MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sri Ramani K.

Skytrax World Airline Awards 2013.

However flawed Skytrax research is, it is nevertheless a good snapshot of passengers' perceptions of the airlines. It is still better than guessing what is happening in the marketplace.

If MH management and staff use the results constructively to improve on their performance, then they would have taken steps to ensure that passengers will vote them into a better position next year.

. Skytrax, from my own impressions, tends to be a platform for the most seasoned travelers

Nah, the seasoned travellers go elsewhere ;) Skytrax is full of once a year flyers.

Oh MH still better than BI, maybe Biman too. Where is TG?

and the Golden Girls!

I doubt girls from the golden era would be quite up to the task already - most would be in retiree category as far as flying career is concerned I think :D

MAS no more Best Cabin Staff??? Oh NO!!! Best signature dish only??? So sad!

Was on a MH flight recently, doubt MH should win the best cabin crews award;

- When asked for juice, cabin crews aptitude feel like indebted to her.

- After J-class pax were deplaned, cabin crews were more eager to get off duty by collecting J-class menu cards before allowing EY pax to deplane.

I concur that MH cabin service has deterioated so much. On my recent flight to Perth, a cabin crew was particularly rude and showed her displeasure by rolling her eyes when she was presented with a simple request by a family - to resit them together as they were seperated, as it was a full flight. She refused to do anything, and shook her head as she walked away, for everyone to see. Bad attitude. I should have taken a photo of her.

On my recent flights (in June/July), the MH crew were pretty good with the exception of 1 or 2 individuals. Mind you, this was in J class... I have not travelled in Y on MH long-haul in quite a while.

A feedback to their cabin crew team would be useful. Though I must add that their reply might take months before you hear anything despite constant reminders. There's always a bad apple somewhere, even on any MH flight. I had the pleasure of being treated very rudely by one of their star cabin crew who questioned me in the galley when I approached her for water. She asked me I had not taken the water that was served minutes before andi told he I was in the lavatory. She is also the one while disembarking showed her irritation that I was a little slow in disembarking. She was ready with her winter coat and luggage while other passengers were still disembarking. Apparently, she was surprised that she had a feedback such as that since she was a usual "star". Hmm...wonder why ;)

Ironically I had a pretty good flight on Y KUL - BKI sector recently. It was on one of those newer MX-series and I thought, hey new equipment with new crew attitude! I was really impressed with the young team, although personally I am just a quiet traveller. Didn't ask much but from what I saw, the team was all ready to assist when possible.

Great flight I'd tell ye!

I must be very lucky because I have almost always had good flight experiences with MH over the last 5 years both in Y and J.