept stack of US$ or Euro. However, most if not all Chinese travellers carry Unionpay card.

Yes. To the point that Galeries Lafayette in Paris hires so many Mandarin speaking staff

and not to forget its like you being transported from Paris to Kowloon at the Lafayette VAT redemption counter :D

True! Chinese Nationals are everywhere these days

I believe not so in Japan of recent times

But increasingly so here in KK

Hence, I'm under the impression we in Sabah are actually benefitting indirectly from the Diaoyu/Senkaku isles tension :)

I believe not so in Japan of recent times

But increasingly so here in KK

Hence, I'm under the impression we in Sabah are actually benefitting indirectly from the Diaoyu/Senkaku isles tension :)

You know the number of PRCs coming in keeps increasing when you see massage joints after massage joints keep opening up.

If you board an airline from China, through out the journey will be like 'pasar' :)

Wait til you experience British chartered from Spain especially like those from club 18-30.

Edited by KK Lee

Sign in to follow this